Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here
Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

ben M

F.A.O Dazmond
« on: August 11, 2013, 10:44:42 am »
Dazmond, you told us in the past that you didn't see the point to spend so much money for a pole (xtreme 25). You said that the slx25 was more than enough, now you have the xtreme, do you think is really worth to spend £300 more for a pole?

Thanks

Ben

windiewasher

Re: F.A.O Dazmond
« Reply #1 on: August 11, 2013, 10:50:10 am »
Before that it was a brodex hydra alloy  ;D
I hear the extremes are too brittle.
I like my slx and clxs as i can through them around.
Just get the superlite for big commercials and that really is light and rigid.
Takings off all first cleans till march 7th 2014
October  total=  cleaned  extra per month
November = cleaned extra per month
Total £  so far.

stuart mc

« Reply #2 on: August 11, 2013, 10:55:57 am »
if you go back far enough dazmond did not want to go WFP, he reads and learns and changes his mind, that is a good thing, and the answer is obvious, he would not have bought the extreme if he did not think it was worth it

dazmond

« Reply #3 on: August 11, 2013, 10:59:31 am »
Ben if you ve got the money buy one.they make work so easy.they are not as brittle as people make out.

Awesome pole really.awkward windows are a doddle and my slx 22 feels like a lump of lead now!
price higher/work harder!

ben M

« Reply #4 on: August 11, 2013, 11:01:15 am »
Before that it was a brodex hydra alloy  ;D
I hear the extremes are too brittle.
I like my slx and clxs as i can through them around.
Just get the superlite for big commercials and that really is light and rigid.
i like my slx25, don't want a fragile pole even if he is lighter, i will probably buy another slx25 and sell my 18 months old slx25 on ebay  ;D

ben M

« Reply #5 on: August 11, 2013, 11:02:09 am »
Ben if you ve got the money buy one.they make work so easy.they are not as brittle as people make out.

Awesome pole really.awkward windows are a doddle and my slx 22 feels like a lump of lead now!
thanks for the answer Daz

windiewasher

« Reply #6 on: August 11, 2013, 11:02:19 am »
£500 or £600 for a pole is nothing as long as it last a bit.2 or 3 days work to buy one is nothing really.
Its lighter and more rigid than a slx so you can work quicker how much difference is unsure.
But i know a superlite 40 feels half the weight of a supermax 40 so after being on commercials all day you feel fresher,use less water and does a better job.imo
Takings off all first cleans till march 7th 2014
October  total=  cleaned  extra per month
November = cleaned extra per month
Total £  so far.

ben M

« Reply #7 on: August 11, 2013, 11:03:43 am »
if you go back far enough dazmond did not want to go WFP, he reads and learns and changes his mind, that is a good thing, and the answer is obvious, he would not have bought the extreme if he did not think it was worth it
you can buy it and afterwards think it is good but not worth an extra £300!

roundbuilder

« Reply #8 on: August 11, 2013, 11:14:13 am »
£500 or £600 for a pole is nothing as long as it last a bit.2 or 3 days work to buy one is nothing really.
Its lighter and more rigid than a slx so you can work quicker how much difference is unsure.
But i know a superlite 40 feels half the weight of a supermax 40 so after being on commercials all day you feel fresher,use less water and does a better job.imo
1 days work according to some on here lol.
I agree though its pennies when you work out the long term benefit and welth it makes.

davids3511

« Reply #9 on: August 11, 2013, 11:25:29 am »
you can buy it and afterwards think it is good but not worth an extra £300!
I've broke two sections and I would still buy an extreme again. You do have to modify (or at least I did) how you clean slightly and I am very careful with costs but I still think it is worth the difference.

s.w.c

« Reply #10 on: August 11, 2013, 01:27:48 pm »
I got one of the early extreme, its now old hat but still  got some years left in it, best investment to help reduce injuries and fatigue. 

ben M

« Reply #11 on: August 11, 2013, 02:11:44 pm »
i am looking to try a xtreme 25 near where i live (East Devon) anyone? thanks

dazmond

« Reply #12 on: August 12, 2013, 09:58:19 am »
if your poling 90% of the time as a sole trader then buying extreme poles is a good investment.the difference in how you feel after a days work is staggering.fresher and no aching arms and shoulders.

ive also modified the way i work slightly.im not so forceful in shutting stiff open windows.

its always the awkward windows over connys/extensions and higher than 1 st floor that give you strain and i have a lot of them every month to clean.extreme poles make these windows a doddle.add on work also adds to increased strain but these poles just make them easier.you cant put a price on that.

then theres the higher work.large domestic and commercial work,solar panels on roofs etc so my choice is the extreme 47.

extreme 25 is my main day to day pole allowing me to clean lots of work without changing poles/sections etc and cutting down time on a job.

regards

dazmond

Scrimble

« Reply #13 on: August 12, 2013, 11:31:22 am »
get the xtreme 18, best pole you can get

Michael Peterson

« Reply #14 on: August 12, 2013, 05:27:05 pm »
would you honestly say the 18 will make your day easier ? i have 18's in clx and slx's and they are so light i feal it couldnt possibly be much easier yet i still toy with the idea of the extreeme what do you think ?

MATT BATEMAN (OWC)

« Reply #15 on: August 12, 2013, 05:37:54 pm »
Ive got an SLX 25' as my everyday pole and it is absolutely fine for that purpose. I am considering a 25' extreme, but would only splash that kind of money on an everyday pole if I had run out of other things in my life I might wish for.

The missus moves out soon, I'll be £1000 a month better off then, I might give it a go after that  ;D

MATT BATEMAN (OWC)

« Reply #16 on: August 12, 2013, 05:39:49 pm »
Talking of extreme 25's if you want one for just £10 enter the draw here

http://www.cleanitup.co.uk/smf/index.php?topic=172474.0

theres less than 3 weeks to go before the draw is held.

SB Cleaning

« Reply #17 on: August 12, 2013, 08:31:03 pm »
Buy one they're the best ;)

dd

« Reply #18 on: August 12, 2013, 08:36:08 pm »
Ive got an SLX 25' as my everyday pole and it is absolutely fine for that purpose. I am considering a 25' extreme, but would only splash that kind of money on an everyday pole if I had run out of other things in my life I might wish for.

The missus moves out soon, I'll be £1000 a month better off then, I might give it a go after that  ;D
Usually cost you money when that happens as they take half of everything you own!

robbo333

« Reply #19 on: August 12, 2013, 08:38:51 pm »
Daz, I'm suffering from tennis elbow at the moment (sounds stupid but really giving me some jip). Is the extreme really that good? I've got the slx 22 with an aquadapta. How do you find the closed length of extreme 25? Is it ok? I'm finding the 22 a tad too long for close up conservatory cleans at the moment. Any help would be grateful. Cheers Pete
"Thank you for calling: if you have a 1st floor flat, mid terraced house, lots of dogs, no parking, no side access, or no sense of humour, please press hold!
For all other enquiries, please press1"

ben M

« Reply #20 on: August 12, 2013, 09:33:09 pm »
Daz, I'm suffering from tennis elbow at the moment (sounds stupid but really giving me some jip). Is the extreme really that good? I've got the slx 22 with an aquadapta. How do you find the closed length of extreme 25? Is it ok? I'm finding the 22 a tad too long for close up conservatory cleans at the moment. Any help would be grateful. Cheers Pete
i think it would be good first to remove the aqua dapter,what do you think? what is the point to add weight on your pole?
second stop the tennis  ;D

dazmond

« Reply #21 on: August 12, 2013, 11:15:41 pm »
pete the extreme is so much lighter and more rigid than the slx.the 25 is fine for most of my work but ive not got many tight space connys.

an extreme 18 would be the lightest pole.maybe you could get one with just one extension taking you up to 22 ft when needed?that way you ll have a very short closed length pole thats unbelievably light.

by the way i use an AD mk3 XL on the 25 extreme.its hardly noticable in weight terms and allows me to work very efficiently and fast.much better than a pole tap/pinching hose etc,etc IMO.

ben M

« Reply #22 on: August 12, 2013, 11:21:45 pm »
pete the extreme is so much lighter and more rigid than the slx.the 25 is fine for most of my work but ive not got many tight space connys.

an extreme 18 would be the lightest pole.maybe you could get one with just one extension taking you up to 22 ft when needed?that way you ll have a very short closed length pole thats unbelievably light.

by the way i use an AD mk3 XL on the 25 extreme.its hardly noticable in weight terms and allows me to work very efficiently and fast.much better than a pole tap/pinching hose etc,etc IMO.
http://www.gardinerpolesystems.co.uk/acatalog/Super-Lite-XTREME_POLES_25.html

We do not recommend the use of an Aquadapter or similar devices on Xtreme Poles - select our pole flow valve option if required

dazmond

« Reply #23 on: August 13, 2013, 12:00:58 am »
i havent got an AD on my extreme 47 but it doesnt get used as often as the 25.

the new aqua-daptor XL is absolutely awesome on an extreme 25.i now have a perfect day to day pole that(ill say it again!)allows me to work more efficiently with very quick water control.

i have a pole hose tap on the 47 but no way will i have one on my day to day pole!!it just slows me down! ;) :) :)

SB Cleaning

« Reply #24 on: August 13, 2013, 04:23:53 pm »
i havent got an AD on my extreme 47 but it doesnt get used as often as the 25.

the new aqua-daptor XL is absolutely awesome on an extreme 25.i now have a perfect day to day pole that(ill say it again!)allows me to work more efficiently with very quick water control.

i have a pole hose tap on the 47 but no way will i have one on my day to day pole!!it just slows me down! ;) :) :)
couldnt  agree more...

The aquadapter xl is great on the extreme 25

Michael Peterson

« Reply #25 on: August 13, 2013, 05:30:29 pm »
although i think the extreeme is obviously going to be the best pole i think my heart could take breaking a slx or clx a lot more than an extreeme, i think im going to wait about 4 months and see how dazmonds poles are getting on, if they are still fine ill ger one then

ben M

« Reply #26 on: August 13, 2013, 07:46:00 pm »
Daz, your xtreme 25 is fragile or not? how do you do to close windows now?
Thanks

Ben

DG Cleaning

« Reply #27 on: August 13, 2013, 08:32:26 pm »
I've got an slx 22 and tbh I've stopped shutting windows.
If its a top opener that opens out then I can get to it with a gooseneck.
I used to with the Harris but I'm not risking this pole.

PoleKing

« Reply #28 on: August 13, 2013, 09:01:28 pm »
Pricy day for me today.
SLX18
SLX30
Extreme 47
Various odds and sods to go with them.
Daz-these poles best be as good as you say they are.
I'm coming for you if I prefer a Brodex Scaffold tube  ;D
www.LanesWindowCleaning.com

It's just the internet. Try not to worry.

ben M

« Reply #29 on: August 13, 2013, 09:20:13 pm »
I've got an slx 22 and tbh I've stopped shutting windows.
If its a top opener that opens out then I can get to it with a gooseneck.
I used to with the Harris but I'm not risking this pole.
you can with a slx no prob, i do it everyday with my slx25

DaveG

« Reply #30 on: August 13, 2013, 09:25:37 pm »

Jammy git!!

:o ;D
You can't polish a turd

SB Cleaning

« Reply #31 on: August 13, 2013, 09:31:44 pm »
Daz, your xtreme 25 is fragile or not? how do you do to close windows now?
Thanks

Ben
Had my extreme for well over a year...shut windows with it all the time...they ain't fragile ???

dazmond

« Reply #32 on: August 13, 2013, 11:24:31 pm »
ben id say the extremes are on par with the slx s for strength they just feel more fragile due to the lightness.im just a bit more careful with stiff open windows.if its really stiff i just clean it open or bump it!!

darren theres no way that you d prefer a brodex pole! ;D ;D

the extremes take a few days to get used to  then you wont want to use anything heavier IMO.

both the extreme 25 and 47 get used all the time.my slx 22 will only get used in an emergency as it feels like a brodex pole after getting used to the extremes.weird i know as i used to think you couldnt get better/lighter than an slx!

PoleKing

« Reply #33 on: August 14, 2013, 09:10:27 pm »
ben id say the extremes are on par with the slx s for strength they just feel more fragile due to the lightness.im just a bit more careful with stiff open windows.if its really stiff i just clean it open or bump it!!

darren theres no way that you d prefer a brodex pole! ;D ;D

the extremes take a few days to get used to  then you wont want to use anything heavier IMO.

both the extreme 25 and 47 get used all the time.my slx 22 will only get used in an emergency as it feels like a brodex pole after getting used to the extremes.weird i know as i used to think you couldnt get better/lighter than an slx!

They arrived today.
A bit skeptical atm especially the extreme brush.
Won't pass judgement yet though.
Ionics poles will be ebayed imminently i'm sure.
Ergolite 72' and Swift 45'
Extreme more comfortable than the 72' not sure the 47' is much better than the swift though. More flex in it than I thought there would be.
I'll give it a week or so first though
www.LanesWindowCleaning.com

It's just the internet. Try not to worry.