Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here
Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

colin bird

is a web site the way to go ?
« on: July 02, 2013, 05:33:19 pm »
hi thanks for reading,possibly looking at getting a web site set up,but was wondering how much work is generated from it ? also the costs invloved,do you need to have the site hosted so your on the front page of google ?
any help would be much appreciated.

PoleKing

Re: is a web site the way to go ?
« Reply #1 on: July 02, 2013, 05:45:14 pm »
Long and short Colin...
You'll get out of it what you put in.
If you're looking to shoot right up to the VAT limit and get commercial work etc a website may be the way forward.
If your doing (perhaps) 9-3 3 days a week. Are happy plodding or just looking at (say) a 5 mile radius of your home (nothing wrong in that if you are) then it may be an unnecessary added cost.
Some will say you can't run a business in 2013 without a website but that's just not true. It's like any other tool in business-some can't live without it-some aren't bothered.
All the best with growing your business though
www.LanesWindowCleaning.com

It's just the internet. Try not to worry.

colin bird

« Reply #2 on: July 02, 2013, 05:54:15 pm »
thanks for that,i hear what your saying,my round generates £38 k a year,this is from canvassing and recomendations,but would like to get it up to 50 K,with web site and canvassing,guess im looking for a few easy new jobs from a web site,depending on cost involved

WGB

« Reply #3 on: July 02, 2013, 10:06:28 pm »
Heres a link http://www.studioarts-dtv.co.uk ready made websites for window cleaning, mine was £95 set up and £5 per month hosting. Can go to my profile and have a look. Wayne.

windiewasher

« Reply #4 on: July 02, 2013, 10:50:34 pm »
www.cleanerbrighterwindowcleaners.co.uk
Cost me £85 with a years free hosting
Another £30 for mobile site.not sorted yet
Then £30 a year hosting fees after year 1.
If you want lukes email gis a shout.
I have picked up some great work from the site.
Takings off all first cleans till march 7th 2014
October  total=  cleaned  extra per month
November = cleaned extra per month
Total £  so far.

supernova77

« Reply #5 on: July 02, 2013, 10:52:42 pm »
Just having a website won't bring in any business... You need to make sure the website is being found by your target audience.

Andy

Nathanael Jones

« Reply #6 on: July 02, 2013, 11:14:54 pm »
I don't canvass, drop leaflets or advertise in the paper - - all my work comes from my websites & facebook,.. its by far the best return on investment you can get in advertising if its done right.

Make sure that your website is properly optimised for search engines, and make sure its smartphone & tablet friendly,... otherwise you're just throwing money away. ;)

wpclean

« Reply #7 on: July 02, 2013, 11:19:31 pm »
I don't canvass, drop leaflets or advertise in the paper - - all my work comes from my websites & facebook,.. its by far the best return on investment you can get in advertising if its done right.

Make sure that your website is properly optimised for search engines, and make sure its smartphone & tablet friendly,... otherwise you're just throwing money away. ;)
How many visits do you get each month Nat ?

windiewasher

« Reply #8 on: July 02, 2013, 11:22:46 pm »
I got 900 plus views for june.
Which equates to 30 views a day.
Had 90 enquiries through my site.
And know of many more who found my website and called me.
Takings off all first cleans till march 7th 2014
October  total=  cleaned  extra per month
November = cleaned extra per month
Total £  so far.

Susan Dean (1stclean)

« Reply #9 on: July 02, 2013, 11:41:59 pm »
just need to find a good company to keep it right as of yet and 5 years of searching ive yet to find a good internet people there all rip offs

They want you to doall the work for them I wanted a site built but why the hell should I give them all the wording ???? would they pay for there windows to be cleaned if we turn up with our wfp stood back and said ok crack on ??? then charge them for cleaning the windows when they did it themselves???I think not

wpclean

« Reply #10 on: July 02, 2013, 11:50:52 pm »
Are those figures correct, as I find it hard to believe . . . . maybe you got confused ?

MATT BATEMAN (OWC)

« Reply #11 on: July 03, 2013, 12:01:41 am »

Whats your website url?

roundbuilder

« Reply #12 on: July 03, 2013, 12:08:48 am »
Erithwc seems to do realy well from he's website. Even though he said he was too busy and couldnt be bothered to build me 1 up  >:(
If it brings in just 2 new £10 customers a week then theres your 12k extra you want in a year.
If i didnt canvass so much id have a website to bring in work for sure.

Mike #1

« Reply #13 on: July 03, 2013, 06:18:47 am »
Get Nathanael to build you one Mick he built mine plus he does hosting as well  www.mmwindowcleaning.co.uk  he is a top guy and does a great job .

Colin a well built website is defo worth the extra spend i used a website builder for over a year and got 2-3 jobs form it ,

I then got Nat to build me a site and the work just keeps coming including 2 really big jobs which i have quoted for so the right website defo brings the work speak to Nathanael Jones  avondhu-internet.com he does all the SEO so will place well on google . Mike

PAUL ERITH

« Reply #14 on: July 03, 2013, 08:03:59 am »
Erithwc seems to do realy well from he's website. Even though he said he was too busy and couldnt be bothered to build me 1 up  >:(
If it brings in just 2 new £10 customers a week then theres your 12k extra you want in a year.
If i didnt canvass so much id have a website to bring in work for sure.

Ha Ha I only said no because at the moment due to lack of competition internet wise I'm top of google  ;)

Its hard to say how much work has come from my site as i don't know how many are from organic searches and how many have searched for me after seeing my van working.

I would say websites are well worth it i have got some one coming to see me tomorrow about adding credit/debit card payments to my site i will see what happens.

Paul

robertphil

« Reply #15 on: July 03, 2013, 08:15:44 am »
websites are a good idea to keep work tricklin in .   i get plenty from mine

MATT BATEMAN (OWC)

« Reply #16 on: July 03, 2013, 08:36:21 am »

Whats your website url?

paul ette

« Reply #17 on: July 03, 2013, 08:45:31 am »
im also interested in how well a website does on google 1st page, mine is on page 2 and get probably 1 call every couple months.
had lots of calls from people promising me they will get me on the top 3 and i will make lots of money, but too many scams out there, who can you trust?? ???

roundbuilder

« Reply #18 on: July 03, 2013, 09:48:43 am »
Whats your website url?

Wtf is a url

robbo333

« Reply #19 on: July 03, 2013, 09:58:37 am »
My website works ok for me and with a bit of clever internet marketing I get calls every week.  :)
"Thank you for calling: if you have a 1st floor flat, mid terraced house, lots of dogs, no parking, no side access, or no sense of humour, please press hold!
For all other enquiries, please press1"