This is an advertisement
Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here

Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

MATT BATEMAN (OWC)

colin bird

Re: is a web site the way to go ?
« Reply #21 on: July 03, 2013, 01:24:19 pm »
Heres a link http://www.studioarts-dtv.co.uk ready made websites for window cleaning, mine was £95 set up and £5 per month hosting. Can go to my profile and have a look. Wayne.
hi wayne thanks for that,had a look at your site ,i think it looks good,have made a note of your web site designer.

do you get much work from it ?

regards colin

colin bird

« Reply #22 on: July 03, 2013, 01:29:20 pm »
www.cleanerbrighterwindowcleaners.co.uk
Cost me £85 with a years free hosting
Another £30 for mobile site.not sorted yet
Then £30 a year hosting fees after year 1.
If you want lukes email gis a shout.
I have picked up some great work from the site.

hi i think your site looks good,would you be able to let me have a contact for them.
many thanks colin

colin bird

« Reply #23 on: July 03, 2013, 01:30:45 pm »
Just having a website won't bring in any business... You need to make sure the website is being found by your target audience.

Andy

hi andy ,yes i agree,thats why im looking inot the hosting side,as i feel if its not hosted,i will end up on page 10 on google
regards colin

windiewasher

« Reply #24 on: July 03, 2013, 01:32:20 pm »
www.cleanerbrighterwindowcleaners.co.uk
Cost me £85 with a years free hosting
Another £30 for mobile site.not sorted yet
Then £30 a year hosting fees after year 1.
If you want lukes email gis a shout.
I have picked up some great work from the site.

hi i think your site looks good,would you be able to let me have a contact for them.
many thanks colin
luke@prominentmarketing.co.uk
Takings off all first cleans till march 7th 2014
October  total=  cleaned  extra per month
November = cleaned extra per month
Total £  so far.

colin bird

« Reply #25 on: July 03, 2013, 01:33:00 pm »
I don't canvass, drop leaflets or advertise in the paper - - all my work comes from my websites & facebook,.. its by far the best return on investment you can get in advertising if its done right.

Make sure that your website is properly optimised for search engines, and make sure its smartphone & tablet friendly,... otherwise you're just throwing money away. ;)

thanks for that taken on board your feedback.

regards colin

colin bird

« Reply #26 on: July 03, 2013, 01:35:55 pm »
Erithwc seems to do realy well from he's website. Even though he said he was too busy and couldnt be bothered to build me 1 up  >:(
If it brings in just 2 new £10 customers a week then theres your 12k extra you want in a year.
If i didnt canvass so much id have a website to bring in work for sure.

hi mick re canvaasing service im based approx 10 miles south of gatwick,is that an area you would cover ?
regards colin

colin bird

« Reply #27 on: July 03, 2013, 01:38:43 pm »
Get Nathanael to build you one Mick he built mine plus he does hosting as well  www.mmwindowcleaning.co.uk  he is a top guy and does a great job .

Colin a well built website is defo worth the extra spend i used a website builder for over a year and got 2-3 jobs form it ,

I then got Nat to build me a site and the work just keeps coming including 2 really big jobs which i have quoted for so the right website defo brings the work speak to Nathanael Jones  avondhu-internet.com he does all the SEO so will place well on google . Mike
 hi mike thanks for that will be in touch with him
regards colin

colin bird

« Reply #28 on: July 03, 2013, 01:42:13 pm »
My website works ok for me and with a bit of clever internet marketing I get calls every week.  :)
hi when you say internet marketing whats that ?
apologies if im being thick

regards colin

Nathanael Jones

« Reply #29 on: July 03, 2013, 02:00:59 pm »
Get Nathanael to build you one Mick he built mine plus he does hosting as well  www.mmwindowcleaning.co.uk  he is a top guy and does a great job .

Colin a well built website is defo worth the extra spend i used a website builder for over a year and got 2-3 jobs form it ,

I then got Nat to build me a site and the work just keeps coming including 2 really big jobs which i have quoted for so the right website defo brings the work speak to Nathanael Jones  avondhu-internet.com he does all the SEO so will place well on google . Mike
hi mike thanks for that will be in touch with him
regards colin

The other guys mentioned are MUCH cheaper than me (I charge £375 and upwards for a site) - - I do believe that I offer similar value for money,.. but if your budget is tight I reckon you can't beat studio-arts. ;)

AuRavelling79

« Reply #30 on: July 03, 2013, 03:57:18 pm »
Window cleaning guy I know has a website that seems up on page one and I looked at his reviews:-

Good reviews from all over Bristol and saying how he was happy to do a one off and how he did their gutters and conny roofs etc. Admittedly there were some that said they "booked" him regularly - but I don't want one's and two's the other side of a large city.

But ... I don't want to drive all over Bristol for a one off or even a regular.

Does anyone here who is trying to build up compact local work get much result from a website?

It's a game of three halves!

roundbuilder

« Reply #31 on: July 03, 2013, 04:57:04 pm »
Erithwc seems to do realy well from he's website. Even though he said he was too busy and couldnt be bothered to build me 1 up  >:(
If it brings in just 2 new £10 customers a week then theres your 12k extra you want in a year.

hi mick re canvaasing service im based approx 10 miles south of gatwick,is that an area you would cover ?
regards colin

Yes mate ill hit there for you.. Only 30 miles from me.

robbo333

« Reply #32 on: July 03, 2013, 05:15:22 pm »
My website works ok for me and with a bit of clever internet marketing I get calls every week.  :)
hi when you say internet marketing whats that ?
apologies if im being thick

regards colin

I just look at how customers may find my website using the internet and then try and get the best results from that. It could be via facebook or gumtree or a million other ways.
"Thank you for calling: if you have a 1st floor flat, mid terraced house, lots of dogs, no parking, no side access, or no sense of humour, please press hold!
For all other enquiries, please press1"

colin bird

« Reply #33 on: July 03, 2013, 07:10:31 pm »

regards colin

WGB

« Reply #34 on: July 03, 2013, 07:13:04 pm »
Heres a link http://www.studioarts-dtv.co.uk ready made websites for window cleaning, mine was £95 set up and £5 per month hosting. Can go to my profile and have a look. Wayne.
hi wayne thanks for that,had a look at your site ,i think it looks good,have made a note of your web site designer.

do you get much work from it ?

regards colin
Depends where u are i think, i maybe get a couple of jobs a month from it and im on top half of page 1 on google but i live in a low population area, less than 60,000 in my county, prob would get better results if u live in a city but i also use it for taking payments at £5 per month cant go wrong really..

colin bird

« Reply #35 on: July 03, 2013, 07:23:39 pm »

regards colin

hi mick that sounds good how can I contact you to discuss the way forward

cgh window cleaning

« Reply #36 on: July 03, 2013, 07:25:32 pm »
I Had mine designed by mike at studio arts www.cghwindowcleaning.co.uk I appear in the top 5 on page 1 on google for various search terms.i get between 1 and 6 calls a week from mine,just last week picked up a little commercial office from it.
Well worth the £5 a month hosting fee.

robertphil

« Reply #37 on: July 03, 2013, 07:40:34 pm »
www.vistaprint.co.uk  are the best in my opinion for websites,   about 7 quid a month for 3 pages  and no charge the first 30 days so you can set it up dead easy a dunce could do it and theres no commitment .
   iv had a vistaprint site about 3yrs now after reading on these very forums of them.  iv raked in no end of decent jobs from it that id not have heard of otherwise

colin bird

« Reply #38 on: July 03, 2013, 08:02:30 pm »

regards colin

hi mick how can I contact you to discuss,can you email me regards colin

roundbuilder

« Reply #39 on: July 03, 2013, 08:16:10 pm »