Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here
Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

andyM

Re: Window Wars USA (1/2)
« Reply #20 on: May 24, 2013, 02:22:42 pm »
Yeah that was a good quality video.
Thanks Lee.
I found the lawn signs bit entertaining, one company puts them out and the rival company pick them up and sling them in the back of their van.  ;D
Quote:"Competition is good for business".................... :P
One of the Plebs

Lee Burbidge

« Reply #21 on: May 24, 2013, 02:32:38 pm »
Thanks Lee.
I found the lawn signs bit entertaining, one company puts them out and the rival company pick them up and sling them in the back of their van.  ;D

;D

PAUL ERITH

« Reply #22 on: May 24, 2013, 02:51:01 pm »
Thanks Lee.

What a load of rubbish this is america why don't they just shoot the competition surely that's got to be better  :D :D

Paul

andyM

« Reply #23 on: May 24, 2013, 03:10:12 pm »
They probably all meet up for a drink on a Friday night.
Have a few beers and give each other their signs back.
One of the Plebs

MATT BATEMAN (OWC)

« Reply #24 on: May 24, 2013, 04:54:05 pm »
What I find strange, odd, difficult to get my head round about Americans is how theatrical they can be about the simplest of things and the need to fly that bloody flag of theirs outside every building in the country. It's almost to the point of indoctrination.

Great vid though.

Lee Burbidge

« Reply #25 on: May 24, 2013, 06:48:04 pm »
Thanks Lee.

What a load of rubbish this is america why don't they just shoot the competition surely that's got to be better  :D :D

Paul

Would be easier lol

Lee Burbidge

« Reply #26 on: May 24, 2013, 06:50:33 pm »
What I find strange, odd, difficult to get my head round about Americans is how theatrical they can be about the simplest of things and the need to fly that bloody flag of theirs outside every building in the country. It's almost to the point of indoctrination.

Great vid though.

Thank you Matt..... I passed three Union Jacks on my way to Surrey yesterday although not perched on anyones house lol The theatrical is what makes compelling viewing...... i love characters that come across large than life... imagine how boring a film could be with out a character  ;)

MATT BATEMAN (OWC)

« Reply #27 on: May 24, 2013, 06:52:41 pm »
You're right.

Ive never met a yank i didnt like but their idiosyncracies wind me up something cronic.  ;D

I cant stand the feckas! LOL

E-mail them and get them to register on here so we can tell them how to trad properly. Bloody amateurs.

Ste b

« Reply #28 on: May 24, 2013, 07:45:12 pm »

E-mail them and get them to register on here so we can tell them how to trad properly. Bloody amateurs.

[/quote]

X2      Would be interesting to have them on here, especialy mr ears  ;D
The purpose of life is to have a life full of purpose

dazmond

« Reply #29 on: May 24, 2013, 09:46:25 pm »
i enjoyed it too lee!good video! ;D ;D ;D

both companies looked like they were using brand new equipment just for the video!

did you mention to the guys who were cleaning the insides of houses that they can buy shoe covers so they dont have to take their boots off!! ;D ;D

they both look like very professional companies and we ve all had those employees who are accident prone,dont listen and take forever to clean a few windows!get rid!lol! ;D ;D ;D

best wishes

dazmond
price higher/work harder!

Dani J

« Reply #30 on: May 24, 2013, 10:33:11 pm »
Well done lee very interesting to know how the other side does .
$200 - $500 ? waaa that’s good price.
Is that for in & out or just outside windows?
That’s even more than what we charge per year in our patch per house.
In average we charge £30 every 8 weekly which come to around £180 per year, so theirs even higher.

MATT BATEMAN (OWC)

« Reply #31 on: May 24, 2013, 10:40:00 pm »
Those prices arent to clean just the glass, that'll be in and out, fly screens, frames, the lot, to detail. All the nooks and crannies, with a toothbrush.

Dani J

« Reply #32 on: May 24, 2013, 10:53:21 pm »
Those prices arent to clean just the glass, that'll be in and out, fly screens, frames, the lot, to detail. All the nooks and crannies, with a toothbrush.

In that case i would go for $500 mark   :)

rosskesava

« Reply #33 on: May 25, 2013, 12:22:53 am »
Great video Lee. I really enjoyed watching it. Very entertaining.

I love the way some yanks are all guns blazing about what they do and are not ashamed to admit it openly.

Have you thought about trying to flog that to any uk tv companies?
Just chant..... Hare Krsna, Hare Krsna, Krsna Krsna, Hare Hare, Hare Rama, Hare Rama, Rama Rama, Hare Hare. It's beats chanting Tory Tory or Labour Labour.

Lee Burbidge

« Reply #34 on: May 25, 2013, 09:03:51 am »
You're right.

Ive never met a yank i didnt like but their idiosyncracies wind me up something cronic.  ;D

I cant stand the feckas! LOL

lol did you see in the film Peter Artusa... he such a funny guy. All he kept saying to me the whole time was 'bloddy hell' in a rather good loud english accent. I never knew why until I found my self using the words 'bloddy hell' without thinking.... so we were all saying it by the time it came to me flying off to Kansas for my next filming schedule lol

There are brits and yanks on my FB group they all get on real fine but sure that they may get ripped to pieces on here lol  :P

Matt you remind me of my Uncle ( died last year and I loved hime to bits :(  ) he held the exact views you have mentioned on Americans..... Me? I love everyone :)

Lee Burbidge

« Reply #35 on: May 25, 2013, 09:05:40 am »

X2      Would be interesting to have them on here, especialy mr ears  ;D
[/quote]

lol poor old Peter

Lee Burbidge

« Reply #36 on: May 25, 2013, 09:09:13 am »
i enjoyed it too lee!good video! ;D ;D ;D

both companies looked like they were using brand new equipment just for the video!

did you mention to the guys who were cleaning the insides of houses that they can buy shoe covers so they dont have to take their boots off!! ;D ;D

they both look like very professional companies and we ve all had those employees who are accident prone,dont listen and take forever to clean a few windows!get rid!lol! ;D ;D ;D

best wishes

dazmond

Hey thank you Dazmond.... Im just rounding off Window Wars Part 2 .... there is footage ( not in the part 1, in a file on my computer)  where Peter mentions in the interview studio that all his staff wear plastic socks when entering customers houses..... Don in the film is from All County Window Cleaning and indeed he could of done with some of those :)

Dani J

« Reply #37 on: May 25, 2013, 12:21:47 pm »
Just thought of an idea Lee.
See if you can contact Ian Lancaster and if he agree to have him and his franchisees filmed, it’s a win, win situation for both of you.  :)

andyM

« Reply #38 on: May 25, 2013, 04:38:55 pm »
Let's get the yanks over here up against one of the British firms and see how they get on.
During winter time would be good, I bet they wouldn't last the day out.
Even better get some Canadians over here!  :D
They hibernate in winter so they would be no competition whatsoever.  ;D
One of the Plebs

Neil Gornall

« Reply #39 on: May 25, 2013, 06:29:25 pm »
Great vid Lee, looking forward to part 2