This is an advertisement
Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here

Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

Stephen Fox

Re: New Gardiners Poles!
« Reply #40 on: April 18, 2013, 11:51:02 pm »
Phoenix who??? ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D

Winpro,

Why do you think the new SLX/CLX are cheaper??! If your a die hard G fan you have a lot to thank Facelift for!  ;D ;D
Mr Fox,what do you think about the new gardiner clamp?

Without actually using it or seeing it in the 'flesh', it is hard to say. There is a danger of making comments on things when you've never used them.....

It looks pretty much the same as the current one, therefore I 'imagine' it works the same and feels the same. Going by what has been stated it has just addressed some issues brought up and experienced by users over the years (5 or so.?). In that respect it seems like an upgrade rather than a 'new' pole or clamp.

It does seem a lot of the 'new features' have been lifted directly from the Phoenix specs!  ;D

DG Cleaning

« Reply #41 on: April 19, 2013, 12:37:20 am »

Winpro,

Why do you think the new SLX/CLX are cheaper??! If your a die hard G fan you have a lot to thank Facelift for!  ;D ;D

Without actually using it or seeing it in the 'flesh', it is hard to say. There is a danger of making comments on things when you've never used them.....

It looks pretty much the same as the current one, therefore I 'imagine' it works the same and feels the same. Going by what has been stated it has just addressed some issues brought up and experienced by users over the years (5 or so.?). In that respect it seems like an upgrade rather than a 'new' pole or clamp.

It does seem a lot of the 'new features' have been lifted directly from the Phoenix specs!  ;D
Yep just like a Phoenix apart from a fibre glass bottom section ;D

p1w1

« Reply #42 on: April 19, 2013, 05:38:08 am »
Are they comparing there more expensive  hybrid pole to a full carbon one again  ;D

Alex Gardiner

« Reply #43 on: April 19, 2013, 07:46:44 am »
what else is new? only clamp?

It's all here - http://www.gardinerpolesystems.co.uk/acatalog/The-New-SLXII-NEWPOLES.html

I have seen that but can you explain more about "improved internal & external wear resistance"
Thanks

I will send an email across to you.

Alex Gardiner

« Reply #44 on: April 19, 2013, 07:48:31 am »
One for when you wake up. Will these retro fit the Xtreme poles as well? Just thinking about it, due to the half way clamping points.

These clamps will certainly fit an Xtreme pole - most of the early 'white prototype' testing was done on well used Xtreme poles.

The new batch of Xtreme 18 & 25 poles will also feature these new clamps.

SherwoodCleaningSe

« Reply #45 on: April 19, 2013, 08:07:45 am »
Hi Alex

The new clamps look really good in the video. I have to say though that video isnt for the faint hearted, it must of taken some will power to put a sander on a nice new pole section. What is the overall size like of the new clamps in comparison to the old ones? I've always though that this was one of your big advantages clamps that take up a fraction of the space in comparison to others.

Simon.

Dave Willis

« Reply #46 on: April 19, 2013, 08:18:20 am »

Winpro,

Are you going to sue?

Lee GLS

« Reply #47 on: April 19, 2013, 08:24:17 am »
Are the clamps avaliable for sale by themselves ?

Clamp upgrade kit as well, with instructional video on how to do it. No sawing off the old clamps.
how do you know?

Alex said about this on another forum.
thanks Lee. So i could still use your clamp n*1?  ;D
did you get the scrapers?  ;)

Not sure, I'm away at the moment.  :D

SB Cleaning

« Reply #48 on: April 19, 2013, 09:04:14 am »

Winpro,

Are you going to sue?
That's what I was thinking....

ben M

« Reply #49 on: April 19, 2013, 09:09:10 am »
Are the clamps avaliable for sale by themselves ?

Clamp upgrade kit as well, with instructional video on how to do it. No sawing off the old clamps.
how do you know?

Alex said about this on another forum.
thanks Lee. So i could still use your clamp n*1?  ;D
did you get the scrapers?  ;)

Not sure, I'm away at the moment.  :D
lucky you  ;) somewhere nice?  :)

Tony Edwards

« Reply #50 on: April 19, 2013, 10:04:59 am »

Winpro,

[/quote

Crawl back under your hole

rg1

« Reply #51 on: April 19, 2013, 11:30:21 am »
According to the website, the CLX II weight is TBA.

Does that suggest they will be heavier?
The pen is mightier than the sword (and a lot easier to write with!)

dd

« Reply #52 on: April 19, 2013, 11:49:36 am »
Think we should be grateful to Facelift because I think Alex has learned from their clamping system and there has been the issue with clamps needing regular adjustment on slx/clx poles for years. Is it a coincidence this has been resolved after the new Facelift poles are starting to get popular?

So thank you Alex, but also thank you Facelift for providing some good competition from which we as end users benefit from.

Please stop knocking Facelift. I understand why people do not like Stephen Fox and I remember him from years back as Foxman (not my favourite person).

Alex Gardiner

« Reply #53 on: April 19, 2013, 12:15:33 pm »

No it doesn't - they will be the same or fractionally lighter gram per cm of extended length. However we have changed the exact extended length on nearly all poles so until we have the final production models and have weighed an average sampling we cannot say exactly what the weights are.

rg1

« Reply #54 on: April 19, 2013, 12:25:08 pm »

No it doesn't - they will be the same or fractionally lighter gram per cm of extended length. However we have changed the exact extended length on nearly all poles so until we have the final production models and have weighed an average sampling we cannot say exactly what the weights are.

Thanks Alex.

Since posting that question, I decided to order a CLX 22 with FREE CLX10. Great Offer!!
The pen is mightier than the sword (and a lot easier to write with!)

Alex Gardiner

« Reply #55 on: April 19, 2013, 12:26:29 pm »
Think we should be grateful to Facelift because I think Alex has learned from their clamping system and there has been the issue with clamps needing regular adjustment on slx/clx poles for years. Is it a coincidence this has been resolved after the new Facelift poles are starting to get popular?

So thank you Alex, but also thank you Facelift for providing some good competition from which we as end users benefit from.

Please stop knocking Facelift. I understand why people do not like Stephen Fox and I remember him from years back as Foxman (not my favourite person).

Naturally I have examined the Facelift clamps as we do with all competing products. I have my opinion of the facelift clamps/poles based on my experience with them and the long term testing we have done with them.

These new Gardiner Smart-Clamps have been in development for nearly two years now so their gestation period pre-dates the latest tweaked facelift clamps. The Patent application process in itself has taken many months to achieve.

As long term users of our poles will know they have been the result of constant continuous improvement. This has continued with these new models and will no doubt continue to do so.

tlwcs

« Reply #56 on: April 19, 2013, 12:36:27 pm »
Hi Alex,
Will any of the new range have an extendable top section that we should use when we have left the milk create outside the bookies, need an extra 4' or just all the time?
Will any of the range have a bag on the base section to carry some snap? (that ones a goer mate)

dd

« Reply #57 on: April 19, 2013, 12:45:59 pm »

Naturally I have examined the Facelift clamps as we do with all competing products. I have my opinion of the facelift clamps/poles based on my experience with them and the long term testing we have done with them.

These new Gardiner Smart-Clamps have been in development for nearly two years now so their gestation period pre-dates the latest tweaked facelift clamps. The Patent application process in itself has taken many months to achieve.

As long term users of our poles will know they have been the result of constant continuous improvement. This has continued with these new models and will no doubt continue to do so.
That is good to know.

Is your opinion of the new facelift favourable?

♠Winp®oClean♠

« Reply #58 on: April 19, 2013, 02:50:08 pm »

Winpro,

No, no, no Stevie boy. These babies were being created well before the Phoenix emerged!! ;)

As I've said before, it's nice to see new poles to the market as I know not long after Gardiners will shift the goalposts even further! ;D So, the "new" Phoenix is now "old hat" 8)

However, I will thank you for Wagtails. ;)

Alex Gardiner

« Reply #59 on: April 19, 2013, 07:45:06 pm »
Hi Alex

The new clamps look really good in the video. I have to say though that video isnt for the faint hearted, it must of taken some will power to put a sander on a nice new pole section. What is the overall size like of the new clamps in comparison to the old ones? I've always though that this was one of your big advantages clamps that take up a fraction of the space in comparison to others.

Simon.

Hi Simon

It does go against the grain to purposely wreck a section! However it is not the only section I have wasted in development of these clamps and poles - can't make a cake without....

The overall size of the clamps is very similar and many people would not notice the difference when fitted to the pole. The bodies are 6mm deeper, but now stack more closely thereby actually reducing the stacked size of the clamps compared to the older poles - they are the most compact stacked clamps of any telescopic pole in the world (currently). The clamp body diameter is exactly the same. The lever arm is slightly larger, but is far more ergonomic and even easier to use and less likely to catch.