Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here
Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

Carl@Cwc

Re: Working good friday ?
« Reply #60 on: March 29, 2013, 04:26:08 pm »
just finished not one customer even mentioned it being good friday.

+1 finished a couple of hours ago, no one complained or made a fuss

And us just finished.  Not one said a thing.
It really is all in your head u need to be "wages=windows"
Working tomorrow too.

G Griffin

« Reply #61 on: March 29, 2013, 05:21:47 pm »
Good on you, the workers.
Some seem to think there's still a stigmata attached to working Bank Holidays.
⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐

Fin Clearview

« Reply #62 on: March 29, 2013, 05:24:42 pm »
Just got in - another day another window

Klean07

« Reply #63 on: March 29, 2013, 06:27:15 pm »
I worked untill 2 which just about wraps up another good month! Back to it next month starting on Wednesday!
kkleanwindowcleaning.co.uk

Frankybadboy

« Reply #64 on: March 29, 2013, 06:30:32 pm »
you lot keep working your doing a gran job.each to there own

me myself if i cant afford to have time off on bank hols then something is wrong with my bussiness.

life is to short and that time you lose by working and not spending with the family will not come back

wfp master

« Reply #65 on: March 29, 2013, 06:46:36 pm »

me myself if i cant afford to have time off on bank hols then something is wrong with my bussiness.

life is to short and that time you lose by working and not spending with the family will not come back

ive had plenty time off because of sh*t weather so working today never bothered me. 4 days off last week because of snow.

Fin Clearview

« Reply #66 on: March 29, 2013, 07:07:08 pm »

ive had plenty time off because of sh*t weather so working today never bothered me. 4 days off last week because of snow.

Was going to say exactly the same, bad weather (snow) affects everyone.

Frankybadboy

« Reply #67 on: March 29, 2013, 07:19:50 pm »

well my way would then think,would 1 day /2days make up for what you lost.NO,so hols are hols i enjoy um to much init ;D

i worked 7 days a week and 24hrs aday before and when i got divorecd after 15years i said never would i do the same again.

like i said each to there own

Fin Clearview

« Reply #68 on: March 29, 2013, 07:43:33 pm »

well my way would then think,would 1 day /2days make up for what you lost.NO,so hols are hols i enjoy um to much init ;D

i worked 7 days a week and 24hrs aday before and when i got divorecd after 15years i said never would i do the same again.

like i said each to there own

Tbh I agree, I used to put in even crazier hours than I am right now, and I paid the price too as it got me really down. The only reason I'm doing it now it because I only went WFP last Aug and I need to pay for a couple more things - van sign writing and big RO then I'm gonna be doing exactly the same having precious time with the family.

dazmond

« Reply #69 on: March 29, 2013, 07:48:38 pm »
loads of customers paid  today and i had plenty of cups of coffee made for me.had a good chat with a few.weather was nice and sunny and the cold wind wasnt as strong! ;D ;D ;D

all in all a good days work done even though i worked 11am-430pm and I was a bit slower than normal due to more cars to work around and chats and brews! ;D ;D

ive got a nice easy day now tomorrow to finish off this estate.11 jobs and a fascia clean to do then  8 days off!! :D :D :D

it certainly has been a GOOD FRIDAY!! ;)
price higher/work harder!

deeege

« Reply #70 on: March 29, 2013, 11:07:27 pm »
Planned for the day off but ended up finishing off a couple of jobs I didn't get finished yesterday. Worked 7am - 10am and parked the van up until Tuesday. Have a good weekend everyone. :)
"....and it's lend me ten pounds, I'll buy you a drink, and mother wake me early in the morning."

Frankybadboy

« Reply #71 on: March 30, 2013, 06:17:39 am »
 what good fridays are all about time to enjoy

i am in the black and white on the front ;D ;D ;D

picture of yesterdays race,120 riders finshed in the top 30 @castle combe
http://www.grahamrobins.net/photos/Castle%20Combe%20Easter%20Classic%20%202013/403.JPG.php

Mike #1

« Reply #72 on: March 30, 2013, 06:58:08 am »
Nice one Franky i canvassed a new estate yesterday only 10 houses been built so far got 3 out of 10 so far going back today . Mike

deeege

« Reply #73 on: March 30, 2013, 07:25:05 am »
what good fridays are all about time to enjoy

i am in the black and white on the front ;D ;D ;D

picture of yesterdays race,120 riders finshed in the top 30 @castle combe
http://www.grahamrobins.net/photos/Castle%20Combe%20Easter%20Classic%20%202013/403.JPG.php

Cracking pic that franky and well done on finishing top 30 :)
"....and it's lend me ten pounds, I'll buy you a drink, and mother wake me early in the morning."

AuRavelling79

« Reply #74 on: March 30, 2013, 08:58:43 am »
I don't work bank hols. Not a rule but a guideline.

Yesterday I broke the guideline due to numptiness the day before and had to do an hours work:- Let me explain - (Must you? Yes.)

Thursday was a numpty day.

1. Dan the Man leaves my Extreme 35 at the back of a house 8 miles back, so we lose 45 minutes retrieving it. (Phew it was there!)

2. Doing the above meant I was in a rush and forgot to do the back of a house in a terrace where I finish off the back a few houses after doing the front. She had paid at the front and rang Good Friday a.m. to tell me I'd forgotten. So I went out and did those three windows - took five minutes work and about ten minutes driving - irritating but hey.

3. Last call on Thursday was a Nursery school and I reversed into a metal post that is there for no good reason except for me to hit my van against! I loosened it a bit and the nursery owner prolly had her beady eye on me pulling in and patronisingly tells me it's my responsibility to put right. (Disgraceful, I didn't even have a chance to think about driving away nonchalantly.  ;D)

So I went back yesterday a.m. before going out to (2.) above and drove a wooden wedge into the ground to keep it upright. I was going to put a bit of cement in the top as a "fillip" but:-

4. The bag of cement I had in a black bin liner turned out to be a gone off bag of plaster. Joy! So I just put a bit of sand in and ground the dirt and weeds back in on top!

It's a game of three halves!

dazmond

« Reply #75 on: March 30, 2013, 09:10:20 am »
GOLD are you sure you havent been trying to work as fast as GROUNDHOG on his video!! ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D

sounds like your trying to work TOO FAST!!!!

SLOW DOWN TO SPEED UP DUDE!!!! ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D

best wishes

dazmond
price higher/work harder!

Klean07

« Reply #76 on: March 30, 2013, 10:41:24 am »

If it hadn't of been for heavy snow here last weekend then I wouldn't have had to work yesterday. Had to have Monday off because it was almost impossible to work! So for me to go yesterday instead of last Monday wasn't a problem!

Ps Theres only 3 S'S in the word business! ;D

AuRavelling79

« Reply #77 on: March 30, 2013, 11:11:23 am »

If it hadn't of been for heavy snow here last weekend then I wouldn't have had to work yesterday. Had to have Monday off because it was almost impossible to work! So for me to go yesterday instead of last Monday wasn't a problem!

Ps There's only 3 S'S in the word business! ;D

Rule 1 of the spelling Nazi - get it right yourself! Note above red highlighted examples of wrong words/missing apostrophe's.  ;D
It's a game of three halves!

Carl@Cwc

« Reply #78 on: March 30, 2013, 09:55:57 pm »
Worked Friday and today.
I'm thinking to switch a day in the week to Saturday as loads more custies are in= pay on day = no collecting or Bacs etc etc.
Picked up 1 new custie who would not of seen us except a Saturday .

Working Monday on commercials and first cleans etc ...
Am I desperate ? Yep I'm in process of a sticky seperation that will cost me £100k until 16years time... ,... Do what ever YOU must not what everyone else does and you will grow

Klean07

« Reply #79 on: March 31, 2013, 12:27:09 pm »

Ps There's only 3 S'S in the word business! ;D

Rule 1 of the spelling Nazi - get it right yourself! Note above red highlighted examples of wrong words/missing apostrophe's.  ;D
It doh marra cus Iom from the Black country! ;D