Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here
Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

Craigp

Re: Mytee quadvac ETM now available from woodbridge
« Reply #1 on: February 02, 2013, 09:13:10 pm »
Will you not have problems with tripping peoples electric?

I could see it being a real pain.

Otherwise good idea

Shaun_Ashmore

« Reply #2 on: February 02, 2013, 09:27:10 pm »
I'm I reading correctly is it 2 cables to work it?

Apparently there may be another one coming out in march from another supplier.

I do think this is the next evolution of porti to tm.

Shaun

Paul Moss

« Reply #3 on: February 02, 2013, 09:43:33 pm »
325 cfm and a 2500 psi pump.

The wand looks interesting though.

john martin

« Reply #5 on: February 02, 2013, 10:15:27 pm »
I'm I reading correctly is it 2 cables to work it?

Apparently there may be another one coming out in march from another supplier.

I do think this is the next evolution of porti to tm.

Shaun

Interesting Shaun !   Alltec or Ashbys i'd guess ...  or perhaps even solutions !

The spec detail is likely copied from the American spec sheet  ,  just dont know if they had to change any specs for UK ,  to meet electrical standards .
In America some modern homes have 230v sockets fitted in utility rooms to run cloths dryers ...  so they use those to run it on two cords as multiple cords would be needed on the regular 120v sockets around the rest of the house .

Looks like Mytee are making a series effort to enter the UK market at last ... many of the better mytee portables were not available here ...

Shaun_Ashmore

« Reply #6 on: February 02, 2013, 10:15:43 pm »
That's the Bentley wand Paul it reminds me a bit of the bane clene wand but much better made.

IMO though I think they've got the pricing of the machine wrong by about £1000, again IMO £3995 sells it to upgraders to people wanting to downgrade (sorry couldn't think of another word)

Shaun

Shaun_Ashmore

« Reply #7 on: February 02, 2013, 10:21:41 pm »
Mytee have some lovely innovative products, if I remember correctly John at Woodbridge did work for them years ago.

Shaun

Luc

« Reply #8 on: February 03, 2013, 08:32:22 am »
I had a look and a play with this last week when I popped in woodbridge. Its a really powerful machine and was very impressed by it. The suction was immense tbh and down 100ft of hose was easily matching a small tm.Woodbridge have  added a gas burner to it for instant heat and were having a play to get it right. All the motors had easy access to change or fix and the machine was tiny compared to a Tm. The machine also had an auto waste pump built. Only things I did not like was they had not set up a fresh water tank option( another pump in pump to feed tbe machine) due to the already huge amps being pulled of the 2 plugs and I thought the chemical flow system was a bit naff. If they get that sorted iI can defo see a future for this machine and the savings in fuel would be huge. Im not that struck on having to run all the hoses plus 2 electric cables into peoples house tbh but for for cost of fbe machine I could easily get used to it.

Paul Moss

« Reply #9 on: February 03, 2013, 09:03:30 am »
Or they could just copy a Bane  ;D

Simon Gerrard

« Reply #10 on: February 03, 2013, 09:37:27 am »
When I think of all the different applications and variety of properties we do with our TM,  this kind of thing just wouldn't fit the bill. The main purpose of a TM is to allow you to take on any job, regardless of where it is or what it is and even with 4 vac motors you're going to struggle on certain jobs. Plus using that much of a customers electricity could be a problem. The cost of running even a Titan 875 is less than 4% of the job and considering the amount of cleaning it can do, that's peanuts in relationship to how much it earns.
If you were doing just domestics with this ETM then it may have its advantages but I doubt anyone with a proper TM would be going electric.

Simon

Mike Halliday

« Reply #11 on: February 03, 2013, 09:41:53 am »
Ihey could copy the heating system of the bane, i don't know why other truckmount builder don,t utilise the van radiator system, even as a booster it would really boost the temp.

I would be interested in the gas water heater they are going to use, Luc do you know what make it was?

Mike Halliday.  www.henryhalliday.co.uk

Luc

« Reply #12 on: February 03, 2013, 09:59:36 am »
Mike, I dont have no idea what make the gas burner was as it was kinda all stripped down and was kinda put together all make shift like in woodbridges workshop. I know that it was recirculating into the etms built in tank and it was quite a small looking burner tbh. The heat was good tho.woodbridge were going to fit it into a van anytime soon when I was last there. As I said I think they were trying to get it all up and running and just sorting out some teething problems.
I still dont think it can ever replace a Tm tbh in many areas but I have said to woodbridge i would take it out for a days work with them to see how it coped.
Luc

Paul Moss

« Reply #13 on: February 03, 2013, 10:26:18 am »
What dont understand is that this machine has not been fully tested and in its early stages, then why have they got it up for sale. ???

Shaun_Ashmore

« Reply #14 on: February 03, 2013, 10:35:53 am »
To save on electric draw I'd have put a smaller pump on it or at least had it set up so it could draw from a clean tank it does look impressive though but it looks at this moment in time it needs tweaks as it needs a faster set up too much faf ATM.

Shaun

« Reply #15 on: February 03, 2013, 10:52:59 am »
Could the ETM be run from a in van generator I wonder?

AshWhite

« Reply #16 on: February 03, 2013, 11:26:41 am »
Could the ETM be run from a in van generator I wonder?

If you're going to go down that route (you'd need a decent sized generator) then you might as well just have a proper TM and be done with it.
Carpet Cleaning http://www.floors2show.co.uk
Google Adwords Management http://www.pagecrest.co.uk

Shaun_Ashmore

« Reply #17 on: February 03, 2013, 11:45:49 am »
I'd agree for 2 reasons

1. Cost
2. Space

Although there could be the argument that if anything goes wrong you could always plug in to mains electric, I always find that it's engine related when it goes Pete tong.

Shaun

john martin

« Reply #18 on: February 03, 2013, 12:16:28 pm »
What dont understand is that this machine has not been fully tested and in its early stages, then why have they got it up for sale. ???

Thats something i kinda admire about Mytee  ,  Development is constant and in conjunction with the user , suggestions are listened to and implemented .
There is a thread on TMF at the moment where a real CC is testing the ETM and the T-rex in the field and giviing feedback .

From what i'v read many heating options are been looked at and tested including banes engine heat exchanger storage tank   ,  they have also tried a high tech 'alternator ' type generator to run the machine where cords are not practical and also utilize the circulated engine heat for water then boosted by a small electric heater .

Shaun_Ashmore

« Reply #19 on: February 03, 2013, 12:21:02 pm »
I suppose the heat from the radiator ala bane but also they could harness the perfect heat system like steambrite and powrflite, I'd love to see one in action for the work I do it could be the next option but I love my pro mount it's so easy to use and work on.

Shaun