Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here
Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

m.gabi2007

How is the work?
« on: January 23, 2013, 09:58:19 am »
How is the work for you guys? Busy times? Last year on this period been very busy...now not that much...

Phil @ Extreme Clean

Re: How is the work?
« Reply #1 on: January 23, 2013, 12:59:09 pm »
DEAD  :(
Extreme Clean
Carpets to DRY For!!!!!

www.bookaquote.co.uk

davep

« Reply #2 on: January 23, 2013, 01:09:50 pm »
Not bad for snow-jan average 12 jobs a week

All carpets no suites

Few commercials.

Phil @ Extreme Clean

« Reply #3 on: January 23, 2013, 01:33:36 pm »
12 jobs a week i'd be happy with 5 had 2 jobs all month and nothing booked in at all  :'(
Extreme Clean
Carpets to DRY For!!!!!

www.bookaquote.co.uk

Steve Barnett (Carpet Care Plus)

« Reply #4 on: January 23, 2013, 01:46:00 pm »
I haven't worked this week other than cleaning a few rugs at home. Hoping to get out Friday but it's snowing again today.

It's not worth the risk to smash my van up just for a few quid, by next week the snow will be a memory.

* A word of warning - my equipment has been in the house since the weekend and the machine was in a large understairs cupboard off of the lounge, the lounge has been nice and toasty all week. I started the machine up today and the pump had froze !! Fortunately I managed to thaw it out and no damage has been done.

Richard Cole

« Reply #5 on: January 23, 2013, 01:47:03 pm »
Been fairly booked for first 2 weeks but been snowed in since last Friday had to cancel a job and re-schedule it twice now, hopefully 3rd time lucky for tomorrow. Took another booking today from my google adwords which is ticking over quite nicely now and has so far brought in around £600 this month not bad for £20 expense :)  Only got one carpet cleaning job next week so far but have a two day wood sand and finish job booked for end of week which should be a nice little earner to top up a modest month for me,  being only me third Jan I am pretty please at the amount of work I have had this month compared to previous years.
former carpet cleaner, now retired!

Richard Cole

« Reply #6 on: January 23, 2013, 01:49:50 pm »

* A word of warning - my equipment has been in the house since the weekend and the machine was in a large understairs cupboard off of the lounge, the lounge has been nice and toasty all week. I started the machine up today and the pump had froze !! Fortunately I managed to thaw it out and no damage has been done.

How did it manage to freeze in the house, have you not heard of central heating Steve :)  glad you managed to get it thawed out though.  Mines in the back of the van with an oil heater for company, not dropped below 5 degrees's, not looking forward to electric bill though :o
former carpet cleaner, now retired!

carpet_care

« Reply #7 on: January 23, 2013, 03:33:14 pm »
How did it get below freezing in the house :o My transit van goes in our garage every night without a heater and its never got below freezing in the garage ???

wynne jones

« Reply #8 on: January 23, 2013, 03:43:11 pm »
It can freeze quickly on the way to your first job in the back.
It's not expensive, you just can't afford it.

Doug Holloway

« Reply #9 on: January 23, 2013, 03:56:12 pm »
Hi Guys

Until this time last week I was on schedule for a really good Jan, unfortunately predicted and and then actual snow have slowed things down, but no point in worrying about things you can't do anything about.

Cheers

Doug

gwrightson

« Reply #10 on: January 23, 2013, 04:07:10 pm »
been working every day since new year, including the days between xmas and new year

Just booked in 1,000 sq yard carpet , so cant complain !!

to be fair it is the best January o had since starting c/c/

Geoff
who ever said dont knock before u try ,i never tried dog crap but i know i wouldnt like  haha

M.Acorn

« Reply #11 on: January 23, 2013, 04:48:17 pm »
Plenty of enquiry, not many bookings, thankfully have a large com job booked sat,end of this month and beginning of next looking ok .
Not worked out what I am telling the inland rev yet, they want over 5 grand from me and I have nothing for them, just keeping my head above water,and used what i had put by for them to survive.Oh dear
What goes around comes around

wynne jones

« Reply #12 on: January 23, 2013, 05:03:12 pm »
Plenty of enquiry, not many bookings, thankfully have a large com job booked sat,end of this month and beginning of next looking ok .
Not worked out what I am telling the inland rev yet, they want over 5 grand from me and I have nothing for them, just keeping my head above water,and used what i had put by for them to survive.Oh dear

Doesn't matter what you tell 'em Mark they will still want their money on time. Penalties and interest for you, but at least they don't break your arms.
It's not expensive, you just can't afford it.

andy east sussex

« Reply #13 on: January 23, 2013, 05:17:50 pm »
for last few years beging of jan was dead but this year start was fantastic now 2nd half dead so annoying but just means more time to do more advitising as i think its just people spent out on xmasetc so once pay day has come should pickup again

Carpet2Clean

« Reply #14 on: January 23, 2013, 05:18:49 pm »
January been better this year for use...Last January was died.

Getting about 2/3 calls a day.

Going to have a better Birthday (end of the month) this year...

Richard

Deep Cleaning Solutions

« Reply #15 on: January 23, 2013, 05:21:50 pm »
Load of sheite here, but it's always like this when it snows, glad i had an amazing December, make hay and all that.
David.
Owner of Deep Cleaning Solutions.
Expert in Web Design & SEO
www.rocketwebsitedesigners.co.uk

carpet_care

« Reply #16 on: January 23, 2013, 05:41:02 pm »
Mark i was in the same predicament a couple of years ago i had an unexpected one in Jan of 6K and i didnt have anywhere near that in my account but i explained this to them and they let me pay about 600 a month in arrears until i caught up.

when i did get back in credit i set up a direct debit and now always pay a monthly set amount so i dont get another nasty surprise.

Hope this helps Andy Locke.

The Great One

« Reply #17 on: January 24, 2013, 10:08:32 am »

Hi Mark

This has happened a few times and they don't like it, they see it as them loaning you money, last time I had someone from the tax office on the phone I had a rant that it actually in their favour to be owed the money as they charge interest and if they were owed just £200 interest per person and they had a million self employed people owing that on average then they'd make £200 million just in interest charges!

Their advice was to take a bank loan to pay them, to which my reply was great but what happens next year if I owe you again and I'll be paying back the bank for the next three years!

Most of them have no concept of self employment and what happens if things do go quiet and you need to pay those stupid things like mortgage, food and other bills just to survive

Rant over

Martin 8)

M.Acorn

« Reply #18 on: January 24, 2013, 10:43:32 am »
Yeah have been in this position a few years back and they spoke to me like I owed the person on the phone the money personally, put the phone down on them and called back once I had calmed down.
They made me pay them £500 a month to clear it off.
Had over a grand rebate last year, but I live on my own in this house now,so all my living expenses have doubled.
Going to call them next week, will have to go into my o/d and pay them a grand at least and will do all I can to clear it quickly.
But I am not stressing too much about it, sure there are many others in my position this Jan 31st
What goes around comes around

Phil @ Extreme Clean

« Reply #19 on: January 24, 2013, 11:02:46 am »
thats the only good thing with not earning enough lol no tax man banging on the door  ;D
Extreme Clean
Carpets to DRY For!!!!!

www.bookaquote.co.uk