This is an advertisement
Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here

Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

G Griffin

Re: ionics poles
« Reply #20 on: January 08, 2013, 02:30:21 pm »
They might have put on a few grams over Chrimbo. 
Come on, lighten up.........lighten up, get it?
⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐

Alex Gardiner

« Reply #21 on: January 08, 2013, 02:31:12 pm »
They might have put on a few grams over Chrimbo. 
Come on, lighten up.........lighten up, get it?

:)

Stephen Fox

« Reply #22 on: January 08, 2013, 02:54:45 pm »
Alex, our pole weights are with out adapter and base cap, as these attachments can/will be changed. I imagine you weigh yours without them and ours with? According to our scales, what we've published is pretty much what they are, with a variance on manufacture.

Weights are really just to give an idea of the pole, it all changes when brushes/hose/aquadapter are added for actual work. Anyone and everyone I've spoken to who holds a SLX18 and a Phoenix 18, for example, say they weigh the same.

Our 'equivalent' poles maybe a slight bit heavier (in grams, yet to confirm this) as we have, I believe, more carbon on the pole due to  slightly thicker tube diameter than the SLX. This gives more rigidity to the Phoenix X over SLX as you have seen.

Glad to see you are a good customer of Facelift! How are you getting on?

Stephen Fox

« Reply #23 on: January 08, 2013, 03:05:46 pm »
Also, as far as I'm aware you don't have an equivalent to a UL26?

Comparing it to an SLX25, as you tried in your video, is a very inaccurate comparison. The UL26 is a pole in it's own class. You would be better comparing it the new Phoenix 25 X.

Nathanael Jones

« Reply #24 on: January 08, 2013, 03:19:15 pm »
I reckon your scales might be inaccurate - so in order to bring this matter to an amicable conclusion I will offer my services.

My mrs has a set of pharmaceutical lab scales which have a 7.5kg capacity and are accurate to 0.1g (No, she's not a dealer,.. she makes soap!) which would be perfect for accurately weighing poles.

So my suggestion would be: each of you nominate one of the others poles which you think is furthest from its advertised weight, you each post over the nominated poles to me & I'll video them being weighed. The looser (The one who's pole is furthest from its advertised weight) forfeits the pole, and only the winners pole gets returned - - - sound fair??

Alex Gardiner

« Reply #25 on: January 08, 2013, 03:20:52 pm »
Alex, our pole weights are with out adapter and base cap, as these attachments can/will be changed. I imagine you weigh yours without them and ours with? According to our scales, what we've published is pretty much what they are, with a variance on manufacture.

Weights are really just to give an idea of the pole, it all changes when brushes/hose/aquadapter are added for actual work. Anyone and everyone I've spoken to who holds a SLX18 and a Phoenix 18, for example, say they weigh the same.

Our 'equivalent' poles maybe a slight bit heavier (in grams, yet to confirm this) as we have, I believe, more carbon on the pole due to  slightly thicker tube diameter than the SLX. This gives more rigidity to the Phoenix X over SLX as you have seen.

Glad to see you are a good customer of Facelift! How are you getting on?

This may explain your differences as we weigh all poles with top goose-neck connector and end-cap in place as most users will use the poles with these items fitted.

Personally I have not seen any increase in rigidity based on my like for like tests with new pole against new pole, both fully extended.

I think I must be your best customer so far!

Stephen Fox

« Reply #26 on: January 08, 2013, 03:21:05 pm »
Haha! That does sound like a good idea.

Nat, you may get a phonecall!

Alex Gardiner

« Reply #27 on: January 08, 2013, 03:22:25 pm »
Also, as far as I'm aware you don't have an equivalent to a UL26?

Comparing it to an SLX25, as you tried in your video, is a very inaccurate comparison. The UL26 is a pole in it's own class. You would be better comparing it the new Phoenix 25 X.

We will certainly be doing a like for like comparison - we can only buy and test what is on the market at the time as with any competitor. This type of testing and industry knowledge is invaluable when it comes to product knowledge and development.

Alex Gardiner

« Reply #28 on: January 08, 2013, 03:24:26 pm »
I reckon your scales might be inaccurate - so in order to bring this matter to an amicable conclusion I will offer my services.

My mrs has a set of pharmaceutical lab scales which have a 7.5kg capacity and are accurate to 0.1g (No, she's not a dealer,.. she makes soap!) which would be perfect for accurately weighing poles.

So my suggestion would be: each of you nominate one of the others poles which you think is furthest from its advertised weight, you each post over the nominated poles to me & I'll video them being weighed. The looser (The one who's pole is furthest from its advertised weight) forfeits the pole, and only the winners pole gets returned - - - sound fair??

Good offer Nat - although I think that Stephen & I have found the reason for the discrepancy in that the Facelift poles are weighed by Stephen without top connector or base cap fitted whereas we weigh all poles with these items fitted. This alone can make up to 50/60g difference.

Halfadaylee

« Reply #29 on: January 08, 2013, 03:29:43 pm »

Good offer Nat - although I think that Stephen & I have found the reason for the discrepancy in that the Facelift poles are weighed by Stephen without top connector or base cap fitted whereas we weigh all poles with these items fitted. This alone can make up to 50/60g difference.

I always work without a base cap and no top connector. its lighter and I am less tired and the end of the day.
I find the brush head being held on by the pole hose floppy but fun.
Art

Stephen Fox

« Reply #30 on: January 08, 2013, 03:32:51 pm »

I always work without a base cap and no top connector. its lighter and I am less tired and the end of the day.
I find the brush head being held on by the pole hose floppy but fun.
Art

;D

Stephen Fox

« Reply #31 on: January 08, 2013, 03:38:59 pm »
Main reason for not including the top connector is it can be removed and another attachment used in it's place (carbon goose-neck, UL section, etc) so obviously the weight would be different depending on what you use.

keyser soze

« Reply #32 on: January 08, 2013, 06:18:37 pm »
so only a couple like the ionics then... lol thanks for the input guys especially alex and stephen  ;)

PoleKing

« Reply #33 on: January 08, 2013, 06:53:32 pm »
Be interesting to see how many have used both Ionic and Gardiner.
Can't make a proper comparison until both have been used IMO.
I've not used a Gardiner personally, will have to try one.
www.LanesWindowCleaning.com

It's just the internet. Try not to worry.

Mike @ Facelift

« Reply #34 on: January 08, 2013, 06:58:41 pm »
Try a Phoenix, It has sold well.... Even Alex G has bought a few!!

PoleKing

« Reply #35 on: January 08, 2013, 07:20:12 pm »
How much are your 80ft?
Weight and diameter? Collapsed length?

keyser soze

« Reply #36 on: January 08, 2013, 07:28:41 pm »
at 80 ft you would have to get the gardiner extreme...  you can have a look at gardinerpolesystems is a brill pole but at that height it would be expensive . but you are looking at what many experts would say is the best pole on the planet..(arguebly)... my next pole without a doubt

PoleKing

« Reply #37 on: January 08, 2013, 07:46:06 pm »
£500 cheaper than Ionic. Only 3 feet shorter.
What is the HS extension like?
Kind of like the idea of extensions and kind of don't...
Phoenix looks good-except the brush head on the site-jost mo but it looks amateur compared to the pole.
Tbh I'm not looking to buy for a few months anyway so plenty of time for research.
Or a sale (Alex  ;))

Mike @ Facelift

« Reply #38 on: January 08, 2013, 08:06:19 pm »
what many experts would say is the best pole on the planet..

Who are the experts?

CleanClear

« Reply #39 on: January 08, 2013, 09:06:26 pm »
what many experts would say is the best pole on the planet..

Who are the experts?

Anyone who cleans at 80 foot i reckon !  ;D
*Status*--------Currently Online---------