This is an advertisement
Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here

Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

keyser soze

ionics poles
« on: January 06, 2013, 11:40:21 pm »
i know most guys on this site prefer the gardiner range of poles and the phoenix looks a pretty good choice for some, but hardly anyone raves about the ionic range , what would the reason be for that? . i had  a grafter plus which i didnt like but the glyder looks ok . but never gets a mention .. any thoughts .. btw i'm a gardiner man myself after great advice from all the gods on here..

poleman

Re: ionics poles
« Reply #1 on: January 07, 2013, 12:16:51 am »
For me its about the weight of the pole! and gardener poles are the lightest on the market!

Unless someone can tell me different  ???

Gav Camm lammy 283

« Reply #2 on: January 07, 2013, 12:23:25 am »
i know most guys on this site prefer the gardiner range of poles and the phoenix looks a pretty good choice for some, but hardly anyone raves about the ionic range , what would the reason be for that? . i had  a grafter plus which i didnt like but the glyder looks ok . but never gets a mention .. any thoughts .. btw i'm a gardiner man myself after great advice from all the gods on here..

What size is the grafter ???
You looking to sell ???
LET YOUR PANES BE MY PLEASURE

"If CALSBERG did WINDOW CLEANING
 it would be C.C.C  Probably the best WINDOW CLEANERS IN THE WORLD ..........."

keyser soze

« Reply #3 on: January 07, 2013, 12:43:52 am »
it was a 32 ft but i reduced it to a 18 ft and now use it mainly for single storey windows .it does the job , its worn to much for me to sell it.  i wouldn't be happy to let anyone have it .. massive mprovement my 30ft slx has proven to be.. i love it

jamie bennett

« Reply #4 on: January 07, 2013, 07:56:18 am »
All my poles are ionics i have yhe old ergolite 45 which is heavy as hell, the glyder and grafter plus they are all really well used and to be honest i do like them, but with the amount of raves about the Gardiner range i am looking into a possible change, another cleaner used to have just ionic poles but has since changed all tio Gardiner poles the only down side he mentions is that he findes the bristles on the gardiner brush head softer than the ionic as he perferred the ionic brush head. Not sure if thats correct or not

gavinb

« Reply #5 on: January 07, 2013, 08:01:20 am »
The only 2 poles I have used is a fiberglass extel pole and an ioinics grafter 32 .
Ionics is a nice pole to use I use it all the time and fits in the back of my car easily .

R.C Property

« Reply #6 on: January 07, 2013, 08:55:59 am »
For me its about the weight of the pole! and gardener poles are the lightest on the market!

Some of the facelift poles work out lighter than the gardiner poles

♠Winp®oClean♠

« Reply #7 on: January 07, 2013, 02:23:29 pm »

Not the Xtremes they don't!  no where close! ;)

keyser soze

« Reply #8 on: January 07, 2013, 06:52:41 pm »
i didnt want it to be gardiner v phoenix again .  just opinions on ionics poles tbh.... or doesnt anyone buy them these days

robert mitchell

« Reply #9 on: January 07, 2013, 06:58:31 pm »
Ionics = heavy and bendy but there customer service and systems are very good .

My clx is a revelation compared to my grafter .
www.ishinewindowcleaning.co.uk

The man who never made a mistake never made anything.

PoleKing

« Reply #10 on: January 07, 2013, 07:43:25 pm »
I only use Ionics.
The 'old' grafter is crap. Paint comes off after about a day.
The new one is much more like the rest of the range-more carbon than glass.
I actually ordered a new 17ft this afternoon.
The 30ft glyder is cracking once you araldyte the clamps on-the glue they use in the factory is crap.
After you get used to it-12 hours on the 45ft swift will hardly break a sweat.
There's no way round it though-the 80ft is heavy. And wrecks you. Not used any other brands at this height so can't compare.
Not an Ionic v Gardiner post but a lad here has just bought a Gardiner, we liked it-he was much quicker with it. Just waiting to see how it lasts.
It would have to be something pretty special to convert me from Ionic but time will tell.
www.LanesWindowCleaning.com

It's just the internet. Try not to worry.

R.C Property

« Reply #11 on: January 07, 2013, 08:31:30 pm »

Did say some! Lol

Alex Gardiner

« Reply #12 on: January 07, 2013, 08:34:34 pm »

Did say some! Lol

Whilst the 'quoted weights' of some of the Facelift poles may seem lighter than the Gardiner poles in reality when placed on a scales next to each other they are not!

R.C Property

« Reply #13 on: January 07, 2013, 08:40:23 pm »

Unless someone can tell me different  ???

Not the Xtremes they don't!  no where close! ;)

Did say some! Lol

Whilst the 'quoted weights' of some of the Facelift poles may seem lighter than the Gardiner poles in reality when placed on a scales next to each other they are not!

So are you saying that they are lying on there weights of there poles?
Or are you putting wrong weights on your website??

Alex Gardiner

« Reply #14 on: January 07, 2013, 08:47:07 pm »

Did say some! Lol

I am saying that their published weights do not match the weight of the actual poles being sent out. They may well not have gotten around to amending their published weights. I did notice that Stephen Fox in a recent post referred to one of his poles that has a published weight of just 1.3kg as being about 1.4kg so maybe he is aware of these discrepancies and has not gotten around to changing it yet with all of his re-sellers.

When this discussion was had a couple of months ago I noticed upon careful re-weighing of our pole range that a couple of our poles had inaccurately posted weights (mistakes can happen) so I immediately made changes so that the weights that customers look at are as accurate (manufacturing tolerances permitting) as can be. It did also work the other way that upon weighing and measuring our poles some of them were lighter and some were longer than previously published.

R.C Property

« Reply #15 on: January 07, 2013, 08:59:22 pm »

Did say some! Lol

I am saying that their published weights do not match the weight of the actual poles being sent out. They may well not have gotten around to amending their published weights. I did notice that Stephen Fox in a recent post referred to one of his poles that has a published weight of just 1.3kg as being about 1.4kg so maybe he is aware of these discrepancies and has not gotten around to changing it yet with all of his re-sellers.

When this discussion was had a couple of months ago I noticed upon careful re-weighing of our pole range that a couple of our poles had inaccurately posted weights (mistakes can happen) so I immediately made changes so that the weights that customers look at are as accurate (manufacturing tolerances permitting) as can be. It did also work the other way that upon weighing and measuring our poles some of them were lighter and some were longer than previously published.

I would expect some diffrence in listed weight to actual weights due to manufacturing etc.
I'll have to see and check when I get my facelift poles end of the month

PoleKing

« Reply #16 on: January 07, 2013, 09:47:16 pm »
It's not just about weight for me.
If a pole is a few grams lighter but more delicate I'd prefer something a bit more robust.
Snapped an old blue fibreglass pole about 8 years ago trying to get it up.
Also, some poles have places where you can clamp-strengthened inside but only every 500mm or so. Having not used a pole like that (but know they're about) I can't comment from experience but wouldn't they wear at clamp points and need replacing sooner?
And (a bit more unlikely) but you could be restricted if standing in a confined space to clean.
Just MO
www.LanesWindowCleaning.com

It's just the internet. Try not to worry.

R.C Property

« Reply #17 on: January 07, 2013, 10:22:38 pm »

And (a bit more unlikely) but you could be restricted if standing in a confined space to clean.
Just MO

That's why I have a 2ft-4ft wfp in the van! Ready for those small spaced jobs, or if I just want to use that on a bungalow if i feel lazy! Lol

Stephen Fox

« Reply #18 on: January 08, 2013, 01:16:03 pm »

Alex,

This is not true at all. On looking at your previous weights none of them are lighter. In fact, all the SLX's (bar one that stayed the same) are heavier than you previously published, one in fact was a whooping 150g heavier than stated.

I'm pretty confident not one of the Facelift Phoenix poles have that much of a 'mistake' in the published weights with manufacturing tolerances allowed.

Alex Gardiner

« Reply #19 on: January 08, 2013, 02:24:32 pm »

Alex,

This is not true at all. On looking at your previous weights none of them are lighter. In fact, all the SLX's (bar one that stayed the same) are heavier than you previously published, one in fact was a whooping 150g heavier than stated.

I'm pretty confident not one of the Facelift Phoenix poles have that much of a 'mistake' in the published weights with manufacturing tolerances allowed.

Once again we are discussing this same issue on yet another forum (ironically under the tag of Ionics poles!) - your 26ftUL Phoenix was originally advertised as 1.3kg and yet weighs 1.45kg (bare with no hose or brush or gooseneck)  this is a 150g discrepancy. I have just checked and this published weight has recently been changed to 1400g on Facelift's website which means the discrepancy is a lot less now at only 50g - good to see that you have now changed this in light of almost identical 'conversations' on other forums.

When any discrepancies were noted by myself on the published weights of our pole range I immediately rectified this. We did have a glaring error on the published weight on the SLX22 which for some reason was way off, this was pointed out a couple of months ago and I immediately changed it - this was not just a manufacturing tolerance error but a publishing error and was 150g off true weight.

One or two of the larger size poles were fractionally lighter and fractionally longer than advertised - but we have left the published weights and lengths as they are as this may simply be a batch variance. We figure that no one will complain about a pole that is 1cm longer extended than published.

I have just gone out and weighed your poles (the CarbonX, 18, 22 & 26UL) again on the same scales that I weighed our poles on and none of them are lighter than our equivalent poles and none of them match their current published weights - so in answer to Richard's original post about weights the Facelift poles are not lighter than the Gardiner range - at least the carbon ones I have are not - the others I have yet to verify for myself, but will be doing so in due course.