This is an advertisement
Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here

Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

Jack Harris

Under Cutting
« on: January 02, 2013, 06:30:13 pm »
1st day back at work to find out a group of 3 traditional cleaners have been going round my work and under cutting me, a house worth £10 there doing for £4, must be desperate for the work

Window Washers

Re: Under Cutting
« Reply #1 on: January 02, 2013, 06:37:54 pm »
1st day back at work to find out a group of 3 traditional cleaners have been going round my work and under cutting me, a house worth £10 there doing for £4, must be desperate for the work
the good thing is they will be full up soon with crap work running around like headless chickens, I would laugh at them and carry on doing what your doing ;D
If your not willing to learn, No one can help you, If you are determined to learn, No one can stop you ;)

PurefectWindowCleaning

« Reply #2 on: January 02, 2013, 06:45:46 pm »
Some chumps flyered the houses on my road trying to undercut me... safe to say they wont be doing that again.

Halfadaylee

« Reply #3 on: January 02, 2013, 06:49:11 pm »
Some chumps flyered the houses on my road trying to undercut me... safe to say they wont be doing that again.

Why's that then?

PurefectWindowCleaning

« Reply #4 on: January 02, 2013, 06:55:09 pm »

Why's that then?

Scared them a little bit, thats all.

gewindows

« Reply #5 on: January 02, 2013, 06:58:24 pm »
lol did you growl at them through your wind-screen, start clawing at the glass and dribbling at them? Did they run away  ;D

steven ainger

« Reply #6 on: January 02, 2013, 07:02:17 pm »

[/quote]

Scared them a little bit, thats all.
[/quote]

Are you that ugly ?? ;D

PAUL ERITH

« Reply #7 on: January 02, 2013, 07:12:11 pm »
What do you class as under cutting  ???

Going in with a lower price when you already know what their current cleaner is charging

Would you under cut a cleaner if you knew that one cleaner was charging £100 for a job and you could still turn a good profit at £85 ???

I don't see what the problem is its business isn't it alot of the bigger cleaning companys don't care about whos toes they tread on so why should we.

Paul

Halfadaylee

« Reply #8 on: January 02, 2013, 07:15:02 pm »
[quote  author=Halfadaylee link=topic=163469.msg1365011#msg1365011 date=1357152551]

I was scared to ask :-)

roundbuilder

« Reply #9 on: January 02, 2013, 07:24:03 pm »
If i was a new starter then my initial way of thinking would be to undercut the competition to gain as much work as possible. In fact when i first started i used to undercut everybody i could as had a family to feed and needed the work as was in a hole with debt and worry as couldnt get work.. I still have a lot of the work from day 1 but over the years crept the prices up and are now all in synch.

However now i wouldnt even consider undercutting as 1 i charge too high as it is and wouldnt have mixed prices accross the rounds and 2, i dont like customers who change just to save a quid or 2 a month if they cancal to an under cutter then good ridence.

paul saunders

« Reply #10 on: January 02, 2013, 07:33:30 pm »
i dont like customers who change just to save a quid or 2 a month

You liked them when they switched to you to save a couple of quid a month.  :o :o
I can remember when waking up stiff in the morning was a good thing.

max a

« Reply #11 on: January 02, 2013, 07:36:50 pm »
well said . paul

roundbuilder

« Reply #12 on: January 02, 2013, 07:41:34 pm »
i dont like customers who change just to save a quid or 2 a month

You liked them when they switched to you to save a couple of quid a month.  :o :o

Yes hence being a newbie and not knowing the crack like i said now i wouldnt consider undercutting. Im not in a position where i need to undercut.
Not being funny though but business is all about competition and price wars so i dont know why the dig at me just for being honest??.

paul saunders

« Reply #13 on: January 02, 2013, 07:52:53 pm »
It wasn't a dig, it was just an observation.  ;D
I can remember when waking up stiff in the morning was a good thing.

roundbuilder

« Reply #14 on: January 02, 2013, 07:56:52 pm »
Im honest thats all. Im sure if you and many on here are honest we all have at some point undercut.

You goto tesco every week and have done for the past 25 years being a loyal customer but find out you can save 25% for exactly the same food by switching to asda, without a shadow of a doubt you would goto asda.

Richard iSparkle

« Reply #15 on: January 02, 2013, 08:01:35 pm »
the good thing is they will be full up soon with crap work running around like headless chickens, I would laugh at them and carry on doing what your doing ;D

this is exactly what i think.

i had some one leaflet one of my round with prices less than half what i charge.  was 2 months ago and i've not lost anyone that i know of...  unless you yourself are cheap, you wont loose your customers to a cheap cleaner
iSparkle Window Cleaning

www.isparklewindowcleaning.uk

Banbury Window Cleaning

« Reply #16 on: January 02, 2013, 08:39:00 pm »
business is business!! i have undercut before to get decent work and I would do it again!
We are in this game to make money and look after our families not worry about other people
When I started out I undercutt on some work to get it compact and just a few months ago a local newbie shouted abuse at me for cleaning in the street he lived (so apparantly it was his patch) so me and Andi canvassed the whole area and made sure we got work!!
These days i would only consider it if it was decent commercial work, large donestic properties £100+
In the struggle for survival, the fittest win out at the expense of their rivals because they succeed in adapting themselves best to their environment."

Halfadaylee

« Reply #17 on: January 02, 2013, 08:43:03 pm »
business is business!! i have undercut before to get decent work and I would do it again!
We are in this game to make money and look after our families not worry about other people
When I started out I undercutt on some work to get it compact and just a few months ago a local newbie shouted abuse at me for cleaning in the street he lived (so apparantly it was his patch) so me and Andi canvassed the whole area and made sure we got work!!
These days i would only consider it if it was decent commercial work, large donestic properties £100+

Where is the decent work, if its always being undercut the only winner will be the customer.
Art

Banbury Window Cleaning

« Reply #18 on: January 02, 2013, 08:53:39 pm »
then let them be the winner! there is decent work out there you gotta just find it and if it means under cutting then so be it!
I wont break me back for nothing but if I can do a property cheaper then I will, IF it suits me and my round.
In the struggle for survival, the fittest win out at the expense of their rivals because they succeed in adapting themselves best to their environment."

G Griffin

« Reply #19 on: January 02, 2013, 09:05:10 pm »
I don't think it's that big of a problem.
If you can't beat them on price, beat them on quality. Some just want cheap, let them have them.
If you can't beat them on quality, either, you're going to have to do something else. 
Moaning about it is just like claiming to have a 'patch'. It's just competition.
⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐