This is an advertisement
Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here

Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

Johnny B

Re: Under Cutting
« Reply #40 on: January 08, 2013, 02:41:10 pm »
This is a great topic and keeps coming up, and in time peoples responses have changed. The one thing most window cleaners always used to say was to never undercut to get the work, but because of the economic situation and people having no work, there is a lot more competition out there from new window cleaners and customers shopping around. It would be great if there was an across the board price that everybody could stick to but there isn't. Everybody has to start somewhere and if at first you have to work for a lower price to get the work then so be it, but most serious window cleaners seem to build up to a decent level of work and income and then lose the low paid jobs, and so the cycle continues.

Good post

Thank you Mr Bacon

This subject really does interest me as I do all my own canvassing and there are a lot of people out there who say things like - 'No, its ok, I already have a window cleaner. . . . . eeerrr  well, what do you charge.?'

No matter what any window cleaner says, there are always one or two that may change because of price, but also they are right in saying that these customers are best not having, well, thats waht I believe. I also want to get to the stage where I am pricing high, but fair. So, that both me and the customer are happy with the price AND the work.
So, what do you answer to the above question?

Well, how much are you paying at the moment?

Are you happy with your current window cleaner (price/standard of work, reliability).?

I charge 50p a window sir/madam.

I charge £5 a window sir/madam.

Its ok, I don't want to upset your current window cleaner (I have seen the brute hahahaha).

Its ok, I don't want to take someone on who would be looking to change again behind my back.

If I could do it cheaper do I get the work?

Spot on. Im the same. If they are not happy with there current wc then who am i to not take them on as my own customer.

+1.

John
Being diplomatic is being able to tell someone to go to hell in such a way that they look forward to the trip.

Klean07

« Reply #41 on: January 08, 2013, 04:36:04 pm »
If any of my customers stray to undercutters I tell them not to bother phoning me when they fail to turn up! End of!
kkleanwindowcleaning.co.uk

Ian101

« Reply #42 on: January 08, 2013, 05:07:05 pm »

[/quote]

i had some one leaflet one of my round with prices less than half what i charge.  was 2 months ago and i've not lost anyone that i know of...  unless you yourself are cheap, you wont loose your customers to a cheap cleaner
[/quote]

do you know what company it was ? .... aquaclean by any chance ?

Deangsi

« Reply #43 on: January 08, 2013, 06:33:22 pm »
canvass wherever you want and price whatever you are happy with and dont let anyone tell you different in my opinion. i never canvass other window cleaners work who i know but as for any others its fair game as is my work fair game to anyone else.