This is an advertisement
Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here

Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

David Kent @ KentKleen

Again thank you, interesting, Facelift seem to have nailed the clamps, so to speak.

dd

I think the problem is only a very small percentage of window cleaners post on this forum, so if 200 have been sold very few on this forum actually own one.

Personally I think the clamps could make the phoenix a little quicker to use over lateral ones and the problem I have with gardiners clamps is they regularly need adjusting through the day. I have taken to not fully closing sections 1 and 2 and this does help.

Dani J

I think the problem is only a very small percentage of window cleaners post on this forum, so if 200 have been sold very few on this forum actually own one.

Personally I think the clamps could make the phoenix a little quicker to use over lateral ones and the problem I have with gardiners clamps is they regularly need adjusting through the day. I have taken to not fully closing sections 1 and 2 and this does help.

well since i have had mine, i have only adjust the clamps twice, which was a minor thing.  :)

Alex Gardiner

Hi dd

I would have replied directly via email but cannot find an email address for you.

Adjusting the clamps through the day is not normal and can be easily remedied.  Drop me an email on alex@agardiner.co.uk.

paul marshall

ok i didnt really want to get involved because stephen and mike have been excellent , i was one of the first to review the phoniex and in my opinion it is a brilliant pole it ticks all the boxes and i cant live without it HOWEVER it does seem a bit brittle to me  [ bear in mind i usually work with a brodex which is bullet proof ] after a few days i leaned it against a wall and it slid down and the neck snapped , i told stephen and mike and about 14 hours later the new parts arived and i was back in buisness , a week later as i was lowering the pole as the clamps hit each other one just split , again i informed the powers that be and about 16 hours later again free of charge i recieved my parts including glue , about a week later the top clamp just gave away , again next day free of charge im back in the game , and then last week i rested pole on a wheelie bin it slid of and the neck snapped , which was my own fault , so now i have decided to give gardners clx a try and i will look at getting phoniex fixed in new year , so in my opinion the pole is excellent the customer service is beyond excellent , i just feel as though its all a bit brittle , but as i say mine was one of the first batch and im not the most carefull of pole users , i hope i havnt given to bad a review because these guys are really trying and to me customer service is just as important as product .... just read this back to my wife who reminded me that stephen and mike did say that the second batch of clamps were stronger and the 2 new clamps i have had no trouble with , so there you go and before you all reply remember its christmas  ;D ;D
the more flyers i post , the luckier i seem to get ...

Mike @ Facelift

Your right Paul, no issues with the new parts.... Some never experienced anything with the first batch but the revised parts are all top notch...

You won the pole at the demo evening so it was a really early model... Maybe even as early as the one's Alex Gardiner bought!!

Drop me a text if need anythin now Paul and I'll sort it out.

Smudger

Cheerx for the honest post Paul

And i'm not turning this into a phoenix bashing post/thread but the thin top section snapping IS exactly my concern
on the 26UL

AND is the reason why this item should have had field trials for upto a year before release - every new product can
have tething problems and certainly be modded over time.

It will be interesting to see how they fair this time next year

Darran
A pessimist sees the difficulty in every opportunity; an optimist sees the opportunity in every difficulty.

www.oddbodscleaning.co.uk

Stephen Fox

Paul, you need to speak as you find.

In all honesty it was my fault on the first batch of poles. In reality, the first run is a test to make sure the mold is correct as they usally need adjustment. I called off over 200 of first runs instead of the usual 6 or so sets as the prototypes were great and I wanted to get them out there ASAP! Well I've learnt my lesson, but we will refining and developing to make the best product out there. So far so good.

Stephen Fox

Cheerx for the honest post Paul

And i'm not turning this into a phoenix bashing post/thread but the thin top section snapping IS exactly my concern
on the 26UL

AND is the reason why this item should have had field trials for upto a year before release - every new product can
have tething problems and certainly be modded over time.

It will be interesting to see how they fair this time next year

Darran

Darran,

Paul has only had the 22ft first release glass pole not the UL26. We have had no reports of the UL26 snapping at all. We've tested before release and had no issues and none so far. But as you say time will tell.

Dani J

Paul, you need to speak as you find.

In all honesty it was my fault on the first batch of poles. In reality, the first run is a test to make sure the mold is correct as they usally need adjustment. I called off over 200 of first runs instead of the usual 6 or so sets as the prototypes were great and I wanted to get them out there ASAP! Well I've learnt my lesson, but we will refining and developing to make the best product out there. So far so good.

I would suggested to make the top neck from carbon fiber or light aluminum, this way less risk of braking.

David Kent @ KentKleen

thanks paul for the review. and thank you stephen for your honest reply. It seems teething problems are getting sorted and people love the clamps.
I think we should have a product review section on here. What do you think?

Mike @ Facelift

I would suggested to make the top neck from carbon fiber or light aluminum, this way less risk of braking.

The improvements in the new top collar is a massive step forward... This makes a big improvement even at this early stage!!

Mike @ Facelift

thanks paul for the review. and thank you stephen for your honest reply. It seems teething problems are getting sorted and people love the clamps.
I think we should have a product review section on here. What do you think?

Yeah, CIU should set us up our own section in the suppliers arena....

Smudger

thanks for the clarification

Darran
A pessimist sees the difficulty in every opportunity; an optimist sees the opportunity in every difficulty.

www.oddbodscleaning.co.uk

rosskesava

Yeah, CIU should set us up our own section in the suppliers arena....

It's such a sensible idea and I don't know why it hasn't already been done.

I'm looking to buy a new pole in the new year and it'll be a Gardiners simply because their poles are tried and tested.

However, if there was a review section then I might be thinking otherwise but as it is, if I want to read any comments or pro's and con's about other makes, then it's a whole thing wading through piles of postings.
Just chant..... Hare Krsna, Hare Krsna, Krsna Krsna, Hare Hare, Hare Rama, Hare Rama, Rama Rama, Hare Hare. It's beats chanting Tory Tory or Labour Labour.

paul marshall

mike i think its a new top collar and top clamp i need i didnt facebook you , because i thought you would be getting sick of me  ;D ;D ;D as you say i did get it free after all so i was just going to cut my losses on it

Mike @ Facelift

mike i think its a new top collar and top clamp i need i didnt facebook you , because i thought you would be getting sick of me  ;D ;D ;D as you say i did get it free after all so i was just going to cut my losses on it

Cool... The feedback is what we need.. I want get you back up and runnin ASAP...

The parts will be en route after the holidays..

paul marshall

thank you mate  ;D ;D

They've done the hardest bit; getting a brand. 

Then again so did the 'makers' lol of Magica.

I'd certainly consider one when the time comes to upgrade. Got no reason not to to be honest.

keyser soze

sounds to me as facelift have really got their act together .. to get the teething problems remidied is a great reasurrance to prospective buyers... impressive to see their after sales is getting a massive thumbs up. keep up the good work guys...