This is an advertisement
Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here

Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

David Kent @ KentKleen

Formed, thank you for your reply. I have been asking for a decent review on here since the phoenix came out. I value the reviews on here as they are from the real world, with the poles been used day in day out. I really like the look of the phoenix range and think some of there features look great.

A good honest review by yourself would be excellent.
My original question was a genuine one not a pop at phoenix.
I understand all poles can have issues when first released as the clx did with the wrong glue being used.
please post a review including what it is like in day to day use.
Thank you

Stephen Fox

When the clx was available it was the talk of the forum. What is going on with the phoenix range? is it mainly getting sold abroad or is it just the fact that only a few have bought them and there hasn't been a serious review about them yet? They where advertised as THE next best pole.
I have asked numerous times on here for a review and cant seem to get any substance in a reply. Are they any good? This is not a post having a go at the phoenix range, i just want to know what is going on with them.
They seem to have a problem with there tolerence's and the top section snapping. Am I right or wrong?
Thanks in advance 

Kentkleen, if you have a look a past threads the Phoenix has been the talk of the forum! I think one thread has had more views than any other pole (apart from the Harris pole is action,!)

We have sold hundreds the Phoenix poles already and it's been the fastest selling pole we have ever had. Currently in UK terms alone, we have just over 200 out there with more going out everyday.

Tolerance wise things are fine and no reports of any sections snapping. The tiny percentage of issues have been with the thread adapter breaking on the first batch, mainly with using an Aquadapter and users drilling through the fitting, with one or two cases of this not being the case. We have just modified this part, upgraded it so those issues should be eliminated.

As any pole manufacturer will tell you problems always occur and sometimes lead to better products because of it. We will constantly be improving the range to make it the best possible.

Dani J

When the clx was available it was the talk of the forum. What is going on with the phoenix range? is it mainly getting sold abroad or is it just the fact that only a few have bought them and there hasn't been a serious review about them yet? They where advertised as THE next best pole.
I have asked numerous times on here for a review and cant seem to get any substance in a reply. Are they any good? This is not a post having a go at the phoenix range, i just want to know what is going on with them.
They seem to have a problem with there tolerence's and the top section snapping. Am I right or wrong?
Thanks in advance 

Kentkleen, if you have a look a past threads the Phoenix has been the talk of the forum! I think one thread has had more views than any other pole (apart from the Harris pole is action,!)

We have sold hundreds the Phoenix poles already and it's been the fastest selling pole we have ever had. Currently in UK terms alone, we have just over 200 out there with more going out everyday.

Tolerance wise things are fine and no reports of any sections snapping. The tiny percentage of issues have been with the thread adapter breaking on the first batch, mainly with using an Aquadapter and users drilling through the fitting, with one or two cases of this not being the case. We have just modified this part, upgraded it so those issues should be eliminated.

As any pole manufacturer will tell you problems always occur and sometimes lead to better products because of it. We will constantly be improving the range to make it the best possible.

yes i second that, i have had mine for couple months now, and its a great pole, all i say is that you need buy it, use it, and just love it.  :)

Lee GLS

Thanks in advance 

yes i second that, i have had mine for couple months now, and its a great pole, all i say is that you need buy it, use it, and just love it.  :)

Dani, what pole did you have before the pheonix, how does it compare? Do you know or use an aquadapter with it, this is a must for any pole I buy.

Smudger

Dani J - great pole love it buy 1 - what sort of review is that ?

it's this sort of response that Kent is trying to get past and get a full picture of the pole.

the problem for facelift on here ( and this is by no means a large section of the window cleaning market ) is that
gardiners have strived to provide fantastic and quality products that others so far can only equal either in quality or
price - none seem to beat gardiners on either or both items

Also over the years i know Alex has not only tested his equipment out personally but given out items for testing and evaluation, this has given him great feedback from those on the frontline.

While i'm sure the phoenix pole is great it appears it is neither better ( i'm talking 22 ft with the rather odd ( and part time ) extension piece or cheaper - so what is the insentive for me to buy anything other than gardiners ?

They ( facelift ) may have been better to have actually 'given' out 10 poles to members here to review and used under normal
working conditions than splashing out on Ad's

At least in this case the forum would then truely be buzzing about facelift.

Darran
A pessimist sees the difficulty in every opportunity; an optimist sees the opportunity in every difficulty.

www.oddbodscleaning.co.uk

wightsurf

Steve Fox

Can I buy one of those upgraded threaded adapters with some glue please.

David Kent @ KentKleen

Smudger thank you for a great response. YOU have grasped what I am looking for.

Stephen, I am not having a go at you or Phoenix. You always seem to go into defensive mode.

I stated why havn't phoenix had the IMPACT (not forum talk) in my original topic title.

I am after a proper review from  lets say 10 users. (200 poles sold in the uk so that shouldnt be too hard surely 10 buyers of those 200 use this forum)

I also commented that I understand all new poles have some issues when first put to market.

When first starting out with WFP I took a lot of time to research on this forum for what 'gear' especially poles that more experienced operators where advising. I think it would be helpful for newbies to be able to read a 'good' full review of a new product, rather than, 'its a good pole you should buy one'

That is all I have been asking for for the last 2 months.

I have read 1 really good review and read one post mentioning the top pole breakage on the 26ul.

IF anyone starts slagging phoenix poles off on this thread I will lock it. But that will be a shame as a good set of reviews will benefit all involved.

Hope this covers the 'intension' issues of why I started this topic.

DG Cleaning

Talk of the forum lol  ;D

Smudger

When first starting out with WFP I took a lot of time to research on this forum for what 'gear' especially poles that more experienced operators where advising. I think it would be helpful for newbies to be able to read a 'good' full review of a new product, rather than, 'its a good pole you should buy one'

i was exactly the same when going WFP the SLX was the pole to have and more importantly WHY - i got loads of info 99% good
1% bad of practicle use of the pole/useage/wear etc..

all my poles are gardiners - some due for replacement but with the info on the phoenix i, AS YET see no reason to try
another make which means a different set of spares and compaterbility problems

Darran
A pessimist sees the difficulty in every opportunity; an optimist sees the opportunity in every difficulty.

www.oddbodscleaning.co.uk

keyser soze

i'd b interested in buying one but wanted to know how it handled the day to day rigours of a proffessional window cleaner over a period of several months before i invested.... with gardiners everyone knows they are getting top gear.. just look at the rep he has on this forum

DG Cleaning

IMO Pheonix are totally missing an opportunity.
We've got Gardiners tried and tested fantastic products.
Pheonix may have good poles as well.
Phoenix want use to buy poles off them at roughly the same price.
It's not going to happen in any great numbers unless they give us a real financial incentive to do so, therefore they will remain a long way behind Gardiners.

♠Winp®oClean♠

Talk of the forum lol  ;D

Yeah, and for what reasons?!! ;D ;D

Small but perfectley formed

My review the Phoenix 18 carbon except base section is a great pole I prefer it to the slx because I can work faster due to the lateral clamps on the slx.
The slx is probably slightly more rigid 
The Phoenix is well made no clamp issues.
At present I do not get black hands from the Phoenix and it does not require constant wiping I only clean the hose that goes inside pole.
I have had the pole since the first batch released and it does have slight wear to the finish on the the first 2 section but this is to be expected.
This is all I can really say and that I will be buying another when the slx retires which will be early next year .
Spit and polish

Nameless Drudge

Does it have positive end stops?

Stephen Fox

Steve Fox

Can I buy one of those upgraded threaded adapters with some glue please.

Mart, no problem will get some out to you FOC, along with one for the prototype section - will have to be the end of the week though because of hols etc.

Stephen Fox

My review the Phoenix 18 carbon except base section is a great pole I prefer it to the slx because I can work faster due to the lateral clamps on the slx.
At present I do not get black hands from the Phoenix and it does not require constant wiping I only clean the hose that goes inside pole.
I have had the pole since the first batch released and it does have slight wear to the finish on the the first 2 section but this is to be expected.
This is all I can really say and that I will be buying another when the slx retires which will be early next year .

This is pretty much the same reports we been getting from customers. They can work a lot faster due to the clamps as it is quicker to retract and extend.

I can see you had one from the first batch, if you would like the upgraded adapters please drop me an email fox@faceliftcleaning.com and i can get these out to you as well.

Stephen Fox

Smudger thank you for a great response. YOU have grasped what I am looking for.

Stephen, I am not having a go at you or Phoenix. You always seem to go into defensive mode.

I stated why havn't phoenix had the IMPACT (not forum talk) in my original topic title.

I am after a proper review from  lets say 10 users. (200 poles sold in the uk so that shouldnt be too hard surely 10 buyers of those 200 use this forum)

I also commented that I understand all new poles have some issues when first put to market.

That is all I have been asking for for the last 2 months.

I have read 1 really good review and read one post mentioning the top pole breakage on the 26ul.

IF anyone starts slagging phoenix poles off on this thread I will lock it. But that will be a shame as a good set of reviews will benefit all involved.

Hope this covers the 'intension' issues of why I started this topic.

Kentkleen, how dare you say i'm defensive!! haha!

I think most people are waiting to see how they perform over time, which is pretty wise. There are always comments on forums from people who've bought something then review it the same day, saying how great it is and it's the best thing they've ever bought..... then problems occur a few weeks down the line and suddenly it not as good as they first proclaimed.

Over time a lot more reviews will pop up giving you a more rounded view of the range against what is also out there.

wightsurf

Thanks

Dani J

Thanks in advance 

Dani, what pole did you have before the pheonix, how does it compare? Do you know or use an aquadapter with it, this is a must for any pole I buy.

Hi Lee
All my poles are gardiners.
I bought  phoenix 22ft  just to try as they advertised it on here, any new product comes on the market I always try it out.
Yes the pole is as good as my gardiners 22ft. but the advantage which tops any pole on the market is the clamps.

These clamps are great, so far I haven’t had any issue on that.
As regarding to Aquadapter, well, I had it on the pole and yes it works perfectly but I have gone off of Aquadapter now, because it just makes the pole too heavy so now I just use it without Aquadapter.

Over all it’s a great pole.

David Kent @ KentKleen

Thank you. At last something with substance.