This is an advertisement
Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here

Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

Ben wood

am I using too much water
« on: December 13, 2012, 09:23:37 pm »
Today I went through 400 litres on my own and I finished at 3pm. And people who run two man van how much do you use

Dora Jarr

Re: am I using too much water
« Reply #1 on: December 13, 2012, 09:27:36 pm »
Turn down the flow.

Ben wood

« Reply #2 on: December 13, 2012, 09:29:02 pm »
My varistream was only set to 4 and I Use a tap

R.C Property

« Reply #3 on: December 13, 2012, 09:29:26 pm »
All depends on size of houses first cleans etc.

I use between 250-300lts on my own.

Ben wood

« Reply #4 on: December 13, 2012, 09:35:35 pm »
Today I done 6  3 bed bungalows with former window 3 had connys, 4 3 bad semi's 2 with connys 1 was a first clean. And 3 2 bed flats. I can't see why I am using so much water

R.C Property

« Reply #5 on: December 13, 2012, 09:39:38 pm »
Today I done 6  3 bed bungalows with former window 3 had connys, 4 3 bad semi's 2 with connys 1 was a first clean. And 3 2 bed flats. I can't see why I am using so much water

Seems a little to much water, try turning it down a little, if you have a tap try using that alittle more, like when u finish front turn off then walk round back, turn off when u finish back then back to van etc

Ben wood

« Reply #6 on: December 13, 2012, 09:44:41 pm »
I know what you mean but I already turn it off when moving maybe I will try it on 3 tomorrow

R.C Property

« Reply #7 on: December 13, 2012, 09:47:42 pm »
I know what you mean but I already turn it off when moving maybe I will try it on 3 tomorrow

ok then, dont take this the wrong way or anything,
do you trust your water and rinsing??

could be that you are rinsing more than you have to? that could use more water

Ben wood

« Reply #8 on: December 13, 2012, 09:52:30 pm »
I was thinking the same Mate. I am thinking of buying some low pressure fan jets from gardiners and see if this helps

Lee Pryor

« Reply #9 on: December 13, 2012, 09:52:58 pm »
Hell no richard.

One of my chaps will get through 600 or more.

A higher flow rate is nicer and faster to work with and does a better job than a dribble. Alot of guys dont have the balls to do a proper job of going over to WFP, buy a silly little tank then realise it doesnt last so work with a drible. IMO each operator should have at least 500l at their disposal each day.

Water and filtration is NOT expensive!
The best way to predict the future is to create it.

R.C Property

« Reply #10 on: December 13, 2012, 09:59:42 pm »
Hell no richard.

A higher flow rate is nicer and faster to work with and does a better job than a dribble. Alot of guys dont have the balls to do a proper job of going over to WFP, buy a silly little tank then realise it doesnt last so work with a drible. IMO each operator should have at least 500l at their disposal each day.

sorry thats rubbish, you dont need to use that much atall. and its not dribbling out.

with my trolly system i made i can use 25lts for 4 terraced houses and have a great finish on them. there is no need to use much atall.

between me and a mate i cleaned 78 flats with only 400lts of water!

your right water and filteration in not expensive, but dont mean you have to use a lot.

rice is cheap, but i dont cook 5kg of it for a meal!

R.C Property

« Reply #11 on: December 13, 2012, 10:01:07 pm »
I was thinking the same Mate. I am thinking of buying some low pressure fan jets from gardiners and see if this helps

ive used fan jets in the past, not the low pressure ones that are about now, but i found i used a little more water and the power wasnt in them ones to push bits off the windows,
but the new ones might be a lot better now.

mgba_78

« Reply #12 on: December 13, 2012, 10:02:32 pm »
I watched a vid posted on here other day and tested it out and work perfect!

Go over frame, go over window from left to right then right to left with brush and rinse off with roughly 5cm between rinsing.  

I must admit we over scrubbed and rinsed but now use way less water doing it this way.
We use Auadapters as well and probably use 500/600 litres between 2 on a full day on average.
Some days we have used 700ltrs.

We turnover at least 75p per litre of pure water used.

Obviously there are better days but as a min this is what we use and make per litre of pure.

Today even in the cold we used i reckon 400/450 litres with the flow turned up and it worked out at over 80p turnover per litre of pure used.

Oooooo that is shiny!!

Lee Pryor

« Reply #13 on: December 13, 2012, 10:04:58 pm »
Sorry richard, Guess I dont know what im talking about there.

R.C Property

« Reply #14 on: December 13, 2012, 10:05:18 pm »
I watched a vid posted on here other day and tested it out and work perfect!

Go over frame, go over window from left to right then right to left with brush and rinse off with roughly 5cm between rinsing.  

I must admit we over scrubbed and rinsed but now use way less water doing it this way.
We use Auadapters as well and probably use 500/600 litres between 2 on a full day on average.
Some days we have used 700ltrs.

We turnover at least 75p per litre of pure water used.

Obviously there are better days but as a min this is what we use and make per litre of pure.

Today even in the cold we used i reckon 400/450 litres with the flow turned up and it worked out at over 80p turnover per litre of pure used.

just shows you dont it, that some guys over do it, sounds like you got it down to an art now tho!

stuart mc

« Reply #15 on: December 13, 2012, 10:10:14 pm »
Hell no richard.

like, I agree

R.C Property

« Reply #16 on: December 13, 2012, 10:11:02 pm »
Sorry richard, Guess I dont know what im talking about there.

not saying you dont. most people use loads of water, over scrub and over rince, because they think they have to. i used to when i first started off, then i just tried it at home to see what i can get away with on my own windows.

i trust my water and brushes. my water never gose over 002ppm and brushes are cleaned each night.

you would be shocked on how little you need. i tried just a quick spray on the window, turned it of, scrubed it a few times, then rinsed it down.  when it was dry there was no spotting or anything left on the window.

not all windows are like that and do need a little more water, but try it at home on a window and see what effects it has when you use less water.

Lee Pryor

« Reply #17 on: December 13, 2012, 10:14:24 pm »
We dont over scrub or over rinse we just do a shear volume of work a day, and because of that thats how much we use. No late starts at my end mate. vans leave the yard at 8pm and come back 4.30 5 days a week, week in week out.

R.C Property

« Reply #18 on: December 13, 2012, 10:17:48 pm »
We dont over scrub or over rinse we just do a shear volume of work a day, and because of that thats how much we use. No late starts at my end mate. vans leave the yard at 8pm and come back 4.30 5 days a week, week in week out.

8pm? 8am-4.30pm?

my first commercail job i have to be there for 7am, then i go out and do my domestic, then back home by 4pm. like i say best i got out my van is 78 properies, only carry 400lts of water!

Lee Pryor

« Reply #19 on: December 13, 2012, 10:19:45 pm »
if it works for you then it works for you.