This is an advertisement
Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here

Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

stuart mc

Re: am I using too much water
« Reply #20 on: December 13, 2012, 10:22:17 pm »
We dont over scrub or over rinse we just do a shear volume of work a day, and because of that thats how much we use. No late starts at my end mate. vans leave the yard at 8pm and come back 4.30 5 days a week, week in week out.

8pm? 8am-4.30pm?

my first commercail job i have to be there for 7am, then i go out and do my domestic, then back home by 4pm. like i say best i got out my van is 78 properies, only carry 400lts of water!

or use a higher flow and be back for 2pm 3pm ;) you will save time

R.C Property

« Reply #21 on: December 13, 2012, 10:26:42 pm »
We dont over scrub or over rinse we just do a shear volume of work a day, and because of that thats how much we use. No late starts at my end mate. vans leave the yard at 8pm and come back 4.30 5 days a week, week in week out.

8pm? 8am-4.30pm?

my first commercail job i have to be there for 7am, then i go out and do my domestic, then back home by 4pm. like i say best i got out my van is 78 properies, only carry 400lts of water!

im not disagreing with that one, but thats also if you know how to work with a high flow rate too! some people have the high flow rate on there and still move like a snail, so wasting more water than needed.

its all a learning curve to find out whats best for you, i work with a lower rate of water, work a little longer and still be fine. some people burn them selves out trying to work fast, make mistakes and miss things if they are not used to it

R.C Property

« Reply #22 on: December 13, 2012, 10:27:21 pm »
just an video to show what test you can do to find what suits u

http://youtu.be/re2CdgRbSsE

stuart mc

« Reply #23 on: December 13, 2012, 10:39:30 pm »

8pm? 8am-4.30pm?

im not disagreing with that one, but thats also if you know how to work with a high flow rate too! some people have the high flow rate on there and still move like a snail, so wasting more water than needed.

its all a learning curve to find out whats best for you, i work with a lower rate of water, work a little longer and still be fine. some people burn them selves out trying to work fast, make mistakes and miss things if they are not used to it

fair enough comment ;)

R.C Property

« Reply #24 on: December 13, 2012, 10:40:56 pm »

8pm? 8am-4.30pm?

fair enough comment ;)

like the saying goes, got to learn to walk before you can run! lol

Granny

« Reply #25 on: December 14, 2012, 09:26:04 am »

Watched the video but where are the results?????
Bit pointless without them.
G.

R.C Property

« Reply #26 on: December 14, 2012, 09:28:48 am »

G.
i know what you mean, they never did a follow up on it!
but they did say that you only need to do 2! 
try it for yourself i did!

R.C Property

« Reply #27 on: December 14, 2012, 09:38:57 am »
Are you over washing and rinsing each window?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=re2CdgRbSsE&feature=player_embedded

My biggest problem is over cleaning and rinsing.

thats what i posted up earler, good video, but shame they dont show results

Spruce

« Reply #28 on: December 14, 2012, 09:42:01 am »

G.

You got bored and didn't listen carefully enough.  ;D

He just doesn't seem to be comfortable using a pole, let alone training others to use it.

However, the point he makes is good and this experiment is a must for each of us to do.
Success is 1% inspiration, 98% perspiration and 2% attention to detail!

The older I get, the better I was ;)

Window Washers

« Reply #29 on: December 14, 2012, 09:48:58 am »

G.
i was going to say he needs to either use a different pole of change his technique  ;D
But hes trying to help so fair play to him I say.

He just doesn't seem to be comfortable using a pole, let alone training others to use it.

However, the point he makes is good and this experiment is a must for each of us to do.
If your not willing to learn, No one can help you, If you are determined to learn, No one can stop you ;)

Spruce

« Reply #30 on: December 14, 2012, 09:58:14 am »

Sorry Richard,
I didn't click on you post link until after I posted my reply - when I did that I deleted my post, but you 'grabbed' it before I deleted it.  ;)

He does mention 'by mistake' that 2 aggitations are all that is required to get the window clean. This is the same advise that Alex Gardiner gave a number of years ago - 2 passes with the brush and rinse.

Trouble is I over clean and rinse - hence wasting water and time.

When son in law joined us (previously trad) he quickly found that minimal washing and rinsing was fine. He was so much faster than I am. I have checked his windows from time to time and they are fine.

R.C Property

« Reply #31 on: December 14, 2012, 10:04:04 am »

Sorry Richard,
I didn't click on you post link until after I posted my reply - when I did that I deleted my post, but you 'grabbed' it before I deleted it.  ;)

He does mention 'by mistake' that 2 aggitations are all that is required to get the window clean. This is the same advise that Alex Gardiner gave a number of years ago - 2 passes with the brush and rinse.

When son in law joined us (previously trad) he quickly found that minimal washing and rinsing was fine. He was so much faster than I am. I have checked his windows from time to time and they are fine.

no need to be sorry, they say great minds think alike! lol
yer i was like that when i first started with wfp, then soon managed to cut down. its just being able to trust what you are doing, try it for yourself sometime and see how you get on

Spruce

« Reply #32 on: December 14, 2012, 10:13:46 am »

G.
i was going to say he needs to either use a different pole of change his technique  ;D
But hes trying to help so fair play to him I say.

Hi Ian

I agree. His technique isn't a good advert for his poles that he manufacturers and supplies.

In each of his videos he is like this, but it could be because of the camera.

I have stated before that poorly presented help videos, although informative, can destroy a company's image - sales and training are all about image and customer/client perceptions. Sometimes its difficult to look past the poor production and look at the content.

In this case, the content is very good, its just not presented very well. Ten out of ten for an enthusiastic presentation though.

Spruce

« Reply #33 on: December 14, 2012, 10:21:40 am »

Sorry Richard,

yer i was like that when i first started with wfp, then soon managed to cut down. its just being able to trust what you are doing, try it for yourself sometime and see how you get on

No Richard, if you are comparing your mind to mine, I'm afraid you are 'short changing yourself'. I do appreciate the complement though.  ;D

My son says that to watch me on the glass is a revelation sometimes. He says that I'm the only one he has ever seen that can slip into a coma standing up and still remain on my feet. He is probably right, because I can be working away, click back into the real world and have no recollection of what I have recently done.

Because of this, I usually check each window before leaving to do the next house.

R.C Property

« Reply #34 on: December 14, 2012, 11:40:49 am »

Sorry Richard,

No Richard, if you are comparing your mind to mine, I'm afraid you are 'short changing yourself'. I do appreciate the complement though.  ;D

My son says that to watch me on the glass is a revelation sometimes. He says that I'm the only one he has ever seen that can slip into a coma standing up and still remain on my feet. He is probably right, because I can be working away, click back into the real world and have no recollection of what I have recently done.

Because of this, I usually check each window before leaving to do the next house.

lol u never know! lol
well at least checking your work is not a bad habbit to be in, ive seen wfp guys that just walk away from the house and when i looked at the doors there was still muck that wasnt washed off,

DG Cleaning

« Reply #35 on: December 14, 2012, 01:57:04 pm »
I don't think he presents that bad

Granny

« Reply #36 on: December 14, 2012, 02:08:54 pm »
Didn't find it boring - quite the opposite I have watched quite a few of his videos.
Just think it would have more impact if he had shown the before and after to back up what he was demonstrating.
Problem is I need a bigger house  :D :D.
I do so many experiments on mine the windows don't have time to get dirty again like in "real life."
I do stop and check houses I have cleaned on the way round during the day if they have dried off.
I'm sure I overscrub and over rinse but I'd rather that than have complaints.
G.

Spruce

« Reply #37 on: December 14, 2012, 02:34:26 pm »
My varistream was only set to 4 and I Use a tap

I find that 4 is the max I can set mine at.

I love to work with 5 or even 6, but I don't work quicker, I just waste water.

Lee runs a very successful business, so if his guys use 600 litres each a day, great, I could also use that amount, but I wouldn't be doing much more than working with 4. I can only work with No4, anything higher for me is a waste. The younger guys should achieve more though.

In the early days we used 1/2" hose, Shurflo pumps running flat out with 3mm jets in the Vikan brushes with Unger Teleplus poles. 450 litres finished before 3 o'clock.

We upgraded to minibore hose, 2mm jets, Varistreams and Carbon fibre poles with Bentley brushes and did more work a day using less water as we had enough to work till 5.

However, when I use our backpack, I notice how much time I waste rinsing with a very low flow rate.

In the old days we didn't have a fast producing R/O, now we have a 4040. Its better to use too much water and waste a bit than wasting time with a too low flow rate.

lee_dewing

« Reply #38 on: December 14, 2012, 03:08:06 pm »
Woods
As said by mgba_78, get an aqua-dapter save 25% on your water.

mgba_78
any chance of link to that video might find it helpful thanks.
Lee

Pleasure in the job puts perfection in the work.     - Aristotle

SB Cleaning

« Reply #39 on: December 14, 2012, 03:30:22 pm »
I work 9-4 and very rarely use more than 350 litres with my flow set at  45 out  of 99 ;)