This is an advertisement
Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here

Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

roundbuilder

How do you find other window cleaners towards you
« on: December 06, 2012, 05:54:00 pm »
Whilst working  i do notice that so many shiners have a chip on there shoulder some are so rude and just dont want to know, a lot act as if your not there or they clean as fast as they can to show off, the best are the ones cleaning opposite with the evils. I catch them looking with the corner of there eye but still they dont wont say hello, its mainly trad guys that are the worse. Im not saying all window cleaners are as have met some realy nice down to earth guys out in the streets but defo a high percentage are miserable gits with attitude.

How do you find it?? Or are you a misserable bar steward who blancs other shiners.

Frankybadboy

Re: How do you find other window cleaners towards you
« Reply #1 on: December 06, 2012, 05:56:26 pm »
depends how you are towards them,i make sure i say hello and i go over to them to talk.

roundbuilder

« Reply #2 on: December 06, 2012, 05:59:55 pm »
depends how you are towards them,i make sure i say hello and i go over to them to talk.

I do say hello mainly coz i want to see if they want to sell any work to me. A lot dont give much away or they blag. The amount of trad cleaners who insist they get 300+ each day working from a mondeo estate is unbelievable.  ;D

Crystal-clear

« Reply #3 on: December 06, 2012, 06:00:30 pm »
i used to say hello try and start chatting but you are right so many gits out there like you say some really nice ones , so now unfortuntatly i have become one too just dont say anything cos last few times i was totally blanked dont know but you are right too many feel they are speacial for some reason or another  ???

roundbuilder

« Reply #4 on: December 06, 2012, 06:02:31 pm »
i used to say hello try and start chatting but you are right so many gits out there like you say some really nice ones , so now unfortuntatly i have become one too just dont say anything cos last few times i was totally blanked dont know but you are right too many feel they are speacial for some reason or another  ???

Im glad im not the only 1 who notices it. But your right it is as if they feel superior or special to us.

dave0123

« Reply #5 on: December 06, 2012, 06:02:41 pm »
around here you get the 'stare' lol.. do not no why! they try to stare you out when driving past them i mean do not really no why. then there's the odd ones that say hello and nice guys... if u end up cleaning in the same road as someone around here u get all that your on my patch nonsence
Dave.

roundbuilder

« Reply #6 on: December 06, 2012, 06:06:31 pm »
around here you get the 'stare' lol.. do not no why! they try to stare you out when driving past them i mean do not really no why. then there's the odd ones that say hello and nice guys... if u end up cleaning in the same road as someone around here u get all that your on my patch nonsence

Luckily i have never had patch wars in my area. I have by accident caused a bunch of lads turn up at ian wicks house wanting he's blood as me and my team were canvassing there patch.(sorry for that ian lolol). I wonder if we have blancked any fellow ciu shiners in the past.

Ian101

« Reply #7 on: December 06, 2012, 06:09:44 pm »
got told today someone looking for me as hes not happy with me getting one of his ex customers who binned him cos he was agressive  ;D

already had 1 run in with him ... I just started laughing at him ... which he didnt appreciate so I just laughed some more

prob will canvass all the more now just to annoy him

bobplum

« Reply #8 on: December 06, 2012, 06:21:33 pm »
got told today someone looking for me as hes not happy with me getting one of his ex customers who binned him cos he was agressive  ;D

already had 1 run in with him ... I just started laughing at him ... which he didnt appreciate so I just laughed some more

i always avoid,ian(his now more successful than me),richard (isparkle)(because he can clean £500 a day),richy (wilts)because i owe him a book,a pole,parts for pumps,gav(he always looks fierce to me)

avoid these people at all costs ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D

Ian101

« Reply #9 on: December 06, 2012, 06:23:59 pm »
only by a quid per clean matey u soon catch me up with 1 decent price increase  ;D

Susan Dean (1stclean)

« Reply #10 on: December 06, 2012, 06:30:23 pm »
dont go there with this hubbys just had hold of a fellow window cleaner buy the neck for being clever with him not good

Ian101

« Reply #11 on: December 06, 2012, 06:36:22 pm »
why what happened ?

hope your fella ok !

dazmond

« Reply #12 on: December 06, 2012, 06:43:06 pm »
most who work near me are ok and are pretty friendly as i know most of em.its the ones who are trad only who seem to give me "the look" who come from miles away.i have had some guys from leigh threatening me over the phone but that was many years ago!! ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D
price higher/work harder!

Mike #1

« Reply #13 on: December 06, 2012, 06:46:44 pm »
Most of the windys in my area i get on well with just the odd one who does not speak . and i dont mind offering help or advice to lads wanting to convert to WFP . Mike

SB Cleaning

« Reply #14 on: December 06, 2012, 06:55:05 pm »
I always try and say hello or acknowledge them...

Sometimes I get them come up and talk to me, sometimes I get a wave, sometimes they try and pretend I'm not there.

I can honestly say I have never had the stare or bad vibes off any one though....

I am a big lad though ;D

dave0123

« Reply #15 on: December 06, 2012, 06:59:49 pm »
got told today someone looking for me as hes not happy with me getting one of his ex customers who binned him cos he was agressive 

What sort of things do u get ian? i cover wirral don't no if u cover any bits on wirral.. what anoys me is if you done an area with no other window cleaner and he would not think about coming and canvasing that area.. but its diffrent if its the other way round!

theres enough work for everyone to go around i really dont see the problem with these idiots.. specialy when i charge aout 50% more anyway  ;D
Dave.

Susan Dean (1stclean)

« Reply #16 on: December 06, 2012, 07:02:42 pm »
why what happened ?

hope your fella ok !
hes fine thanks ian he can hold is own being a 18 stone meathead , started with a leaft drop , then a rusty old car with tripples on the roof pulls up and a couple of guys with tacky bottoms tooked in there socks  ???

i am sure you know how it went from there , worrieing thing is how many other window cleaners have these guys done it too befoure they bumped into someone that called there bluff ??? not good at all

Ian101

« Reply #17 on: December 06, 2012, 07:08:56 pm »
got told today someone looking for me as hes not happy with me getting one of his ex customers who binned him cos he was agressive 

What sort of things do u get ian? i cover wirral don't no if u cover any bits on wirral.. what anoys me is if you done an area with no other window cleaner and he would not think about coming and canvasing that area.. but its diffrent if its the other way round!

theres enough work for everyone to go around i really dont see the problem with these idiots.. specialy when i charge aout 50% more anyway  ;D

nowt serious thankfully just finger pointing and bad langauge .... old boy who is loosing plot

dave0123

« Reply #18 on: December 06, 2012, 07:15:25 pm »
I had one like that last year driving a old type corsa... seen him a couple of time spoke to me once all nicely...weirdly.. then all this feffing and blinding and pointing! :S very bizarre. never seen ladders on top of his car though
Dave.

Silver Surfer

« Reply #19 on: December 06, 2012, 07:48:03 pm »
Whilst working  i do notice that so many shiners have a chip on there shoulder some are so rude and just dont want to know, a lot act as if your not there or they clean as fast as they can to show off, the best are the ones cleaning opposite with the evils. I catch them looking with the corner of there eye but still they dont wont say hello, its mainly trad guys that are the worse. Im not saying all window cleaners are as have met some realy nice down to earth guys out in the streets but defo a high percentage are miserable gits with attitude.

How do you find it?? Or are you a misserable bar steward who blancs other shiners.

Yeah i can't stand you!!!!..... ;D ;D ;D ;D..you cause to many arguments Lol