This is an advertisement
Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here

Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

colin purewater

Re: How do you find other window cleaners towards you
« Reply #20 on: December 06, 2012, 07:49:23 pm »
got told today someone looking for me as hes not happy with me getting one of his ex customers who binned him cos he was agressive  ;D

already had 1 run in with him ... I just started laughing at him ... which he didnt appreciate so I just laughed some more

prob will canvass all the more now just to annoy him

i always avoid,ian(his now more successful than me),richard (isparkle)(because he can clean £500 a day),richy (wilts)because i owe him a book,a pole,parts for pumps,gav(he always looks fierce to me)

avoid these people at all costs ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D

Never a truer word spoken bob  8)
keep it simple

markymark

« Reply #21 on: December 06, 2012, 07:50:35 pm »
Nutjobs are everywhere  ;D
I work in sunny Southport and mostly I wave or acknowledge other cleaners, but its a mixed bag of miserable stony faced so-and-so's and a couple that acknowledge me and a couple I can natter to for a few minutes. Just can't figure the sour ones. Speaks volumes about them really. Not been threatened yet so I must be doing something right. Or wrong, maybe....  ;D
The good thing about science is that it's true whether you believe it or not.

Richard iSparkle

« Reply #22 on: December 06, 2012, 07:55:22 pm »
i find some are friendly and some a little stand offish, as tho theyre not sure how we're going to respond to them. 

had one follow my guy around last week complaining about our work, criticising us, and then getting more threatening.  my guy is about 5'2, but just happens to be a semi pro kick boxer and cage fighter!!!!  looks like butter wouldnt melt, but is hard as nails if provoked enough! 
iSparkle Window Cleaning

www.isparklewindowcleaning.uk

Window Washers

« Reply #23 on: December 06, 2012, 08:36:35 pm »
Tend to get on with the guys I see around the areas we do and have a joke about, get the odd look from the new ones that keep popping up but willing to be nice to anyone of them.

Most are sound you will always get the odd trouble maker but thats life i guess
If your not willing to learn, No one can help you, If you are determined to learn, No one can stop you ;)

elite mike

« Reply #24 on: December 06, 2012, 08:57:39 pm »
get on well with all the windys here and we all seem to help each other ,

with the exception of one prat  ;) and we all know who that is   ;D ;D ;D

roundbuilder

« Reply #25 on: December 07, 2012, 12:03:33 am »

Whilst working  i do notice that so many shiners have a chip on there shoulder some are so rude and just dont want to know, a lot act as if your not there or they clean as fast as they can to show off, the best are the ones cleaning opposite with the evils. I catch them looking with the corner of there eye but still they dont wont say hello, its mainly trad guys that are the worse. Im not saying all window cleaners are as have met some realy nice down to earth guys out in the streets but defo a high percentage are miserable gits with attitude.

How do you find it?? Or are you a misserable bar steward who blancs other shiners.

Yeah i can't stand you!!!!..... ;D ;D ;D ;D..you cause to many arguments Lol
.   :o. Me...

robertphil

« Reply #26 on: December 07, 2012, 05:41:45 am »
most are really normal  altho iv met a few braggers (been in the biz 25 yrs -but looks to be in his erly 30s)  or  "hav u any jobs going ,i had a round of 800 but gave it away as one year it rained non stop "  

Window Washers

« Reply #27 on: December 07, 2012, 07:05:13 am »
most are really normal  altho iv met a few braggers (been in the biz 25 yrs -but looks to be in his erly 30s)  or  "hav u any jobs going ,i had a round of 800 but gave it away as one year it rained non stop "  
lol maybe there dad didn't have child care when they were a kid. :)
If your not willing to learn, No one can help you, If you are determined to learn, No one can stop you ;)

Ian101

« Reply #28 on: December 07, 2012, 07:42:50 am »

had one follow my guy around last week complaining about our work, criticising us, and then getting more threatening.  my guy is about 5'2, but just happens to be a semi pro kick boxer and cage fighter!!!!  looks like butter wouldnt melt, but is hard as nails if provoked enough! 

thanks for the heads up ... I promise to stop doing it  ;D ;D ;D

Richard iSparkle

« Reply #29 on: December 07, 2012, 08:20:56 am »

thanks for the heads up ... I promise to stop doing it  ;D ;D ;D

;-)
iSparkle Window Cleaning

www.isparklewindowcleaning.uk

Rayleigh Window Cleaning Services

« Reply #30 on: December 07, 2012, 08:59:53 am »
 I dont have a problem with local guys round my area, and there are a few now, some you get a nod, others a chat and some your not even there.

Had one guy, funny enough he is on this forum, who I approached some years ago just to find out how the change was from trad to pole as I had just changed over.

Wow, what an attitude, didn't even look up from his sitting position in his double cab vehicle, playing with his Iphone.

OH well takes all sorts.

Steve

EandM

« Reply #31 on: December 07, 2012, 10:14:41 am »
Most of the locals have been here for years like me. We all know each other, get on very well and even help each other sometimes, but we are all very laid back down here in the South West.

lee_dewing

« Reply #32 on: December 07, 2012, 10:40:50 am »
I use to make a point of chatting to any windie i saw.

Always found it a pointless exercise, just want to know what i'm earning how much work i got.

Telling me how great they are.

Can't belive how many wfp guys i meet who are blissfully unaware of the better poles and brushes and gadgets on the market, swivel, a-dapter.

Fan and 1mm jets, save water smaller tank, smaller van, cheaper roadtax, diesel etc,etc

I don't mind talking to other windies, but i let them start the chat now.

Helped a few in my time with wfp advice, shown em my setup, answered all their questions.

Roar past me without a wave :-[
Pleasure in the job puts perfection in the work.     - Aristotle

jimiwindows

« Reply #33 on: December 07, 2012, 11:14:55 am »
i thought every one up north was friendly. down here in londons westend we all talk and help each other.

CleanClear

« Reply #34 on: December 07, 2012, 05:07:35 pm »
All the local windies like to chat to me. Ranging from...."if i see you here again i'll have the van off ya", "i'll find out where you live and torch the van", "if i see you here again i'll do you and your van in". And them some are even more social and like to phone up and say "if the van is not gone out of [insert name of road] i'll go round and smash his head in". Always full of chat and summat to say. Thats Liverpool anyway. I always thought Southerners where a little more introvert and rarely spoke ? Can't beat the banter we have here.
*Status*--------Currently Online---------

Ian101

« Reply #35 on: December 07, 2012, 05:55:16 pm »
All the local windies like to chat to me. Ranging from...."if i see you here again i'll have the van off ya", "i'll find out where you live and torch the van", "if i see you here again i'll do you and your van in". And them some are even more social and like to phone up and say "if the van is not gone out of [insert name of road] i'll go round and smash his head in". Always full of chat and summat to say. Thats Liverpool anyway. I always thought Southerners where a little more introvert and rarely spoke ? Can't beat the banter we have here.

calm down calm down  ;)

hope your voting for Chris !

rz

« Reply #36 on: December 07, 2012, 07:27:35 pm »

thats what he thinks ;D

elite mike

« Reply #37 on: December 07, 2012, 07:37:23 pm »

thats what he thinks ;D

going to change your name to   JH   ;)

did your guys tell you about the black lads be chased by the old bill earlier ?

keyser soze

« Reply #38 on: December 08, 2012, 10:11:58 am »
windies are top blokes around here ..... respect all round ...

Tom White

« Reply #39 on: December 08, 2012, 02:17:35 pm »

with the exception of one prat  ;) and we all know who that is   ;D ;D ;D

Squeaky aint that bad!