Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here
Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

Window Washers

Re: sorry to dissapoint you guys/fogwash
« Reply #20 on: November 30, 2012, 12:07:30 am »
THE L5 STILL FLOWS WHEN THE HEATER CUTS OUT BUT AS LEE P SAID, ITS NOT AN ISSUE JUST TURNING THE FLOW OFF BETWEEN WINDOWS RESETS IT! ....ITS NO PROBLEM FOR ME *RUSSIAN ACCENT
so you don't have to go back to the van and faff about turning it back on and lighting it ?

If your not willing to learn, No one can help you, If you are determined to learn, No one can stop you ;)

Lee Pryor

« Reply #21 on: November 30, 2012, 12:10:55 am »
No you dont, there all the same, the water still flows its just the heat that cuts out. stoping the water flow at the pole end re sets the timer.

Since we are all domestic we dont clean for more than 20 min that often, and when we do we still cut the flow when moving around a house
The best way to predict the future is to create it.

Window Washers

« Reply #22 on: November 30, 2012, 12:14:23 am »
No you dont, there all the same, the water still flows its just the heat that cuts out. stoping the water flow at the pole end re sets the timer.

Since we are all domestic we dont clean for more than 20 min that often, and when we do we still cut the flow when moving around a house
cheers, be watching this with interest the new year I will be doing shed load of new cleans when you setting this up ?
If your not willing to learn, No one can help you, If you are determined to learn, No one can stop you ;)

CLEANCARE WC

« Reply #23 on: November 30, 2012, 12:14:45 am »
THE L5 STILL FLOWS WHEN THE HEATER CUTS OUT BUT AS LEE P SAID, ITS NOT AN ISSUE JUST TURNING THE FLOW OFF BETWEEN WINDOWS RESETS IT! ....ITS NO PROBLEM FOR ME *RUSSIAN ACCENT
so you don't have to go back to the van and faff about turning it back on and lighting it ?

NO NOT IF YOU TURN IT OFF BEFORE THE TIME OUT, BUT UNLESS ITS A LARGE COMMERCIAL YOU WILL GENERALLY TURN THE FLOW OFF AT SOME POINT IN THE 17 MINS (L5) GOING FROM FRONT TO BACK OF JOB FOR EXAMPLE. DEAD ENDING THE FLOW TURNS OFF THE HEATER WHEN IT SENSES WATER FLOW IT FIRES UP AGAIN.
WE CLEAN BY FAITH, NOT BY SIGHT WITH WATER FED POLE WHEN WORKING AT HEIGHT.

Lee Pryor

« Reply #24 on: November 30, 2012, 12:36:26 am »
im setting it up right now. when the heaters arrive next week all I need if the flu then down to the garden centre for the gas and the chap in the unit next to mine is a mechanic and will do a nice job of fitting it all in for me. I hope it will be all done by next weekend
The best way to predict the future is to create it.

Window Washers

« Reply #25 on: November 30, 2012, 12:50:31 am »
im setting it up right now. when the heaters arrive next week all I need if the flu then down to the garden centre for the gas and the chap in the unit next to mine is a mechanic and will do a nice job of fitting it all in for me. I hope it will be all done by next weekend
whats the overall costs without the fitting ? and any chance you could video it Or photos ? When in pays and finished

bobplum

« Reply #26 on: November 30, 2012, 07:32:09 am »
Dont know yet as I only ordered yesterday. Im expecting them next week. I didnt know there was a 6l one, can you post a link please.

I wanted 8l as we use a high flow rate, again this is quality based, and we want to be able to run 2 poles from one heater is we need to.

a 6L will be absolutely fine for 2 reels, the one in the link i got is a 5L and we run it just under half with the water being 40deg at the brush head.

im sure you realise, but the one that you ordered as a 20 min cut off timer

are they worth having lee

not sure what lee you meant  :o but is what worth having

sorry,the hot water system,do you think its a good investment,will you use it more and more or just for a few odd jobs etc

Lee GLS

« Reply #27 on: November 30, 2012, 07:33:44 am »
as I said up the thread i am putting a flu through the van roofs

Yes i know it has a 20 min timer. Im not sure why this is such an issue for people. just cut the water and it resets.

I Realise that it is not an issue with a one man setup, but if you are using 2 reels, then there is a good chance that the water will be running continuously for longer than 20 mins, and therefore the hot water will stop and you will have to wait for the hoses to heat up again.

It seems pointless having a hit system if it's going to cutoff, and you will not know about it, and then it takes a few mins for the hit water to come through again. (2 users only)

Lee GLS

« Reply #28 on: November 30, 2012, 07:41:30 am »
Dont know yet as I only ordered yesterday. Im expecting them next week. I didnt know there was a 6l one, can you post a link please.

I wanted 8l as we use a high flow rate, again this is quality based, and we want to be able to run 2 poles from one heater is we need to.

a 6L will be absolutely fine for 2 reels, the one in the link i got is a 5L and we run it just under half with the water being 40deg at the brush head.

not sure what lee you meant  :o but is what worth having

sorry,the hot water system,do you think its a good investment,will you use it more and more or just for a few odd jobs etc

Me personally, I think it's good, no freezing hoses in the winter, soft hoses, and it does clean quicker, it's really noticeable when you get snail trails how much less scrubbing they need. I will be using it all year.

Lee GLS

« Reply #29 on: November 30, 2012, 07:42:54 am »
By the way bob, I found a cheaper refillable gas bottle and external fill port of you are interested.

Dave Willis

« Reply #30 on: November 30, 2012, 07:45:28 am »
Do you know what fittings you will use on the van roof yet?

CLEANCARE WC

« Reply #31 on: November 30, 2012, 09:31:39 am »
as I said up the thread i am putting a flu through the van roofs

Yes i know it has a 20 min timer. Im not sure why this is such an issue for people. just cut the water and it resets.

I Realise that it is not an issue with a one man setup, but if you are using 2 reels, then there is a good chance that the water will be running continuously for longer than 20 mins, and therefore the hot water will stop and you will have to wait for the hoses to heat up again.

It seems pointless having a hit system if it's going to cutoff, and you will not know about it, and then it takes a few mins for the hit water to come through again. (2 users only)

i think you have a sticky letter on your key board!  ;D
WE CLEAN BY FAITH, NOT BY SIGHT WITH WATER FED POLE WHEN WORKING AT HEIGHT.

Crystal-clear

« Reply #32 on: November 30, 2012, 10:04:51 am »
For any one that is interested, this is the one I bought, I've been using it 4 weeks running 2 reels omfrom it. It has no 20 min timer, fires up perfectly, I am very please with it.

http://www.marey.com/productDetailsi.asp?productID=5

I'm not a tech person but is gas an issue could it be dangerous , it runs on gas right?

Window Washers

« Reply #33 on: November 30, 2012, 10:37:21 am »

not sure what lee you meant  :o but is what worth having

Me personally, I think it's good, no freezing hoses in the winter, soft hoses, and it does clean quicker, it's really noticeable when you get snail trails how much less scrubbing they need. I will be using it all year.
to me it is just a good way to do first cleans a little quicker and to allow us to work a little longer in the colder weather.
Will I use it day in day out, I really cant see it as cold does a very good job already, I hope im totally wrong and it increases profit, I am not looking for perfection as its over rated

bobplum

« Reply #34 on: November 30, 2012, 10:47:51 am »
By the way bob, I found a cheaper refillable gas bottle and external fill port of you are interested.

i am lee gls
im thinking of doing a lot of changes next year and one off them is hot water so if you can give me some details regarding the re fill system much appreciated
windowservices@btinternet.com

Crystal-clear

« Reply #35 on: November 30, 2012, 12:00:46 pm »
For any one that is interested, this is the one I bought, I've been using it 4 weeks running 2 reels omfrom it. It has no 20 min timer, fires up perfectly, I am very please with it.

http://www.marey.com/productDetailsi.asp?productID=5

I'm not a tech person but is gas an issue could it be dangerous , it runs on gas right?
I can see the Benefit of Easier cleans but 
Also how can you work longer when I'm sure hot water freezes faster then cold?
And with those pipes becoming soft could that cause an issue ?
So Also the danger factor question :)

I'm not against it I think ill go for it too if the questions to my answers basically work out ok

Lee GLS

« Reply #36 on: November 30, 2012, 12:27:28 pm »
Hot does freeze quicker when we are talking about making ice cubes with boiling water, but for window cleaning it is not an issue as you will not be using the water that hot in the winter.

As long as you use the right hose from the heater to the reel there is no safety issue.

What danger factor question are you talking about? It is only a simple setup, no more dangerous than having a gas bottle and gas equipment in a caravan.

Crystal-clear

« Reply #37 on: November 30, 2012, 01:14:00 pm »
is it easy to setup maybe someone should make a video on youtube and show us  ;D

danger im not sure i heard about crap blowing up so you are saying these wont catch fire or anything like that gas is flammable

Lee GLS

Re: Sorry to dissapoint you guys/fogwash
« Reply #38 on: November 30, 2012, 01:25:10 pm »
3 connection- water in from pump, water out to reel, gas in from bottle. They are no more dangerous than a BBQ, the biggest safety issue is making sure the gas bottle is secured properly in the back of the van.

Re: Sorry to dissapoint you guys/fogwash
« Reply #39 on: November 30, 2012, 01:47:34 pm »
Why do peeps hang on to the lips of the one  incidence and yet there are many more out there working perfectly. As a safety device I have a gas alarm I fitted which will pick up gas leeks and will also carbon monoxide all I will add is a fire extinguisher ,
I have fitted mine on my back door of my van which works well but I have had to fit covers on the sides of the gas heater unit and a flip up plate to direct the heat away from the body of the back door. This flap closes when the door closes.The unit has a heat meter on the boiler and switch at the bottom on the left hand side which I switch off when I close the back door. The only problem I had was the pressure building up in the hoses. You need to change the fitting on the system accordingly I seem to have go the system under control.John Guest fittings need inserts so one can keep the hoses from going soft a slipping out.