This is an advertisement
Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here

Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

Lee Pryor

Sorry to dissapoint you guys/fogwash
« on: November 29, 2012, 03:31:16 pm »
So after all that trying to buy 20 fogwash heaters from the maker of them in china, the woman decides to tell me at the last minute that their minimum order is 350 units!!!

I told her right from the start I wanted 20 so I dont know what went wrong there, so sorry guys.

I wanted a few myself and I have now bought from ebay the same ones that reach to clean sell called flamin hot. I paid £98 each for them rather than the £200 reach to clean want for the same thing.

Nathaniel Jones told me he had one that blew up! but I wanted 8L heaters with a round flue at the top to go out the roof of the van and these seemed like the best ones I could find on ebay. At that price I dont care if they only last a year as they will be very easy and cheap to replace.

I will be using 19kg propane bottles as these will last longer (we want to use hot on every house year round) and work out the cheapest for re-fills
The best way to predict the future is to create it.

DG Cleaning

Re: sorry to dissapoint you guys/fogwash
« Reply #1 on: November 29, 2012, 04:16:33 pm »
What are the advantages of hot wash other than the obvious one of working in the cold?

Frankybadboy

« Reply #2 on: November 29, 2012, 04:24:36 pm »
do you have a link to these you brought lee

wfp master

« Reply #3 on: November 29, 2012, 05:05:52 pm »
So after all that trying to buy 20 fogwash heaters from the maker of them in china, the woman decides to tell me at the last minute that their minimum order is 350 units!!!

I told her right from the start I wanted 20 so I dont know what went wrong there, so sorry guys.

I wanted a few myself and I have now bought from ebay the same ones that reach to clean sell called flamin hot. I paid £98 each for them rather than the £200 reach to clean want for the same thing.

Nathaniel Jones told me he had one that blew up! but I wanted 8L heaters with a round flue at the top to go out the roof of the van and these seemed like the best ones I could find on ebay. At that price I dont care if they only last a year as they will be very easy and cheap to replace.

I will be using 19kg propane bottles as these will last longer (we want to use hot on every house year round) and work out the cheapest for re-fills
why do you want to use hot all year round no point apart from really cold days like minus 10. do you get really cold winters where you are? just cant see the point.

Lee GLS

« Reply #4 on: November 29, 2012, 06:37:27 pm »
For any one that is interested, this is the one I bought, I've been using it 4 weeks running 2 reels omfrom it. It has no 20 min timer, fires up perfectly, I am very please with it.

http://www.marey.com/productDetailsi.asp?productID=5

Lee Pryor

« Reply #5 on: November 29, 2012, 06:46:22 pm »
we want to use hot year round simply because its better and gives a more consistant finish. its so cheap we wont even notice the cost. Its when you come to that one window with baked on bird mess. we also do so many first cleans, fascia and con roof cleans.

here is the one I bought

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/190757726216?ssPageName=STRK:MEWNX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1497.l2649

it does have the 20min timer but my guys dont really spend longer than that at a house anyway and they are easy enough to reset by cutting the water off. If they die I will try the one lee has posted

p1w1

« Reply #6 on: November 29, 2012, 06:52:14 pm »
For any one that is interested, this is the one I bought, I've been using it 4 weeks running 2 reels omfrom it. It has no 20 min timer, fires up perfectly, I am very please with it.

If i was to get one of these would there be enough ventilation for it just by leaving the back doors on the van open on each job while using it and can you only get them from the States??

Lee GLS

« Reply #7 on: November 29, 2012, 07:00:08 pm »

If i was to get one of these would there be enough ventilation for it just by leaving the back doors on the van open on each job while using it and can you only get them from the States??

Yes only from the states, and I use mine with the doors open and a semi riged flue pipe.

bobplum

« Reply #8 on: November 29, 2012, 07:04:07 pm »
we want to use hot year round simply because its better and gives a more consistant finish. its so cheap we wont even notice the cost. Its when you come to that one window with baked on bird mess. we also do so many first cleans, fascia and con roof cleans.

here is the one I bought

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/190757726216?ssPageName=STRK:MEWNX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1497.l2649

it does have the 20min timer but my guys dont really spend longer than that at a house anyway and they are easy enough to reset by cutting the water off. If they die I will try the one lee has posted

iam just looking at the 6l one,what was the company like to deal with,any problems on delivery etc

Lee Pryor

« Reply #9 on: November 29, 2012, 07:07:22 pm »
Dont know yet as I only ordered yesterday. Im expecting them next week. I didnt know there was a 6l one, can you post a link please.

I wanted 8l as we use a high flow rate, again this is quality based, and we want to be able to run 2 poles from one heater is we need to.

Lee GLS

« Reply #10 on: November 29, 2012, 07:26:47 pm »
Dont know yet as I only ordered yesterday. Im expecting them next week. I didnt know there was a 6l one, can you post a link please.

I wanted 8l as we use a high flow rate, again this is quality based, and we want to be able to run 2 poles from one heater is we need to.

a 6L will be absolutely fine for 2 reels, the one in the link i got is a 5L and we run it just under half with the water being 40deg at the brush head.

im sure you realise, but the one that you ordered as a 20 min cut off timer

bobplum

« Reply #11 on: November 29, 2012, 07:27:52 pm »

its on ebay,or if you go to there website its in there

PoleKing

« Reply #12 on: November 29, 2012, 07:28:53 pm »
In the listing, it says to be used in a ventilated space OR flued.
Obviously with the back door open it would be ventilated. I know you said it hasn't turned up yet but are you planning to flue it or use it as is?
If unflued (is that a word?!) can you let me know how you get on please?
I'm using Morco d61b without a flue and unless you get the heat exactly right it cuts out, assume this is the thermostat.
Also, on the one you get, can you see if the 20 minute timer is bypassable?

Thanks in advance

ps-in the long run it'll be cheaper to buy an LPG kit like you would use to run the engine from and run from that rather than bottles.
i use bottles but a mate uses the stuff from the petrol station. His works out about half the cost over a couple of years.

www.laneswindowcleaning.com
www.LanesWindowCleaning.com

It's just the internet. Try not to worry.

bobplum

« Reply #13 on: November 29, 2012, 07:29:16 pm »

a 6L will be absolutely fine for 2 reels, the one in the link i got is a 5L and we run it just under half with the water being 40deg at the brush head.

are they worth having lee

bobplum

« Reply #14 on: November 29, 2012, 07:30:53 pm »
In the listing, it says to be used in a ventilated space OR flued.
Obviously with the back door open it would be ventilated. I know you said it hasn't turned up yet but are you planning to flue it or use it as is?
If unflued (is that a word?!) can you let me know how you get on please?
I'm using Morco d61b without a flue and unless you get the heat exactly right it cuts out, assume this is the thermostat.
Also, on the one you get, can you see if the 20 minute timer is bypassable?

Thanks in advance

ps-in the long run it'll be cheaper to buy an LPG kit like you would use to run the engine from and run from that rather than bottles.
i use bottles but a mate uses the stuff from the petrol station. His works out about half the cost over a couple of years.

www.laneswindowcleaning.com

are they about £250 on ebay.i think i saw one

Lee GLS

« Reply #15 on: November 29, 2012, 07:32:39 pm »

not sure what lee you meant  :o but is what worth having

Halfadaylee

« Reply #16 on: November 29, 2012, 07:36:23 pm »

not sure what lee you meant  :o but is what worth having
##
I think he means hot water

Lee Pryor

« Reply #17 on: November 29, 2012, 11:26:44 pm »
as I said up the thread i am putting a flu through the van roofs

Yes i know it has a 20 min timer. Im not sure why this is such an issue for people. just cut the water and it resets.

Window Washers

« Reply #18 on: November 29, 2012, 11:52:34 pm »
as I said up the thread i am putting a flu through the van roofs

Yes i know it has a 20 min timer. Im not sure why this is such an issue for people. just cut the water and it resets.
its good your doing that and not contemplating taking of this safety feature.
Do you know if when it cuts out does the water still flow or does it stop the water coming out ?
If your not willing to learn, No one can help you, If you are determined to learn, No one can stop you ;)

CLEANCARE WC

« Reply #19 on: November 30, 2012, 12:05:15 am »
Do you know if when it cuts out does the water still flow or does it stop the water coming out ?

THE L5 STILL FLOWS WHEN THE HEATER CUTS OUT BUT AS LEE P SAID, ITS NOT AN ISSUE JUST TURNING THE FLOW OFF BETWEEN WINDOWS RESETS IT! ....ITS NO PROBLEM FOR ME *RUSSIAN ACCENT
WE CLEAN BY FAITH, NOT BY SIGHT WITH WATER FED POLE WHEN WORKING AT HEIGHT.