Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here
Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

mikey

Re: FAO, Andrew Willis. New HSE rules.
« Reply #80 on: November 16, 2012, 10:18:29 pm »
in the forces the rules are when you go through your lance jacks course beware of career stoppers  give them time  8) 8)

Window Washers

Re: FAO, Andrew Willis. New HSE rules
« Reply #81 on: November 16, 2012, 10:19:06 pm »
I'm fully qualified in H&S with IOSH and NEBOSH certification.

basically loads of people in the industry now take the most extreme measures of making sure nothing happens when in reality it should be managed carefully. By managing carefully most risks can be eliminated without annoying everyone with paperwork and over the top management.

It really cracks me up the amount of scaremainering by people who really dont have a clue. Saw it in my previous jobs and at H&S meeting and during audits.

taking a common sense approach is the best way.

like, and he is properly qualified
i used to speak to him a lot before he moved out of his job into window cleaning nice guy, remember helping him out :)

You can twist this as many times as you like qualified more or not as qualified, the question I would ask is have you don't anything to at least learn or are you another troll? James I have just had a look in your back posts wow quite shocking mr

no I am not a troll, I am always open to learning ;)
sorry mate replied from mobile whilst watch crap tv was not aimed at you, trolls know who they Are, they always put everything down join other trolls to make them feel there posts are justified and help know one. All forums sadly have them. Sorry Stuart ;)
If your not willing to learn, No one can help you, If you are determined to learn, No one can stop you ;)

Dave Willis

« Reply #82 on: November 16, 2012, 10:22:25 pm »
Ian,
Do your staff cordon off an area to match the height of the poles they use? Of course they don't!

I have no wish to travel thanks I have too much work. However, if the course was near by I might attend but Impact are losing the plot a bit on this forum.

JSMC

« Reply #83 on: November 16, 2012, 10:22:57 pm »
i'm no troll.

Window Washers

« Reply #84 on: November 16, 2012, 10:24:31 pm »
If your not willing to learn, No one can help you, If you are determined to learn, No one can stop you ;)

wightsurf

« Reply #85 on: November 16, 2012, 10:31:05 pm »
To cordon off a public highway dont you need council agreement first ?
And by doing so arent you then adding risk to the public by passing traffic,so then you need to add road signs so as to advise them (trafic)people are crossing then road.
So these road signs ,i would of thought would have to be put at least 50 yards either side.Then theres all theses cones ,i have only just got my lastest van.I new that HGV truck was what i should of got to carry all these signsand cones, Dam live and learn  ;D

mark311069

« Reply #86 on: November 16, 2012, 10:33:38 pm »
this all a load of bollacks, thank you and goodnight

Window Washers

« Reply #87 on: November 16, 2012, 10:34:24 pm »
And by doing so arent you then adding risk to the public by passing traffic,so then you need to add road signs so as to advise them (trafic)people are crossing then road.
So these road signs ,i would of thought would have to be put at least 50 yards either side.Then theres all theses cones ,i have only just got my lastest van.I new that HGV truck was what i should of got to carry all these signsand cones, Dam live and learn  ;D
you live on the isle of whitenist rhings are 20 years in front of you fella, I'm down at Christmas if you fancy having a coffee or a beer

wightsurf

« Reply #88 on: November 16, 2012, 10:47:58 pm »
I'm a bit of a hermit at chrismas,just decked out on the sofa with a bottle of remy martin cognac champagne   ;D give me a shout closer to xmas

James Leet

« Reply #89 on: November 16, 2012, 10:51:51 pm »

I made a similar post earlier, add some traffic lights to your HGV

watch it though, Window Washers will be onto you aswell, he doesnt like people criticizing his mates

Nice link soapy.

Now, once again andy, are you going to answer the question?

You said in your article that over 90% of window cleaning with waterfed pole was illegal because people don't courdon off the area to prevent the risk of falling poles.

Do you stand by this or not?  Do you think we should all be courdoning off the area when we use waterfed poles?

Its a very simple question.  It literally is a 'yes' or 'no' answer.

I must have missed this post, as its just plain idiotic, do we have to have portable traffic lights when we force pedestrians into the road ? i guess would will need to provide a safe walkway for them into the road ?

stuart mc

« Reply #90 on: November 16, 2012, 10:52:32 pm »
I am qualified at not very much if I need a certificate, but I am trained in the writing of risk assessments and method statements and coshh, also first aid, fire fighting and lots of other things, also trained in ladder use and wfp, can I prove any of it, no probably not, well maybe I could if I went up the attic and pulled a few course contents apart.

I took on a young lad via our local council and I was interviewed and interrogated by the H&S guy, he was happy with my answers, and allowed me to put the lad on a few courses, including using a ladder.

a H&S bloke from a job I did in a bus station rightly kicked the last contractor of site as he tried to wfp the windows in the day time. he tried to pull me up at 5am, I pointed out the risks of ladders and the lesser risk of tripping with no one around at 5am, he went for the lesser risk ;D it is common sense on most parts but I suppose a certificate helps protect you in case of a court case

James Leet

Re: FAO, Andrew Willis. New HSE rules
« Reply #91 on: November 16, 2012, 11:00:09 pm »

You can twist this as many times as you like qualified more or not as qualified, the question I would ask is have you don't anything to at least learn or are you another troll? James I have just had a look in your back posts wow quite shocking mr

Have i read that you do work for Mr Willis, i guess that means you have a ' vested interest ' , so i guess we shouldnt really take much notice as you wouldnt want to bite that the hand and all that

James Leet

« Reply #92 on: November 16, 2012, 11:02:49 pm »
Ian,
Do your staff cordon off an area to match the height of the poles they use? Of course they don't!

That would make them working ' Illegal " though  ::)

DG Cleaning

« Reply #93 on: November 16, 2012, 11:51:04 pm »
I don't believe anyone fails a NVQ course in washing windows if so they must require constant care and attention ;D

Steve Sed

« Reply #94 on: November 17, 2012, 06:23:34 am »
I am not a troll. I simply asked David what was wrong with working on flat roofs after he said that to keep legal we shouldn't and he held that question up as an example of ignorant window cleaners with a sarcastic comment. I then posted a link to a HSE paper that showed he was talking rubbish. Since then, other than a couple of "late night insights" he has not answered my question.

What is the problem with working off 1st floor flat roofs as long as ladder is safe and roof good and care taken?

Rest my case  ::)

Tony Edwards

« Reply #95 on: November 17, 2012, 09:20:11 am »
Fact Mr willis makes money out of his courses

Fact Mr willis treats people on this forum like idiots

Fact Mr willis never answers a question when challenged

Fact Mr willis is protected by the mods

I rest my case

concept

« Reply #96 on: November 17, 2012, 09:31:40 am »
The suppliers MUST only sell these lethal weapons on proof of a license being held, it's the only way we can put an end to all this madness!

James Leet

« Reply #97 on: November 17, 2012, 11:45:27 am »
Fact Mr willis makes money out of his courses

Fact Mr willis treats people on this forum like idiots

Fact Mr willis never answers a question when challenged

Fact Mr willis is protected by the mods

I rest my case

Correct

trevor perry

« Reply #98 on: November 17, 2012, 12:00:28 pm »
to be fair this topic has gone off topic to what it started and has turned into a slateing of andrew and impact 43, at the start of the topic it was discussed about increasing random visits to businesses by HSE officials and the handing out of fines for mis compliance it has now turned into what is acceptable practice and what isnt, in defence of Andrew he has run a cleaning business in the past and has been on the recieving end of a safety investigation so he has a very good insight into how HSE operate, on his course he shows the HSE legislation and how it may be interpreted, this is where i think the problem starts in that i and many others interprit these in a different way than Andrew or the HSE may do so arguments arise, whether any choose to do the course or not is upto them but the course is certainly a starting point to understanding what is expected of us in the workplace and how the HSE work, but getting back to the main topic is the concern of how strict these HSE visits are going to be and are they just a means of raising money i know for a fact that even after attending the impact 43 course and even if you put into practice all the areas andrew covered you would still not be compliant with the regs and could be open to a fine, Andrew may disagree with this last statement but i have come to realise me and Andrew disagree on a lot of things but i still value his opinion.
 The truth is we all want to work safe and most of us would be horified if we where to cause ourselves or anybody else any major injury, Andrew is running a business but he is also running a service in helping us understand HSE regs and work safer i like many others have the opinion these regs have gone to far in some areas ie risk of falling poles and working of low flat roofs  but we have to face it on many sites these regulations will be interpreted the way andrew says and firms will be made to work this way or loose the contract, i know personally on many jobs i wont follow these regs fully even though i kmow i am working safely but i also know if an accident happened i would be accountable for the actions i took by the HSE and solicitors chaseing a claim, i am also certain i could walk into any business going even Andrews and point to a mis compliance of some regulation so i guess we will just have to wait and see how many of these HSE visits happen, how strict the process is and finally what sort of fines they hand out untill then i think it is good to have discussions on these topics to try and come to an industry standard of practice that we all can follow where common sense prevails.
 i better go and put my hard hat on now ready for the barage of abuse ;D ;D
better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to speak out and remove any doubt

Moderator David@stives

« Reply #99 on: November 17, 2012, 12:17:46 pm »
Mr Willis is no more protected than any other user - FACT