Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here
Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

James Leet

Re: FAO, Andrew Willis. New HSE rules.
« Reply #60 on: November 16, 2012, 06:22:16 pm »
I've read some rubbish in my time on here but this Impact lot take the biscuit! ;D ;D

No No No

You can only have a biscuit if you pass the NVQ course ( i say pass,  is possible to fail NVQ level 1 ? ) the biscuit add's value to the course

Window Washers

« Reply #61 on: November 16, 2012, 06:38:22 pm »
I've read some rubbish in my time on here but this Impact lot take the biscuit! ;D ;D
whys that winpro ?

James it is possible to fail

it seems just because your not interested it has to be a waste of time, is it because you know everything already?
If your not willing to learn, No one can help you, If you are determined to learn, No one can stop you ;)

Frankybadboy

« Reply #62 on: November 16, 2012, 06:52:48 pm »
i think i should stay in bed all today i be no risk to any one then

life is a big risk,LOOK AT TOSH ;D ;D ;D

JSMC

« Reply #63 on: November 16, 2012, 07:35:58 pm »
I'm fully qualified in H&S with IOSH and NEBOSH certification.

basically loads of people in the industry now take the most extreme measures of making sure nothing happens when in reality it should be managed carefully. By managing carefully most risks can be eliminated without annoying everyone with paperwork and over the top management.

It really cracks me up the amount of scaremainering by people who really dont have a clue. Saw it in my previous jobs and at H&S meeting and during audits.

taking a common sense approach is the best way.

James Leet

« Reply #64 on: November 16, 2012, 08:34:19 pm »
I've read some b***ocks in my time on here but this Impact lot take the biscuit! ;D ;D
w

it seems just because your not interested it has to be a waste of time, is it because you know everything already?

Do i know everything, no

Do i need a worthless certificate, no

Do i earn a very good living from window cleaning, yes

Do i need Mr Willis to tell me how to work safely, no i can use my own common sense

I work on various sites with very strict H&S policies, work with the client, listen to what they want, i know 100 % that if i arrived on-site giving it the 'big un' with my NVQ they would laugh in my face

mark311069

« Reply #65 on: November 16, 2012, 08:59:21 pm »
its amazing what people will tell you just so you will sign up for a course that will make them money.  iam sorry to say that most H&S people have little man syndrome.

mikey

« Reply #66 on: November 16, 2012, 09:01:00 pm »
i bet your taking risks james leet but you dont know it yet 8) 8)

mark311069

« Reply #67 on: November 16, 2012, 09:09:58 pm »
we all take risks everyday, just crossing the road is a risk!!. where  does it stop thats the question? if it was down to impact 43 we would never get out of bed as we might slip over on the bathroom floor.

James Leet

« Reply #68 on: November 16, 2012, 09:20:51 pm »
we all take risks everyday, just crossing the road is a risk!!. where  does it stop thats the question? if it was down to impact 43 we would never get out of bed as we might slip over on the bathroom floor.

Agree'd

Controlled risks is the key here

Impact are not running these courses to ' save the WC'er ' they are making money out of it, people here seem to have forgotten that, the more they persuade that it is a must, the more money they make

mikey

« Reply #69 on: November 16, 2012, 09:24:24 pm »
i agree let them make money and and learn us more  8) 8)

mark311069

« Reply #70 on: November 16, 2012, 09:35:52 pm »
i agree let them make money and and learn us more  8) 8)
you need to take those dark glasses of the smiley faces and see the light.

mikey

« Reply #71 on: November 16, 2012, 09:46:36 pm »
ok  no problem  but these people are working hard to change

no smiley

Window Washers

« Reply #72 on: November 16, 2012, 09:53:46 pm »
we all take risks everyday, just crossing the road is a risk!!. where  does it stop thats the question? if it was down to impact 43 we would never get out of bed as we might slip over on the bathroom floor.

Agree'd

Impact are not running these courses to ' save the WC'er ' they are making money out of it, people here seem to have forgotten that, the more they persuade that it is a must, the more money they make

james do you Make money from your business? Do you lie to make it ?
If your not willing to learn, No one can help you, If you are determined to learn, No one can stop you ;)

mark311069

« Reply #73 on: November 16, 2012, 09:59:11 pm »
we all take risks everyday, just crossing the road is a risk!!. where  does it stop thats the question? if it was down to impact 43 we would never get out of bed as we might slip over on the bathroom floor.

Agree'd

james do you Make money from your business? Do you lie to make it ?

i make a living but i just clean windows, to most of my customers i am the last thing they think about in there lives, i do my job and get paid. if i started giving my customers all of this H7S crap they would find somebody eles asap

stuart mc

« Reply #74 on: November 16, 2012, 09:59:59 pm »

basically loads of people in the industry now take the most extreme measures of making sure nothing happens when in reality it should be managed carefully. By managing carefully most risks can be eliminated without annoying everyone with paperwork and over the top management.

It really cracks me up the amount of scaremainering by people who really dont have a clue. Saw it in my previous jobs and at H&S meeting and during audits.

like, and he is properly qualified

mark311069

« Reply #75 on: November 16, 2012, 10:01:18 pm »

liked

Window Washers

Re: FAO, Andrew Willis. New HSE rules
« Reply #76 on: November 16, 2012, 10:04:19 pm »

i used to speak to him a lot before he moved out of his job into window cleaning nice guy, remember helping him out :)

You can twist this as many times as you like qualified more or not as qualified, the question I would ask is have you don't anything to at least learn or are you another troll? James I have just had a look in your back posts wow quite shocking mr

Dave Willis

« Reply #77 on: November 16, 2012, 10:09:05 pm »
So why can't the impact team answer simple questions? It's no good making out we are all morons, then telling us we are breaking the law and telling us to attend their courses. If they aren't willing to talk to us then they can bugger off as far as I'm concerned.
Ian, you work with them but can't communicate any more why can't you talk?
Do your staff cordon off an area to match the height of the poles they use? Of course they don't!

stuart mc

Re: FAO, Andrew Willis. New HSE rules
« Reply #78 on: November 16, 2012, 10:14:29 pm »

i used to speak to him a lot before he moved out of his job into window cleaning nice guy, remember helping him out :)

You can twist this as many times as you like qualified more or not as qualified, the question I would ask is have you don't anything to at least learn or are you another troll? James I have just had a look in your back posts wow quite shocking mr

no I am not a troll, I am always open to learning ;)

Window Washers

« Reply #79 on: November 16, 2012, 10:15:41 pm »
So why can't the impact team answer simple questions? It's no good making out we are all morons and telling us to attend their courses. If they aren't willing to talk to us then they can bugger off as far as I'm concerned.
Maybe they don't sit on ciu all day mark etting you will get reply I'm sure, maybe they are not here tonight, be be honest I shouldnt be either but this dipstick on tv my wife's watching is boring me :)
Why don't you travel if you want to go on the course I had too