This is an advertisement
Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here

Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

Nathanael Jones

worry about your own business and stop reporting someone minding his own business, can't believe someone reported him to H&S and emailed the hotel ???

get a life lads

FFS Stuart,.. are you serious?

If that numpty had fallen or even dropped his squeegee - he could have killed an innocent passer by. What if you're mrs & little uns had been walking underneath & something happened??

THAT is why I made it my business!

stuart mc

the squeegie or him would land on the balcony on the first floor, and if he did it correctly with harness etc he could still drop a squeegie

poleman

the squeegie or him would land on the balcony on the first floor, and if he did it correctly with harness etc he could still drop a squeegie

What a load of Bollokcs  ???

simonr

That was on the Facebook window cleaners page ages ago. We got Andrew Willis to report him to health & safety (Andrew has the contacts), and a bunch of us sent e-mails to the hotel - none of us got a reply though,..

sorry but thats pure jobsworth

hang around pubs spotting drink drivers, that's worth while

stuart mc

What a load of Bollokcs  ???

what part, I agree he would probably bounce from the balcony and hit ground floor, stand by my squeegie though :P I know I have done it, dropped the squeegie that is, that balcony on the first floor is big enough to put a 2 meter double pointer on though, they are not as tight as you think

G Griffin

I won't read The Sun, so I've not seen it.
⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐

Dani J

He told me after this stunt he has been offered a job in next 007 movie with a 5 figure salary, so not bad for a days work  ;D ;D

G Griffin

I won't read The Sun, so I've not seen it.

watch it here then ;D
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2222890/Daredevil-window-cleaner-balances-floor-ledge-safety-harness-climbing-window.html

I won't read The.......... ;D.
I knew someone would put another link up. You wouldn't let me down, young Mac  ;).
⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐

rosskesava

Griff, get with it. It's now 2012.  ;D

The BBC have now shown the footage. I wouldn't like to be in that blokes shoes.

Is this wfp'er on the video anyone from this forum?

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-20105872
Just chant..... Hare Krsna, Hare Krsna, Krsna Krsna, Hare Hare, Hare Rama, Hare Rama, Rama Rama, Hare Hare. It's beats chanting Tory Tory or Labour Labour.

LWC

Did anyone get hurt? Did anyone die?

Nope, leave him to it if hes happy

stuart mc

Griff, get with it. It's now 2012.  ;D

The BBC have now shown the footage. I wouldn't like to be in that blokes shoes.

Is this wfp'er on the video anyone from this forum?

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-20105872

all very well using wfp as I do, but how would he do the bottom pains on the balcony's? top one and bottom one, and next time I see a wfp operator working at 40 or 80 foot should I report him for not cordoning off that distance in any direction, I don't think I will, and next time I see a ledge worker I will not report him either, I will do my my work safely and worry about myself

sorry ross that was not aimed at you, I just picked your video

Fin Clearview

Isn't grassing still grassing when your talking about window cleaners then?

prestigeclean

i was in rio three years ago and saw i guy doing exactly the same and he must have been at 15 storeys up !

trevor perry

this was common practice 30yrs ago for a number of reasons firstly everybody did it this way secondly it was a lot easier and quicker to climb onto ledges than hump a big ladder about and waste time climbing it and thirdly businesses would not pay for costly hire of cherrypickers for a small window cleaning job, i have done this sort of work at much higher heights and on much thinner ledges and nobody would have bat an eyelid but lets face it there is no need to work like this today the first three floors could easily of been accessed by WFP with a decent gooseneck and the fourth floor could of been cleaned from inside the balcony without climbing over to the exterior of it. when younger i used to enjoy the challenge of working that way but lets face it if you fell you where dead or badly crippled and getting a window clean is not worth such a sacrifice, i hope the cleaner in question can be educated to work safer in future.
better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to speak out and remove any doubt

jimiwindows

That was on the Facebook window cleaners page ages ago. We got Andrew Willis to report him to health & safety (Andrew has the contacts), and a bunch of us sent e-mails to the hotel - none of us got a reply though,..
[/quote

grass]

Nathanael Jones

grass

Idiot

[/quote

grass]
I feel like a character from the Sweeney  :)

sorry but thats pure jobsworth

hang around pubs spotting drink drivers, that's worth while

Grass and a jobs worth,   :'(

Well done to the small group that got on the case a couple of weeks back, the EHO are investigating and hopefully will take this through to a full prosecution, including the property owner, window cleaning company and the individual window cleaner.   

Lots of comments recently on how to clean this job, MEWPS, water fed pole etc, unless I am over looking the obvious these windows can be cleaned quite easily from inside the building as they are Sash design.

Not sure how you could effectively create a safety exclusion zone around your work area on that junction when using water fed pole anyway.

Interesting news clip last night on BBC News at Six, they show an example of a local window cleaner using a water fed pole at height as an example of how to clean windows safely and he has no signs, cones or safety controls in place. Excellent great example.

On a positive note, well done Mark at Gleaming Insurance for stepping in at the last moment and represent the window cleaning industry. Did us proud.

Lastly the news clip stated the FWC have advised they are going to report the matter to the HSE, sorry on this your about Two weeks too late   ::)