Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here
Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

CLEANEAST CARPETS

Pound for pound the best value carpet cleaner
« on: January 28, 2006, 06:54:39 pm »
Cleaned a lounge/diner on friday, 26.5sq/m.
It took 2hours 30minutes from arrival to departure.
Cost was £92.75 but due to 10% seniors discount collected cheque for £83.48.
Job was from a recommendation, and customer was very pleased with results ;D

We do an outstanding clean everytime due our quest to strive for excellence.
We follow the exact cleaning critera as taught to us by Paul Pearce on the IICRC training course,and our professionalism follows through to our on-site survey of every job,and our results of 90% acceptance,a good percentage being at time of survey,added to our now growing repeat and referal business,indicates that with less than a year in this industry it is quite possible we do provide the best value carpet cleaning in the country :o :o :o ;D ;D ;D
If not against the old hands but surely against the newbies

Barbara and Adam Gill

gwrightson

Re: Pound for pound the best value carpet cleaner
« Reply #1 on: January 28, 2006, 09:57:16 pm »
dont think so ;D ;D     
  geoff

who ever said dont knock before u try ,i never tried dog crap but i know i wouldnt like  haha

Mike Halliday

« Reply #2 on: January 28, 2006, 09:58:31 pm »
less than £30 /hr ::) ::)

you can tell you've only been in business a year, come back and see us in 10 yrs when you come to your senses and a you're earning triple that

Mike
Mike Halliday.  www.henryhalliday.co.uk

Martin S

« Reply #3 on: January 28, 2006, 09:59:45 pm »
Barbara and Adam,

Don't be so modest!!  Have confidence in your abilities  ;D ;D
Martin

therapist

« Reply #4 on: January 28, 2006, 10:26:22 pm »
While you are attempting to 'do it right' and follow the advice of Paul Pearce who is a very knowledgable and excellent trainer, through whom I also became IICRC registered - since allowed to lapse -  you are still a novice in this industry.

Nothing wrong with your attitude, it's positive and at the stage of your business and experience, or lack of it, your charges are about right, in my opinion.

You are most defininately not the best, there are several of us, or so we think.

You should continue to follow the guidelines, but experiment with systems and products, go to open days and keep an open mind.

Good Luck

robert m

tony harrison

« Reply #5 on: January 28, 2006, 10:38:06 pm »
Pauls excelent training may have been passed onto the pair of you but you have certainly not picked up his modesty.

therapist

« Reply #6 on: January 28, 2006, 10:43:34 pm »
   :-[

Art

« Reply #7 on: January 29, 2006, 12:05:01 am »
Barbara and Adam,

Well done.  if your giving a good honest service and making money that you are happy with then that's what counts.  ;D

Arthur

Ian Rochester

« Reply #8 on: January 29, 2006, 05:29:52 am »
Barbara/Adam,

A VERY bold statement to make,  ::) especially for having so little experience and knowledge of how good or bad your peers are performing and what they are charging!  I would perhaps allow you to make this statement within your own catchment area, but not nationally! ::)

Actually if you are charging £3.50/m that is not necessarily best value, it's actually very much towards the top end of the price scale!

Cleaning a carpet well and getting a reasonable return for it is not a difficult task, it's when you encounter the problem stains and how you deal with them that makes a good cleaner.

You do not yet have anywhere near enough experience to have been subjected to anything like enough problems to declare yourself the BEST VALUE CARPET CLEANER IN THE COUNTRY.

I have been doing this for 3 years, work 5-6 days a week, have a very good customer repeat/referral database, have never had a complaint and still encounter new problems that I have never seen before......and I charge less than you!!   

So I must be better value than you!.....but probably still not the BEST!

I would suggest you continue what you are doing to the best of your ability and refrain from making anymore glib statements that you are unable to substantaite and that only end up alienating you from your peers.

ps: Were both of you doing this? If so, then 5 manhours to clean a small carpet is horrendously long, even 2.5hrs is excessive, and your hourly rate is down to £16/hour gross, hardly anything to brag about!

I'm off to clean a control room now, Sunday morning, 4 hours work for two of us every two months, £800........good value??  I like to think so! ;D ;D

cleaning co

« Reply #9 on: January 29, 2006, 05:35:57 am »
barb and adam, u are a credit to carpet cleaners all over the world, hail the new gods !!! i drop before your feet to kiss them, i and others are not worthy of beening in your presence  HAIL THE NEW GODS OF THE CARPET FIBURE !!!

YOURS HUMBLEY  GARY

carpetclean

« Reply #10 on: January 29, 2006, 07:53:33 am »
Well said Lionheart. no offence to barbara and alan but you are right it takes experience to be good at anything. adam jankowski who trained me,  very passionate at what he does very experienced still admits to not knowing everything and comes accross problems now and again who knows what the next job will bring!!
NCCA   IICRC

name peter reed

Ian Gourlay

« Reply #11 on: January 29, 2006, 08:25:00 am »
Babara and Adam ,

Congratulationson Becoming The Best Cleaners on the Planet,

I was in the process of establishing an outpost in Suffolk, daughter moved from the Halliday Wrightson terriortory to Eye but I can see I will have to abandoned those plans ;D ;D ;D

Glad things are now going well

Ian

CLEANEAST CARPETS

« Reply #12 on: January 29, 2006, 08:59:54 am »
Morning,
Thanks for all of your comments ;D ;D

Try this- Never mind if the customer isn't happy,
              If we're not happy,there is no charge.

Take that to the bank,it's pure gold ;) ;) ;)

therapist

« Reply #13 on: January 29, 2006, 10:38:24 am »
There's nothing new, just recycled, but you're doing some positive things and as I said already.
You are probably where you ought to be, pricewise, with your limited experience.

BEST WISHES

R M

Mike Halliday

« Reply #14 on: January 29, 2006, 11:04:08 am »
Never mind if the customer isn't happy,
              If we're not happy,there is no charge.

So if you have a bad week suffering from really bad depression you won't make any money ::) ::) 

I often leave a job not happy with the results (because I aim for perfection), but usually the customer is over the moon with the results.

all you are saying is when you arrive at a customers house you expect to do low quality workmanship, so when you do a mediocre job you're happy, so will charge the customer.

a very poor work ethic.

MIke

Mike Halliday.  www.henryhalliday.co.uk

Bernard Hibbs

« Reply #15 on: January 29, 2006, 12:10:31 pm »
What machine are you using?  It seems like it takes a little long to set up.  You should get a Ninja.  Then you coudl have done the above mentioned job in under 1 hour, and made good money.  Just some advice from a very inexperianced carpet cleaner!!
Trying really hard to clean all of East London!

Ian Gourlay

« Reply #16 on: January 29, 2006, 06:02:31 pm »

We do an outstanding clean everytime due our quest to strive for excellence.
We follow the exact cleaning critera as taught to us by Paul Pearce on the IICRC training course,and our professionalism follows through to our on-site survey of every job,and our results of 90% acceptance,a good percentage being at time of survey,added to our now growing repeat and referal business,indicates that with less than a year in this industry it is quite possible we do provide  one of the best cleaning services

Barbara and Adam Gill

My Question is are you doing a paper Survey , or have you got the lap top presentation.

Also what % of enquiries are you getting to Survey.

Are you sending out letter prior to Survey?

Doug Holloway

« Reply #17 on: January 29, 2006, 06:16:02 pm »
Hi Guys,

I've lost 11 pounds in the last two weeks and as my carpet cleaning has stayed about the same ,  my pound for pound performance is increasing ;)

On a serious note  a newby will take longer to achieve similar results but as he/she generally has longer,  then why not take a bit more time?

Cheers

Doug

lyn taylor

« Reply #18 on: January 29, 2006, 06:50:36 pm »
Hello its Lyn Taylor from selfclean, I have just spent the last hour reading some very unprofessional comments, I will make no remarks about the company in question, because they run their business as they think correct for them, there has never been and never will be a set price sq.mt. it depends on who and what wants doing, we have large contracts with 4 Blue chip companies covering the whole of the north. You have to work with your clients, looking after each other.   As for domestic`s different matter completely it depends on where, how big, quality of client, if your good at your business you will know what I mean by that remark. Some people have money to burn, others have to watch every penny, so you adjust accordingly.  I dont have to advertise or look for the business, am lucky, but that doesn`t make me clever, just in the right place at the right time.   And as for anyone getting 3.50 s.m. prove it.  Unless your talking about the south, then maybe, but only just. I clean Harvey Nics, the bigger they are the less they want to pay............and they without doubt would not pay 3.50.  But please show us the evidence..................... 

Martin S

« Reply #19 on: January 29, 2006, 07:20:14 pm »
Some people have money to burn, others have to watch every penny, so you adjust accordingly. 

I agree

And as for anyone getting 3.50 s.m. prove it.

??? ???

Lyn,

Are you not contradicting yourself!!
Martin