Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here
Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

Martin S

Re: Pound for pound the best value carpet cleaner
« Reply #60 on: February 10, 2006, 03:34:28 pm »
Cheers Dave.  Will try and e-mail you sometime over the weekend.  ;)

Regards.

Martin
Martin

cleaning co

« Reply #61 on: February 10, 2006, 03:48:31 pm »
lol so u are telling me that u would charge and get (typical 3 bed house)
living room 12x18 ft= £250
dining room 12x12ft=£160
bedroom 12x12ft x3= £480
hall stairs landing=£250
toilet  3x6ft=£30
bathroom 6x12ft=£80
total= £1250 !!!  LMFCO ;D  U ARE AWAY WITH THE LITTLE FAIRYS AT BOTTOM OF YOUR GARDEN ,STILL LMFCO ;D   QUICK WATCH OUT DUCK!!! ITS A FLYING PIG !! LMFCO REALLY BAD ;D
NEVER HEARD SO MUCH BXXXXIT IN MY LIFE

Neil Grainger

« Reply #62 on: February 10, 2006, 03:53:42 pm »
Dave

Where are you based and what is your client base? I know a guy in Bradford charges £10 a sq m but he only deals with high end people.

Neil

Martin S

« Reply #63 on: February 10, 2006, 04:00:28 pm »
Gary,

You make me die.  :D :D

btw, what does LMFCO mean??  :-\

Regards
Martin

Martin S

« Reply #64 on: February 10, 2006, 04:46:08 pm »
Gary,

I see,  ;) thought it was somthing like that.  Tried e-mailing you back but it wouldn't go, don't know whether it's your or my end!

Regards.
Martin

therapist

« Reply #65 on: February 10, 2006, 05:20:17 pm »
OK there is a trick in here somewhere, because no one, particularly wealthy people would pay this for a CARPET CLEANING service, unless, of course, it's for 4, or 5 cleans over a set period of time, with added value

r m

cleaning co

« Reply #66 on: February 10, 2006, 05:44:25 pm »
the trick is to giv the little fairy 20 pounds to go and price the job up  whilst the flying pig is hitting the custy round back head with wet kipper !!! ;)

Liahona

« Reply #67 on: February 11, 2006, 11:41:19 am »
I  thought this was a site where we as cleaners could learn different ideas about what it is that we do. However it would appear I was mistaken......... Indeed there is a cleaner in Bradford who also charges approx. a pound per square foot and constantly gets it as you would say......... What is so difficult in charging a pound a foot. Maybe you should look at what it is that you do when in a house. Maybe it is I do more for my monies charged but then I have more time I can spend in the house because I am charging more....... To those who ridicule my posts, maybe you cant charge what I do so maybe you should change what it is that you do........ To those who know me know what I charge and that I get it on every job. To the question of my clientelle, yes it is very high end and to the contary of what has been written they will pay what the value of the carpet stipulates to be charged. In fact I am sure that those who mock me charge more as a percentage to the carpet they are working on than I do....... For an example and of course I have no idea what type of carpets you work on....... If you are cleaning a carpet that is worth say £40 a yard and charge 50p a foot then that will be a certain percentage (I am not oing to work it out)..... I work on carpets upwards of £150 a yard and in some cases £450 a yard..... as i charge between £1 and £1:50 a foot then it is you that is over priced, however you want to put it or have it put I charge what I do and dont have any problems..... I am not here to mock although would have great fun in doing so......... Accordingly if you want to e-mail me then feel free to do so and I will gladly go through what I do and why I get what I do...... A cleaner I know who was charging 45p per foot now charges 75p to his and her same customers and they "get" it all the time. By the time you protect it at say 50p a foot that would be £1:25....... I spent a day with them and now I know when they cover for me and I them they are doing a job worth a pound a foot. ....It is not difficult to charge a pound if thats what you are worth to do the job. Lastly to the person who priced a ficticious house, no I wouldnt charge that much, after it goes over a thousand pounds I pay the Vat in other words after a thousand I discount 17.5 %., still I would imagine I am worth more than you..... I do a lot for the money I charge but have the time to do it in. My suggestion is that you do more for the customer in more time for more money and you wont have to rush to the next job. I clean only one house a day unless of course it is a big house and it takes more days to do it in...... kleenrte@hotmail.com or kleenrte@tiscali.co.uk are the addresses you can e-mail me at........ Again if we all charged a pound a foot then we wouldnt be having these discussions, but then of course you have to do a job worth a pound a foot, I do.

Doug Holloway

« Reply #68 on: February 11, 2006, 01:00:25 pm »
Hi guys,

Prices will vary and make for a challenging discussion , however insults will not be tolerated .

Cheers

Doug

Liahona

« Reply #69 on: February 11, 2006, 01:28:13 pm »
if I insulted anyone then my apologies. Wasnt my intentions. My intentions are that we should all charge more for our services and I am happy to explain what and how I do what. Cheers and sorry again if it needs to be said.

Doug Holloway

« Reply #70 on: February 11, 2006, 01:43:55 pm »
Liahona,

Thanks for that .

What is your name?

I do agree that we should all try to get higher prices , as this allows more time to do a really good job and more money to invest in better equuipment.

Cheers

Doug

Dave_Lee

« Reply #71 on: February 11, 2006, 02:32:47 pm »
Barbara and Adam,
Oh dear! Theres nothing like a bit of ego is there. Unfortunately self praise is no praise. When you get deserved respect from other experienced pro's, then you can feel your ego is justified, saying you must be the best newbie around, isnt saying much at all, is it.
Dave.
Dave Lee, Owner of Deepclean Services
Chorley Lancs. Est 1980.
"Pay Cheap -You get Cheap - Pay a little more and get something Better."

Liahona

« Reply #72 on: February 11, 2006, 02:46:07 pm »
Doug, sorry mate I thought you knew, it is Dave, called a variety of things but Dave will do for now, cheers.

therapist

« Reply #73 on: February 11, 2006, 02:58:02 pm »
OK Dave, following your long  posting I retract my comments and if you're getting that kind of payment, you are clearly doing something right.

best wishes

rob m

Liahona

« Reply #74 on: February 11, 2006, 03:34:59 pm »
Rob, thankyou for the reply.......we suppose sometimes that we have a lot of monies put into our equipment and charge accordingly.....ie not always I know but most truck mount techs charge more than the portable ones. (not always so no need to say otherwise)..... I have almost 40 thousand pounds invested in my set up just with that alone wouldnt it be fair I charge more........ I have many differences I am sure in how I do things, for one I take sometimes 2 hours or so just to set up maybe a 1000 square foot of carpet. Just to set up 3 or 4 air movers, maybe even a dehu and wrap yes wrap all the hoses take a considerable time. Then to return the next day to pick it all up again (not on all jobs)......... you see my point, hope this helps why I charge what i charge, cheers, Dave.

Rousey

« Reply #75 on: February 11, 2006, 03:47:17 pm »
Gary (Essex no1 cleaner), You really are short sighted! In the service industry (domestic) there are and always will be a massive difference in cost for the same service. Liahona is correct. A client who buys a carpet for £100 sq yard is not going to have a splash and dash £40 clean!!! They want the secruity that the carpet cleaner will look after there investment, and they are prepared to pay for it. The new breed of carpet cleaner are more turned on to this through market research and charge for it.

I suggest that you calm down with your flying pigs statements and try to believe that other people in the same industry as you charge more and make more money per clean. I know (6 personally) who chargeup to £1.00 per sq foot and get the jobs regulary.

I myself charge such prices ( my market is to the top 5% earners) and have been fully booked up . I also do just one job per day. last week 5 jobs and I earned 4 figures...no flying pigs, no boll**ks.

I just wanted to put the record straight as I find your posts annoying when you disbelieve what other cleaners can and will continue to earn.

Just think about..A painter can come into your house and charge you £200 the next £400 for the same job and people with money will always, 95% go with the more expensive because they go the extra yard to look after there home whilst painting it...it's the same with carpet cleaning.

Well done Liahona.

Liahona

« Reply #76 on: February 11, 2006, 05:18:21 pm »
Markrouse, cheersmate couldnt have put it better myself....... In closing I wont mention names but a mechanic working on a small car gets what he gets....... a mechanic working on an elite car gets what he gets, considerably more..... i wonder why after all he is just a mechanic the same as the first one..... ooooohhhhhhhhh maybe he charges more because of what he works on, no different in carpet cleaning, cheers, Dave.