This is an advertisement
Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here

Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

john martin

Re: New Altec Machine
« Reply #20 on: September 16, 2012, 09:54:39 pm »
So the new machine is £3370 + VAT and a new Jag will cost around £2600 + VAT
How much better will the new machine preform for a lot more money?

Thats a fair point  ...

The heater will be included which jag buyers would have to pay 500 or so extra for ( or does it not need heat  ;D )
Jag has two cords no heat ( 3 cords needed for heat ... alltec just needs two cords )

The APO is optional  ... I know i could live with out it , can be fussy too .

Quality /design / appearance  is subjective but i know which i'd choose .

The look/design of the alltec is also an ugly bugger!!

Alltec have obviously built a good, powerful  machine. But why the hell do they make them look like crap?

IMO

lol , I suppose function dictates form a bit  .....  like an mpv car ends up boxy

other Design advantages with the alltec , in my opinion would also include ...

Waste tank has molded bottom recess and low waste gate to completely empty waste water ...
twin stacks for good airflow + they rise to the top of the raised lid , less likely to suck in foam and have electronic cutoff  ( this exact design is now used in new top mytee LTD range also ... but alltec have done it for years )

Shaun_Ashmore

« Reply #21 on: September 16, 2012, 10:13:24 pm »
You do have to look at what you want the machine for and how you want to use it, I have a jag and it's as light as a feather I can easily put in the back of my van with my knees shaking like a dog having a poo.

Shaun

stuart_clark

« Reply #22 on: September 19, 2012, 11:36:55 pm »
I bought a Scorpion five years ago and its still going strong! although i have had a new set of vac motors and a couple of pump heads!
Nick has tried to Gagg me over this but in July last year, i took delivery of my new Jaguar! I was probably one of the first to get one and yes it does seem a bit more powerfull than the Scorpion, But It is Probably the most unreliable machine i have ever owned!

*Hector*

« Reply #23 on: September 20, 2012, 07:12:54 am »
I bought a Scorpion five years ago and its still going strong! although i have had a new set of vac motors and a couple of pump heads!

Triggers Broom ??

;D ;D ;D
Everyday this forum slips further from God.  :'(

clinton

« Reply #24 on: September 20, 2012, 07:23:39 am »
always found the alltec machines built to last with there fibreglass body..

The downside its  a little heavier to move around mind.

Doug Holloway

« Reply #25 on: September 20, 2012, 08:00:12 am »
Hi Guys

I had a look at the new machine yesterday.

It has 2 heat exchangers, one each side. they are electric and run off seperate leads, so one vac/heat exchanger per lead.

It also has a 3kw in tank heater which you use when setting up, pre spraying etc and then use use the heat exchangers when cleaning to produce really hot water. You cannot use both at the same time, too much power required.

As always with Altec it looked a good solid build.

Must also say that I had a problem with my TM which Chris sorted quickly and I was on my way back to complete a big commercial and even got home in time for a beer. The atmosphere at Altec was very welcoming and I really do believe we need local quality suppliers and should support them.

Cheers

Doug

Russ Chadd

« Reply #26 on: September 20, 2012, 09:30:57 am »
Im sure its a quality piece of kit, looking at the control panel i cant see any cheap components used, however i do like to be able to monitor my solution and recovery tanks, and clear tanks on the Jag allows me to do that.
Four grand would probably buy a reasonable good second hand TM, I see the point of fitting two heat exchangers... however i cant see the logic if you have a good enough inline heater and using chemicals which don't necessarily require heat to improve performance.
Fibre glass looks lovely when new...  ;)

Ian Gourlay

« Reply #27 on: September 20, 2012, 09:57:41 am »
 I read the hear exchanger was 2 Killo Watts but is that each  because in my opinion having an Ashbys " KilloWatt heat Exchanger I do not think it heats water enough for extreme situations like pubs or lots of gum I like to see real steam like they had on the trains in the olden days.

Paul Redden Countryfresh

« Reply #28 on: September 20, 2012, 03:57:27 pm »
Off topic I know but how many peeps have tried to squash the bug on Hector's post?
"So basically its a big vax!"

stuart_clark

« Reply #29 on: September 20, 2012, 04:14:10 pm »
I had my Jag ten months and had gone through 6 number two vacume motors! The Jag is Cheap and Powerful, Quiet and Light  but very unreliable! and its not just me thats had trouble,! Joe hatton is on his third number two vacume motor in three months, and he is only part time

*Hector*

« Reply #30 on: September 20, 2012, 04:25:08 pm »
Off topic I know but how many peeps have tried to squash the bug on Hector's post?

;D ;D
Everyday this forum slips further from God.  :'(

Shaun_Ashmore

« Reply #31 on: September 20, 2012, 04:31:10 pm »
Yes Doug the atmosphere around alltec is very relaxed chris hasn't got nervous energy like Robert used to.

Shaun

Craigp

« Reply #32 on: September 20, 2012, 04:33:04 pm »

Triggers Broom ??

;D ;D ;D

Hector I thought the exact same thing!! lol, Hilarious that was!  ;D

What was it, "Ive had this same broom for 15 years, in that time it had 8 new heads and 10 new handles"  ;D

Billy Russell

« Reply #33 on: September 20, 2012, 04:42:05 pm »
I had my Jag ten months and had gone through 6 number two vacume motors! The Jag is Cheap and Powerful, Quiet and Light  but very unreliable! and its not just me thats had trouble,! Joe hatton is on his third number two vacume motor in three months, and he is only part time

i can see why he's trying to sell it now

Doug Holloway

« Reply #34 on: September 20, 2012, 05:09:58 pm »
Hi Guys

Stuart, have all those been covered on waranty, it must have cost a fortune.

i thought my Excel was unreliable some years ago but I only needed about4 vac motors a year.

My Altec Advance has done 1800 on the original vacs although it is rarely used now.

Cheers

Doug

stuart_clark

« Reply #35 on: September 20, 2012, 05:37:25 pm »
Yes Doug
they were all replaced on warantee, but Solutions denied its a design fault, even though I swapped the number one vacume around to the number two position! it lasted I think a month before it blew

Andrew Briscoe

« Reply #36 on: September 20, 2012, 07:12:36 pm »
Dosnt the Jag have auto-dump ?
in which case it is most likely design fault or just bad luck :o

Paul Moss

« Reply #37 on: September 20, 2012, 07:27:04 pm »
Stuart, you where an avid fan at one time watch you don't end up getting kicked off cleantalk :D

stuart_clark

« Reply #38 on: September 20, 2012, 07:40:37 pm »
Paul
I couldn't care less mate, Cleantalk isn't what it used to be! folk need to know the Truth about the Jag! It isn't as good as Nick says it is! the rear motor has no Airflow around it and unlike the Airflex and the Evolution , The Jag has no Cooling extracta fans in its lower casings and that IMOO is why the the number two motor keeps failing! There are many people with the same problem , I just couldnt keep on like that , eating a vac motor at a rate of ione a month! I demanded my money back! So Edd valentine made me another Scorpion by Special order as the have ceased making that machine now! Nothing wrong with the Scorpion realy! Not perfect build quality . but a Good machine all the same! No real vacume shutt off but after five years of owning one, ive got used to it by now

stuart_clark

« Reply #39 on: September 20, 2012, 07:45:44 pm »
Andrew
The Jag does have an auto dump mate, but that dosen't work properley either! it just cant keep up with demand, if your wand is forever on the carprt like me! ok if you sit down for five mins or so, but as soon as the wand is in contact with the carpet it stops pumping waste water, so pointless realy