This is an advertisement
Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here

Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

P @ F

Smashed conny roof (HELP)
« on: May 03, 2012, 04:00:45 pm »
Thoughts welcome on what i should do .....

Got a call 9.15 last night from custie , he said im not acusing you but i find it strange that the windows get cleaned and roof is shattered when i come home !

I went to see it today but they were not home , this is what i found , it wasnt like that when i got there and it wasnt like that when i left at 4pm .

I definately did not do it , so how could this happen ?????  ???  ?????

Rich
I'm so lazy I'm getting tired of it !

Blue Frog Systems

Re: Smashed conny roof (HELP)
« Reply #1 on: May 03, 2012, 04:05:52 pm »
You need to check the area for debris that could have come off the roof... check the conny gutters too. If no joy, ask the neighbours if they heard anything.

Also take a photo of the impact point too
Only those who risk going too far will truly know how far they can actually go

Roy Cauldery

« Reply #2 on: May 03, 2012, 04:19:52 pm »
As above-and why did it take 5 hours for them to call you if you left at 4p.m?
Might be a long shot,but are there any home cctv systems on any neighbouring properties?
You may have to get police involved(possible break in-neighbours hear starnge sounds etc..)?
Maybe involve your insurer if it looks like your gonna kop for the blame(not an admission of guilt but will help keep you at arms length if they have to negotiate on your behalf)
Definetly got to consider every angle no matter how daft it might seem as this will uphold your proffesional image in the eyes of the customer

Good luck

Roy
we succeed because others can't or won't

P @ F

« Reply #3 on: May 03, 2012, 04:20:26 pm »
Done all that , gutters have nothing in them , there is an impact point on the pane , funnily enough it looks just like the corner of a superlight has hit it !
One thing i have noticed is there is a football in the corner that im sure wasnt there yesterday ?
They have kids , but are in late teens, i just cant see them with this undersized ball , also if you look at the pic there is a row of houses right behind , maybe it came over the fence.

Rich

« Reply #4 on: May 03, 2012, 04:21:43 pm »
thats a tile come off the roof or some render that is

Cliff perkins

« Reply #5 on: May 03, 2012, 04:22:10 pm »
Tell them u found a bit of roof tile in the gutter must have washed of with the rain,regardless what u say they are trying to pull a fast 1 and claim on your insurance.it might be that it happened while they were out still doesnt mean it was you.
They have nobody else to blame.
Same thing happened to me once and i know i didnt do it aswell.stick by your guns mate if you know it wasnt you.
Www.1stglasswindowcleaning.co.uk

« Reply #6 on: May 03, 2012, 04:22:45 pm »
never in a million years would a football or superlight do that, it has ben hit with force with something heavy, they are designed not to smash easily

LWC

« Reply #7 on: May 03, 2012, 04:48:07 pm »
Gulp is all i can say when i see that pic.

But like said youd have to hit that with some force, and how would you at that angle? Is that the fence on the other side, surely your no where near that pain and reach over the front of the conserv. If that makes sense?

Anyway, im stuck on what to say, but i cant see youve done it...and if you had of, youd of known about it when you were there cause it wouldve made a hell of a noise

mick hay

« Reply #8 on: May 03, 2012, 05:02:40 pm »
On 2 occasions, 2 different customers of mine have had panes of double glazing shatter for no reason. One was sitting in the conservatory when it went.

Just so your armed with some info, ask a glazing company if they know of any reason why this happens. It could just be a coincidence that you cleaned it, and it shattered after.

S.A.J

« Reply #9 on: May 03, 2012, 05:03:43 pm »
Ask a conservatory company to have a look and see if they can tell you/custy how it broke!!  ???

How old is the conservatory? might have been a defected panel I have heard of some just randomly shattering!! (not that common tho)

Or a bird flying over and dropped something I have heard of that too!!

Apart from that mate I dont know!!  ??? ???

bobplum

« Reply #10 on: May 03, 2012, 05:04:08 pm »
the short answer is you will never know
The problem is what do you do
say not me and loose customer
say not me but will go half on a new pane
say not me but will replace,(if its cheaper enough)

only you can decide

keyser soze

« Reply #11 on: May 03, 2012, 05:52:35 pm »
have you got a hot system bob

Ian101

« Reply #12 on: May 03, 2012, 06:06:07 pm »
if your innocent then tell them that your innocent.

if theyre trying it on they will take hint and go away

if theyre genuine ... well not your problem as you didnt do it

so with a clear conscience tell them to go away

your could replace at your expense and still loose them if they think you did it

i would not pay a penny towards it neither as admission of guilt if you do.

Roy Harding

« Reply #13 on: May 03, 2012, 06:36:54 pm »
On 2 occasions, 2 different customers of mine have had panes of double glazing shatter for no reason. One was sitting in the conservatory when it went.

Just so your armed with some info, ask a glazing company if they know of any reason why this happens. It could just be a coincidence that you cleaned it, and it shattered after.

Mick is right sometimes they do go bang without reason. I have come across this a few times over the years, and when I asked what had happened they said they just exploded as they were there.

Roy

bobplum

« Reply #14 on: May 03, 2012, 06:59:27 pm »
have you got a hot system bob

NO BUT THINKING ABOUT DOING AN IMMERSION HEATER THIS WEEK END ;D

P @ F

« Reply #15 on: May 03, 2012, 07:04:25 pm »
Well curiousity got the better of me so i just took a drive out to see them , the wife was there and let me in to see the damage , she also claimed she was there yesterday ironing .
Then she recalled hearing a big bang whilst i was there , but she did not come to the conny to investigate , i would have wouldnt you ?
When i left i rang the bell even though the car wasnt on the drive , nobody came to the door !

She said they had a guy in to see it this morning , he said it was a big impact to break it , and there is a clear point of impact visable .

I told her i would not lie to her , if i had broken it my insurance would cover it and therefore would have been stupid to keep quiet and hope they didnt notice , how could you not notice .

But the most baffling thing is , when we tried to think what could have happened i mentioned the football , she said my boys dont have footballs , i then pointed to the corner and asked whos black and white ball that was then ......IT WASNT THERE ANYMORE !

It has been there all day today , i visited 3 or 4 times to catch them in and it was there , my only regret was not taking a pic of it , she said the kids must have come in and got it back , but of course her or her husband had not noticed it .....Fishy !

I left it with her and said i could see why they looked to me as there seems to be no other logical explanation for it , apart from the vanishing ball of course !

She did not cancel , but she didnt offer to pay for the clean either !!!!!

I dont think this is the end of the matter yet .

I do have a hot system but its been in my shed since march so it wasnt that !

Rich  

Tom White

« Reply #16 on: May 03, 2012, 07:10:43 pm »
If it was me, and I didn't do it, I'd just say, "Not me!"  I wouldn't fanny about, I wouldn't make a fuss, I'd just say, "It wasn't me!"

If they'd wish to take it further, that option would theirs, but if it wasn't me, it wasn't me.  End of.

I wouldn't even discuss possible options with them, I'd just keep on repeating, "It wasn't me, and it was fine when I left!  I know naaaathin' and I accept responsibility for naaathin' 'cos it wasn't me!"

They should have building's insurance.

P @ F

« Reply #17 on: May 03, 2012, 07:14:35 pm »
Right thats cleared that up then Tosh , it wasnt you either , so who was it ?

Rich 

red star

« Reply #18 on: May 03, 2012, 07:20:08 pm »
i had mine crack a few years ago it was next doors bast---d cat jumped on it from 1st floor cill

andyM

« Reply #19 on: May 03, 2012, 07:20:23 pm »
I wonder if the ball has a part to play in all this?
Do you reckon someone (kids) might of tried to retrieve the ball either by ladder or with a pole or something and slipped and damaged the roof?
This sounds like something kids would do and you would be the perfect scapegoat.
One of the Plebs