This is an advertisement
Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here

Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

shina

Re: Smashed conny roof (HELP)
« Reply #40 on: May 04, 2012, 01:47:37 pm »
I had a custy that said she never thought I had cleaned the windows as they were on hols at the time. I left an envelope which she sais she never got. She paid me but the funny thing is I felt quilty like I hadnt cleaned em like I was pulling a fast one. I felt like that because she made me feel like that, but I did do the job. I feel like dumping the custy and its a really good job.

If I had a custy that said I broke the glass and I didnt I would not go back and do the job again. Simple as. I would let em know I didnt do it and that is it.

Can understand how difficult this situation is.

boshravie

« Reply #41 on: May 04, 2012, 09:04:07 pm »
If it was me, and I didn't do it, I'd just say, "Not me!"  I wouldn't fanny about, I wouldn't make a fuss, I'd just say, "It wasn't me!"

If they'd wish to take it further, that option would theirs, but if it wasn't me, it wasn't me.  End of.

I wouldn't even discuss possible options with them, I'd just keep on repeating, "It wasn't me, and it was fine when I left!  I know naaaathin' and I accept responsibility for naaathin' 'cos it wasn't me!"

They should have building's insurance.

;D ;D ;D ;D ;D

chris@c.m.s

« Reply #42 on: May 05, 2012, 12:00:44 am »
I'd imagine being directly above the door it would be that pane that would be subject to more stress and movement than the others, probably the kids slammed the door.  

Sussex by the sea

rosskesava

« Reply #43 on: May 05, 2012, 12:53:27 am »
If when the bloke left the job the glass was not broken then he did not break the glass.

Who ever broke it, or how ever it got broken doesn't matter. He didn't break it.

What is so complex to understand.

???
Just chant..... Hare Krsna, Hare Krsna, Krsna Krsna, Hare Hare, Hare Rama, Hare Rama, Rama Rama, Hare Hare. It's beats chanting Tory Tory or Labour Labour.

shaun mclean

« Reply #44 on: May 05, 2012, 01:45:48 am »
its been done by the kids and they have done the mummies little angel act when asked if they know anything about the smashed glass , so mum cooks tea and has a glass or 2 of wine and thinks f**k it it has to be the window cleaner coz he is a cheating lying b**stard and my darling children would never tell fibs , tell her straight and also explain that you dont like being accused of stuff like this and find it hard to believe she could even think it could be you and inform her that she needs a new windy. thats what i would do 

M & C Window Cleaning

« Reply #45 on: May 05, 2012, 09:19:33 am »
I had a customer whose daughter hung a coat hanger on an open window hinge to air some clothes. Someone pulled the window closed and forgot to remove the coat hanger ad it broke the hinge. The mother tried to pin it on on the guy that was working for me at the time saying he'd done it with his ladder which was absolutely ridiculous as the window was over an extension that you had to walk on to get to. The ladder wouldn't physically have been able to come anywhere near it. You could even see the imprint the coat hanger left in the hinge. But she wouldn't have it and threatened to take the matter further. I just told her that if we'd done it we would have paid up no question, as we were insured, but I wasn't paying for something we hadn't done. It did cost me the customer, but then I don't want customers like that n my round.
The same worker had previously caused damage to a brick archway some months before and had owned up to it even though the customer wasn't in at the time and he paid £125 out of his own pocket to have it repaired.
We have a choice! We can do one or the other, the opposite, both, or neither depending on which way the wind is blowing.

Simon@ Clearview contractors

« Reply #46 on: May 05, 2012, 09:41:00 am »
It might be worth asking if any teenagers in the area are going about with air rifles...

lee_dewing

« Reply #47 on: May 06, 2012, 09:35:30 am »
I'm sorry to hear that Rich.

I'm sure it wasn't you. (custie story sounds fishy)

She hasn't paid you, leave it a few weeks and send invoice for payment, they won't pay.

Then don't go back.

All you have to worry about then is it going to small claims court probably might end up paying something towards it then.

If your sure it wasn't you, so just write down as much as you can remember, date time started and finished, seeing football etc.

Good luck.
Ps. must be quite loud if roof pane shatters, you would have heard it wouldn't you?
Pleasure in the job puts perfection in the work.     - Aristotle