This is an advertisement
Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here

Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

colley614

Notice handed in, time to get cracking.
« on: May 02, 2012, 08:32:53 pm »
Handed my notice in today. Now it's back to working for myself, I'm really looking for ward to it all.

colin purewater

Re: Notice handed in, time to get cracking.
« Reply #1 on: May 02, 2012, 08:47:45 pm »
Is right Colley lad! Good luck mate

You goin in the richy?
keep it simple

magic moments

« Reply #2 on: May 02, 2012, 08:52:21 pm »
What's your plan Colley,i didn't realise you was working for someone else.

colley614

« Reply #3 on: May 02, 2012, 09:15:43 pm »
I'm going to finish my job next Tuesday then have the rest of the week to just relax and unwind for a few days then kick off. I'm going to go down and see Richy next week and have a good talk to him, see if we see eye to eye on running a business. Hopefully it goes well with Richy and then I'll take it from there, but the way I'm seeing it is that it's his baby that he's built from scratch and I think the balls in his court on that one. If it doesn't work out with Richy I'll go it alone and start from scratch myself.

I've got some really good ideas in mind. Obviously the window cleaning as it's my specialty. I'm also a qualified kitchen extract and canopy cleaner so after I've got my round together I want to look into that and I'm probably going to get into the oven cleaning side of things there. I'm also thinking about carpet and hard floor cleaning as I've done quite a bit of that but I'm going to do the course first just to learn the tricks of the trade. I'm planning to run them as separate businesses and not as 'rainy day' add on services.

But all that's for the future for the next 12 months - 2 years I'm just thinking about windows, windows, windows. Then see where I'll go from there.

Never getting back on the hamster wheel ever again!

magic moments

« Reply #4 on: May 02, 2012, 09:32:24 pm »
Good luck to you ,your have been helpful to me ,I'm sure you would be an asset to anyone's business .......enjoy your few days off when they arrive.

colley614

« Reply #5 on: May 02, 2012, 09:40:33 pm »
Thanks magic. I remember the first time I started up I was petrified but now I just feel a hunger knowing it's up to me go earn my wage. I love a life where there is no lid on the box and you can earn as much as you like as long as your willing to work hard.

Blue Frog Systems

« Reply #6 on: May 02, 2012, 09:59:07 pm »
Go for it Colley ... keep a spreadsheet for your customers .... monthly & yearly totals, that way you can track your progress ... thats what i do each year.

You are no officially in the ranks of 'unemployable' .... i'd never go back to working for someone now ... have even been offered a marketing job because of my shorts but thats another story ;D

Only those who risk going too far will truly know how far they can actually go

colley614

« Reply #7 on: May 02, 2012, 10:08:33 pm »
I now feel like I belong on this forum again because I'm going to be a self employed window cleaner instead of someones monkey.

Whats funny though when I was self employed last time I got some of the best job offers I'll ever get. Most notably, a training firm near me offered me a job going round doing N.V.Q. Level 2 in cleaning support services (windows) with a good salary company car, phone and laptop. I said " Great, Ill be visiting my competition on site. So I'll be able to pop back once they've finished and undercut them!" which I said as a joke with no meaning and then the woman said " We'll be in touch!"  ;D

bad trippy

« Reply #8 on: May 02, 2012, 10:14:09 pm »
Good luck fella
www.clearviewbristol.co.uk
Add me on Facebook clear view window cleaning

colley614

« Reply #9 on: May 02, 2012, 10:20:03 pm »
well I just thought I can't officially be classed as part of the forum again until I've purchased an slx and dumped one, gained two more!  ;D

richywilts

« Reply #10 on: May 03, 2012, 01:11:56 am »
im looking forward to hopefully working out a partnership with colley as i know what he brings to the table, not too fussed about my baby id rather see it flourish with two motivated individuals pushing it then me being down and ticking over, i think colley would bring out the best in me and kick my arse!!!
Richard Wiltshire
Window Clean Direct

richardwiltshire36@yahoo.co.uk
www.windowcleandirect.co.uk

Paul Coleman

« Reply #11 on: May 03, 2012, 07:40:12 am »
im looking forward to hopefully working out a partnership with colley as i know what he brings to the table, not too fussed about my baby id rather see it flourish with two motivated individuals pushing it then me being down and ticking over, i think colley would bring out the best in me and kick my arse!!!

It might be what you both need.  Personally, I prefer to work alone, but that's not right for everybody.  I've seen more partnerships end badly that I've seen succeed (not just window cleaning), but it can work if the goals and how to attain them are set out clearly and ground rules are established early on (these can be tweaked later of course)..

colley614

« Reply #12 on: May 03, 2012, 08:00:48 pm »

It might be what you both need.  Personally, I prefer to work alone, but that's not right for everybody.  I've seen more partnerships end badly that I've seen succeed (not just window cleaning), but it can work if the goals and how to attain them are set out clearly and ground rules are established early on (these can be tweaked later of course)..

I totally agree with everything you say Paul. Two people can Presume they want the same thing because they both want to set up a successful company but in reality they could gauge success in completely different ways.

So I think setting down things like salaries early on is going to be most important and marketing strategies. For me the first year is not going to be about money, more about putting money into the company to generate growth.

AuRavelling79

« Reply #13 on: May 03, 2012, 09:59:58 pm »

:-X
It's a game of three halves!

dazmond

« Reply #14 on: May 03, 2012, 11:13:09 pm »
i can see it all ending in tears!!

hopefully you guys will prove me wrong!! ;D ;D ;D ;D

best wishes

dazmond
price higher/work harder!

Tom White

« Reply #15 on: May 03, 2012, 11:55:36 pm »
Handed my notice in today. Now it's back to working for myself, I'm really looking for ward to it all.

No more skiving now, Colley.  Now you've gotta work for your money!

;D

(Just joking; I hope all goes well, mate.)

rosskesava

« Reply #16 on: May 04, 2012, 01:27:27 am »
well I just thought I can't officially be classed as part of the forum again until I've purchased an slx and dumped one, gained two more!  ;D

And done a 3 bedroom semi in under 10 minutes.
Just chant..... Hare Krsna, Hare Krsna, Krsna Krsna, Hare Hare, Hare Rama, Hare Rama, Rama Rama, Hare Hare. It's beats chanting Tory Tory or Labour Labour.

Frankybadboy

« Reply #17 on: May 04, 2012, 07:05:42 am »
cant wait to watch this story unfold ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D :o :o :o :o

colley614

« Reply #18 on: May 04, 2012, 10:57:55 am »
cant wait to watch this story unfold ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D :o :o :o :o

Yeah, why's that?

magic moments

« Reply #19 on: May 04, 2012, 11:26:57 am »
Jealousy,I certainly would love to work with someone else you could become very successful or fail if you don't try you never know!