This is an advertisement
Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here

Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

Just got my first proper pole, a SLX25.  Used my xTel 18 foot for past 2 years, but due to the raving on here thought would upgrade to a proper pole!

But wondered how you guys manage with such a long length of pipe hanging out of the bottom of the pole?  I tape the 'on off tap' to the pole, and this left maybe 4 feet of pole hose out of the bottom of the old 18 foot pole when it was closed, but with this one its got loads hanging out due to its length its dragging quite a lot on the floor when its not fully extended!  Hadn't clicked this would be case, doh!  And wanted to look after this best i can, its a heck of a lot of money to spend.

Must be even worse for you longer pole guys!!  ???

Re: Just got my slx25 today....how do you big pole guys manage?!
« Reply #1 on: March 12, 2012, 09:02:58 pm »
Just wondering whether someone has invented or thought up some sort of spring loaded device attached to bottom end of pole where the excess pipe can be stored?  Or am i being dull....>!

Llaaww

« Reply #2 on: March 12, 2012, 09:05:08 pm »
just buy a short pole as well.
if it is dirty it is fair game

bobplum

« Reply #3 on: March 12, 2012, 09:11:51 pm »
i have the slx35, admittedly the bottom two sections have been removed so i can use it for everyday work,so i have a hell of a lot of pole hose trailing,but i don't take any notice of it.
saying that i am going to purchase a aqua adapter,can some times it takes me 20 mins to find and disconnect the pole hose from the reel hose ;D

« Reply #4 on: March 12, 2012, 09:13:09 pm »
I have my 18 footer which is getting pretty tired, but this size seemed to come up trumps as a general all rounder, so thought was the right way to go.  Still think it is (tho maybe 22 footer might have been better?).....just got to find the best way to deal with the extra pipe hose!

On a side note, gardiners posted some stuff first class royal mail for me which should have arrived sooner, ironically it still hasnt turned up and the bulk order with Fedex has!! Blasted Royal Mail....1 ::)

SB Cleaning

« Reply #5 on: March 12, 2012, 09:14:46 pm »
You will get used to it, doesn't bother me.

steven ainger

« Reply #6 on: March 12, 2012, 09:16:31 pm »
i have the slx35, admittedly the bottom two sections have been removed so i can use it for everyday work,so i have a hell of a lot of pole hose trailing,but i don't take any notice of it.
saying that i am going to purchase a aqua adapter,can some times it takes me 20 mins to find and disconnect the pole hose from the reel hose ;D

Put your money towards a 18ft slx bob,
Keep your 35ft slx for the high stuff.
Using an aqua-dapter on a big pole will only make it top heavy & too long closed

bobplum

« Reply #7 on: March 12, 2012, 09:21:34 pm »

Put your money towards a 18ft slx bob,
Keep your 35ft slx for the high stuff.
Using an aqua-dapter on a big pole will only make it top heavy & too long closed

i gave my last £30.00 to you Steve,thats it now for at least 6 months ;D
i must admit i find with the two bottom sections taken off its a great pole to use all day,i suppose it makes it a slx 27?
take your point about the slx18 and aqua adapter so will look at one in the near future :D

ben M

« Reply #8 on: March 12, 2012, 09:22:07 pm »
;D ;D
i believe you!

bobplum

« Reply #9 on: March 12, 2012, 09:24:29 pm »
I have my 18 footer which is getting pretty tired, but this size seemed to come up trumps as a general all rounder, so thought was the right way to go.  Still think it is (tho maybe 22 footer might have been better?).....just got to find the best way to deal with the extra pipe hose!

On a side note, gardiners posted some stuff first class royal mail for me which should have arrived sooner, ironically it still hasnt turned up and the bulk order with Fedex has!! Blasted Royal Mail....1 ::)

i suppose you could "loop" some of it and put a cable tie on it,extend the pole leave about three out,loop some,then leave another three feet loose to connect to the reel hose? ???

« Reply #10 on: March 12, 2012, 09:26:35 pm »

i suppose you could "loop" some of it and put a cable tie on it,extend the pole leave about three out,loop some,then leave another three feet loose to connect to the reel hose? ???

Interesting idea.....so would you put the cable tied loop inside the pole? or leave it out?  Got me thinking there bob, nice one

bobplum

« Reply #11 on: March 12, 2012, 09:38:45 pm »
it would be outside,i would imagine you would need to extend the pole first to see how much you have left and if its to much about three feet from the base of the pole loop some of it,cable tie and the rest connect to the reel hose or loop it so its nearer the reel hose?
its not something i have done so whether it will work i have no idea ;D

David Kent @ KentKleen

« Reply #12 on: March 12, 2012, 10:10:55 pm »
all this loop talk. Why do you need a loop?

« Reply #13 on: March 13, 2012, 04:40:55 am »
I have the pole hose doubled back to the pole, and the on/off tap taped to the pole, thereby making it easier to control the water flow. but this now leaves (an even longer than normal) loop of pole hose dragging about then I'm used to.

obvious that's going to happen with a longer hose....just hadn't thought it thru, will take abit of getting used to

Steve Sed

« Reply #14 on: March 13, 2012, 05:13:15 am »
I have an xtel 24 with tap. You soon get used to it. The thing I found though is that it is important to loop the hose tidily each time it goes back in the van as this seems to stop it twisting up like an old phone wire used to.

andyM

« Reply #15 on: March 13, 2012, 07:12:45 am »
Give it a couple of days and you won't even notice it.
One of the Plebs

bad trippy

« Reply #17 on: March 13, 2012, 07:31:30 am »
This is what we use on our poles
http://www.purefreedom.co.uk/advanced_search_result.html?y=0&x=0&keyword=tidy&wizid=3pn5k0h7eemj91v907mps0igm5&search_in_description=1

trippy how does it work? doesn't give any info as to what it does, and (on my phone) can't tell from pic. cheers :)

bad trippy

« Reply #18 on: March 13, 2012, 07:37:17 am »
This is what we use on our poles
http://www.purefreedom.co.uk/advanced_search_result.html?y=0&x=0&keyword=tidy&wizid=3pn5k0h7eemj91v907mps0igm5&search_in_description=1

trippy how does it work? doesn't give any info as to what it does, and (on my phone) can't tell from pic. cheers :)
just a small piece of ally, about 16 inches long i would say, both ends are slightly bent. It comes with velcro straps to secure to your pole,however we have taped ours with black leccy tape.
It works the same as say a hoover, when you wrap the lead around two small lugs,after you have finnished using it, if you catch my drift mate
www.clearviewbristol.co.uk
Add me on Facebook clear view window cleaning

Cliff perkins

« Reply #19 on: March 13, 2012, 08:15:57 am »
Just wondering whether someone has invented or thought up some sort of spring loaded device attached to bottom end of pole where the excess pipe can be stored?  Or am i being dull....>!
Ive always thoughtnthis there is a market for it.
Www.1stglasswindowcleaning.co.uk