This is an advertisement
Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here

Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

WHICH VAN HAS THE BEST MPG?
« on: March 11, 2012, 05:15:23 pm »
I am looking for my next van, I need it in about 5 weeks time for a new cleaner who is finshing training.

I am after something that will take a 800 kilo payload plus the driver and possible mate.

With the every increasing fuel costs this now has to be a factot in what I am looking for.

So which van has the best MPG?

Lee GLS

Re: WHICH VAN HAS THE BEST MPG?
« Reply #1 on: March 11, 2012, 05:28:03 pm »
Most probably a combo. Transit connects are poor,

LWC

« Reply #2 on: March 11, 2012, 05:41:05 pm »
My combo is brill on fuel. ;)

Think they do a version which carries 750kg

idealrob

« Reply #3 on: March 11, 2012, 05:48:41 pm »
New Combo has 1000kg payload, and 48 mpg average,

idealrob

« Reply #4 on: March 11, 2012, 06:09:28 pm »
I don't want to buy brand new, a nice second hand one will be fine.

I did look at the combo, they do a lpg version are they any good

Jackal

« Reply #5 on: March 11, 2012, 06:30:10 pm »
my combo 03 reg aint brilliant on fuel really but im happy with it,its the 1700 di version put £20 diesel in get 120 miles from that at the moment,seems a bit less in winter though

Dave Willis

« Reply #6 on: March 11, 2012, 06:38:09 pm »
I've used about £40 in my Hiace in the last month and it's still going strong.  ;)

Frankybadboy

« Reply #7 on: March 11, 2012, 07:04:55 pm »
I've used about £40 in my Hiace in the last month and it's still going strong.  ;)
thats cause you aint worked for last two week, ;D

« Reply #8 on: March 11, 2012, 07:15:30 pm »
HAHA, my doblo 1.3 has a payload of 650 so might be a bit small for you, fine to fit a 450 ltr tank in the fuel constuption is ok you can get around 50, nice vans though

« Reply #9 on: March 11, 2012, 07:15:55 pm »

whats it mpg?

richyp

« Reply #10 on: March 11, 2012, 07:21:24 pm »
ave got a L3 relay and its under 20 per gallon.. nice to drive but very expensive   diesel wise

Londoner

« Reply #11 on: March 11, 2012, 07:26:10 pm »
My little Peugot Partner is great. Last year my fuel costs were 3.92% of turnover. My accountant says its not enough, I really need to get it up to 10% but how?

« Reply #12 on: March 11, 2012, 07:42:14 pm »
vw caddy....... 1.9tdi 105bhp, around the 800kg mark payload (which does mean only about 450 litres at most).

Best mpg was 62mpg according to trip computer, that was doing steady 55mph on motorway. Normally get around 55mpg on steady A roads, and 45mpg on motorway at 70 mph (with standard wheels and tyres on, its since dropped with bigger wheels  :( ).

Be warned trip computers are rarely accurate, VW for one tend to exaggerate MPG figures.  However, I have a mitsubishi that underestimates it!

ben M

« Reply #13 on: March 11, 2012, 07:42:45 pm »

whats it mpg?
mile per gallon!
an answer from a french man! ;)

Dave Willis

« Reply #14 on: March 11, 2012, 07:52:38 pm »
thats cause you aint worked for last two week, ;D

Three weeks it hasn't been on the road now  ;D

Scrimble

« Reply #15 on: March 11, 2012, 10:57:22 pm »

had a combo dual fuel and was a load of crap, couldnt pull its own weight let alone when loaded, had to gun it everywhere just to get it to move, averaged low 20's mpg loaded up and high 20's empty

for what your asking for you need at least 1000kg payload, get a transit or vivaro and just pay the diesel bill

« Reply #16 on: March 12, 2012, 08:25:49 am »

had a combo dual fuel and was a load of crap, couldnt pull its own weight let alone when loaded, had to gun it everywhere just to get it to move, averaged low 20's mpg loaded up and high 20's empty

Thanks for the reply.

At the moment I am paying £100 a week in diesel, with the rising cost of fuel this is going to have an inpact on a business.

I also have to take insurance into the equasion, at the moment the insurance companys are increasing their premiems above the rate of inflation and getting away with it.

Looking ahead for vechicles which cost less to run and do the job, is good business sense.

for what your asking for you need at least 1000kg payload, get a transit or vivaro and just pay the diesel bill

Dave Willis

« Reply #17 on: March 12, 2012, 12:51:31 pm »
Trouble is, an employee will thrash the pants off whatever vehicle he's given, doubt he's concerned about driving economically. Can't win really, you need the power to match the load which equates to higher fuel costs. I would look to employ very small skinny people only or use lighter water.
Fuel savings from one brand of van to another will be minimal per week, maybe not even the cost of one house clean.

dd

« Reply #18 on: March 12, 2012, 12:58:09 pm »
Dispatch/Expert worth considering.

« Reply #19 on: March 12, 2012, 07:49:15 pm »
Trouble is, an employee will thrash the pants off whatever vehicle he's given, doubt he's concerned about driving economically. Can't win really, you need the power to match the load which equates to higher fuel costs. I would look to employ very small skinny people only or use lighter water.
Fuel savings from one brand of van to another will be minimal per week, maybe not even the cost of one house clean.

the van will be fitted with gps tracking, so I will know where he has been and also the speed he was traveling at to get there, speeding will be treated as gross misconduct and he will soon be on his bike looking for another job.

at the end of the day I will have to dig deep and pay, it will be fun when the price reaches £5 a litre though.