This is an advertisement
Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here

Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

PurefectWindowCleaning

Re: To justify a 2nd van...
« Reply #20 on: February 16, 2012, 08:43:07 pm »
I reckon your 2 man van should doing about £400 a day mate unless your prices are a bit low?
When I worked for a local guy, his work was a little underpriced but I was still averaging over  £200 a day on me Todd!  :)
There's no way I'd consider taking on two guys If they could only earn that between them chap

Hi Mark. My prices are quite low, I am in the process of increasing them. 95% of my work is domestic, and the prices are competitive in my area.
I think the 2 man van would only be able to achive £200 a day, so after wages id be making £100 on that van a day. (unless i got bigger bette priced work for them)

Erithwc

« Reply #21 on: February 16, 2012, 08:55:29 pm »
I reckon your 2 man van should doing about £400 a day mate unless your prices are a bit low?
When I worked for a local guy, his work was a little underpriced but I was still averaging over  £200 a day on me Todd!  :)
There's no way I'd consider taking on two guys If they could only earn that between them chap

Hi Mark. My prices are quite low, I am in the process of increasing them. 95% of my work is domestic, and the prices are competitive in my area.
I think the 2 man van would only be able to achive £200 a day, so after wages id be making £100 on that van a day. (unless i got bigger bette priced work for them)

:o :o :o :o

KS Cleaning

« Reply #22 on: February 16, 2012, 09:17:09 pm »

The £100 that you make will quickly be swallowed up by overheads and at these figures you have quoted it will actually cost you money to put a second van on the road.

PurefectWindowCleaning

« Reply #23 on: February 16, 2012, 09:21:10 pm »

The £100 that you make will quickly be swallowed up by overheads and at these figures you have quoted it will actually cost you money to put a second van on the road.

You reckon? So £500 a week after wages, you think that will all be swallowed?

bobby p

« Reply #24 on: February 16, 2012, 09:26:49 pm »
buy the van first  and set yourself a real challenge by making it pay off . you know its do-able

Erithwc

« Reply #25 on: February 16, 2012, 09:34:12 pm »
their are people on this site that make it work with residential work

I would get the van and try it out yourself and learn by your mistakes i don't think the people that do well on here will tell you how to do it i know i wouldn't  ;D ;) ;D

If you have a good idea or a winning way of doing things keep it to yourself under lock and key  ;D ;D ;D

Richard iSparkle

« Reply #26 on: February 16, 2012, 09:41:40 pm »
Hi Lee,
550 is an average day for two men? I know you price well but would love to know how you achieve those figures? Whats the average job value and how many houses do you expect them to clean a day. Dont want you to divulge your secrets but would be really interesting to know....

He most probably charge £25-£30 per house, then two men only have to do 20-25 house and they reached the target. Don’t forget Lee lives in south and these kind of charges are normal in south, specially near London or Gatwick.

2 guys working off a van can better £500 a day, every day on average £10/house, that's 50 houses a day.

we can do this now.  we are still building our round to, so arent doing this every day yet, but we can work at this rate no problem.

we are 100% domestic and not in london
iSparkle Window Cleaning

www.isparklewindowcleaning.uk

Helen

« Reply #27 on: February 16, 2012, 09:43:42 pm »
a

Do please explain Helen?

"I reckon your 2 man van should doing about £400 a day mate unless your prices are a bit low?
 £350 minimum for 2 people over 7 to 7.5 hrs.
When I worked for a local guy, his work was a little underpriced but I was still averaging over  £200 a day on me Todd!  
Absolutely

Pryors are based in "rich" country, so will be able to get the figures as stated.

Wellington Somerset, you will not be able to achieve that sort of pricing on a regular basis.

James.
By re-think:
Do you have enough work to put out a second van double manned working on £350 minimum per full day?
Would you work for £50 gross per day?
Do you know about employers national insurance payment for staff (that will take some of your profit)
Holiday pay.
the list is endless that you have to consider and I don't think on the figures you have given it is viable. :)

GDwindowcleaning

« Reply #28 on: February 16, 2012, 09:45:03 pm »
One man even at an average of 10 per job should be able to do 200, I would aim for 300plus for 2 men.... It all depends on your average price though

You can do 50 houses a day richard? Thats one every 10 mins all day between 9 an 5 without stopping for lunch or even a f*g lol thats some going...

Richard iSparkle

« Reply #29 on: February 16, 2012, 09:47:29 pm »
One man even at an average of 10 per job should be able to do 200, I would aim for 300plus for 2 men.... It all depends on your average price though

You can do 50 houses a day bosh? Thats one every 10 mins all day between 9 an 5 without stopping for lunch or even a f*g lol thats some going...

we work fast but WFP aint hard work really, and a 3 bed semi takes us on average 8 min from getting out van to getting back in all equipment packed up and ready to go
iSparkle Window Cleaning

GDwindowcleaning

« Reply #30 on: February 16, 2012, 09:50:50 pm »
But you got to travel and do that 50 times a day.... Do you think you could do that every day non stop?

PurefectWindowCleaning

« Reply #31 on: February 16, 2012, 09:51:56 pm »
Im traditional mind people not wfp...

Richard iSparkle

« Reply #32 on: February 16, 2012, 09:53:15 pm »
But tou got to travel and do that 50 times a day.... Do you think you could do that every day non stop?

absolutely we can do it every day.  its really not hard work.  like i said, we work fast, but its not hard physical work.

we have lunch everyday, and usually finished by 3:30 after a 8am start.

iSparkle Window Cleaning

GDwindowcleaning

« Reply #33 on: February 16, 2012, 09:54:27 pm »
I would spend the money changing to wfp then making your round spot on, then think about another van down the line....

GDwindowcleaning

« Reply #34 on: February 16, 2012, 09:58:29 pm »
So thats one house every 8 mins with a 30 minute lunch break, I would love to see you working cos thats some serious going....

Richard iSparkle

« Reply #35 on: February 16, 2012, 10:01:07 pm »
So thats one house every 8 mins with a 30 minute lunch break, I would love to see you working cos thats some serious going....

you should see what we do to guys we're recruiting!

to  be honest, it's one of those things that it's hard to believe until you see it yourself.  i had some moments of doubt myself, especially at the start...  but yes, it is impressive
iSparkle Window Cleaning

PurefectWindowCleaning

« Reply #36 on: February 16, 2012, 10:04:41 pm »
I would spend the money changing to wfp then making your round spot on, then think about another van down the line....

I have a 250 litre system that I dont use.  ;D

GDwindowcleaning

« Reply #37 on: February 16, 2012, 10:06:43 pm »
I have seen and met alot of window cleaners in my time and never seen any working at that rate all day every day...

GDwindowcleaning

« Reply #38 on: February 16, 2012, 10:10:46 pm »
I know a few trad guys james and they swear blind its better and quicker but I just cant see it, trouble is they buy the kit and try it for a day and its not as quick cos takes time to learn how to be quick so they never go back to it. I had two guys come up to me when I was cleaning and ask me how I found it, they both had systems in the van but never used them.  I did 1 and a half houses while they did one between them and they still didnt get it was quicker....

Richard iSparkle

« Reply #39 on: February 16, 2012, 10:11:02 pm »
I have seen and met alot of window cleaners in my time and never seen any working at that rate all day every day...

we are a franchise so we have a lot of experience, training & support behind us
iSparkle Window Cleaning