Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here
Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

Dave_Lee

Website BIG Problem
« on: February 14, 2012, 05:33:23 pm »
My website with Microsoft Office Live will not work as they are reorganising into Office 365.
Its a nightmare as you have to rebuild the site again from scratch and in the process, after moving my Domain name over, I somehow altered the search engines location for my Homepage. As a result my site has disappeared from Google searches and on a direct search just shows the pages list.
There is no telephone help only the forum and it shows everyone else is having the same and other problems.
I think the only answer is to start again with another host, preferably with one that I can build the site myself again.
Any recommendations?
Dave.
Dave Lee, Owner of Deepclean Services
Chorley Lancs. Est 1980.
"Pay Cheap -You get Cheap - Pay a little more and get something Better."

Jim_77

Re: Website BIG Problem
« Reply #1 on: February 14, 2012, 05:35:30 pm »

:)

Dennis

« Reply #2 on: February 14, 2012, 05:37:13 pm »
I've been more than happy with Ariotek for several years now.

http://ariotek.co.uk/

derek west

« Reply #3 on: February 14, 2012, 05:38:12 pm »
http://www.tacca.co.uk/forum/marketing/olsb-to-office-365/

think this may help dave, ask away if not.

garry22

« Reply #4 on: February 14, 2012, 06:27:11 pm »
Dave,

I'm clueless on Office live. However... if you want to recover your site to build somewhere else, this may help.

You may be able to recover most of you page info by doing this (image below). Google will think you are a robot and will probably ask you to fill in a captcha.

Best of luck

garry22

« Reply #5 on: February 14, 2012, 06:33:02 pm »
Sorry Dave, it won't let me upload

Mod's, I've tried the old way and "select files". Any ideas?

Mike Halliday

« Reply #6 on: February 14, 2012, 06:41:28 pm »
Sorry Dave, it won't let me upload

Mod's, I've tried the old way and "select files". Any ideas?

Garry I've had problems, what i found is attach it before you write any text....... then put the text in
Mike Halliday.  www.henryhalliday.co.uk

Dave_Lee

« Reply #7 on: February 14, 2012, 07:11:59 pm »
:)

To true Jim, only my site was doing very well, nothing wrong with it at all, who'd have thought the likes of Microsoft would just pull the plug on the whole thing, unbelievable!
Dave.
Chorley Lancs. Est 1980.

garry22

« Reply #8 on: February 14, 2012, 07:26:18 pm »

garry22

« Reply #9 on: February 14, 2012, 07:26:38 pm »
Thanks Mike

Dave_Lee

« Reply #10 on: February 14, 2012, 09:21:23 pm »
Cheers for your efforts gary but it doesnt work on my PC. Just putting site:deepcleandave.co.uk in the browser produces a doesnt recognise box.
Dave.
Chorley Lancs. Est 1980.

Buckland

« Reply #11 on: February 15, 2012, 04:26:15 pm »
Dave - yes its a bummer innit - but to give them their due they did say they were going to finish OLSB about 2 years ago - you are same as me I waited until the bitter end - I have signed up for O365 free trial and am about to commit to the product and its not as bad as you think although it has alot of crap I will never use in a month of whatsits

I have rebuilt my site in the new app and it actually works as a site builder very similar and you can just cut and past whole pages over to the new site - one tip make sure you are using IE as O365 now lets you use chrome which OLSB never did - it runs on chrome but does not seem to work as well as on IE - what a surprise!

I am about to change my registry over so wish me luck - I would suggest as a short term solution you switch to O365 and you will get support - I had a telephone call from the US on one issue (not india note) - there is also a forum which is well supported

Let us know what happens with O365 for you...

Dave
Buckland Carpet & Fabric Care :: 01590 688938
www.SteamCleanCarpetService.co.uk

Dave_Lee

« Reply #12 on: February 15, 2012, 07:27:38 pm »
Thanks Dave and everyone who replied, even Jim ;)
I got around the issues I was having by going back to default and starting over.
Ive only put a few lines on my home page as yet with a note of how to contact me, and I'm back up on page 1 on most Google searches.
Going to carry on and rebuild my site, but now having the opportunity to make it better.
Any more probs though and I'm off elswhere.
Dave.
Chorley Lancs. Est 1980.

Jamie Pearson

« Reply #13 on: February 15, 2012, 09:32:36 pm »
Can you not use way back to view old cached page, view source code (right click), copy the code and paste into an HTML editor and upload.

You could also look at this as being a good opportunity to build a Wordpress site and get with the times.

Google openly admit that they like the way Wordpress operates. A novice could build one from the many templates in a weekend.

neil 47

IICRC