Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here
Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

cleaning co

Re: New Machine
« Reply #40 on: December 14, 2005, 08:43:29 pm »
hi yes no prob mate,u are second person to ask today to look at me setup  wife getting bit worried lol  as for diffrent portys ive seen the eclipse not bad machine but the recoil i havnt, biggest draw back was they offer no heat options because of thier tripple vacs , weres the ninja comes with dual heating which works very well  best heat ive ever seen on a porty  but the vacs are still man enough to do 100ft and its very rare thats not long enough on domestic jobs ,it was allso cheaper than a ecplise with no heat, and i thought the ninja looked better built imo ,also before i brought i knew that ashbys were making a add on 3 stage vac which will giv u 3x3stage vacs weres the others only had 3x2stage vacs, the add on one is also a bigger 3stage vac as well so if u need the extra suck i think it will be very good, also the ninja is smaller than the eclipse which in my case was a plus as with a water tank and auto fill, tank size on machine didnt matter and gav me more room in van
gary

Art

« Reply #41 on: December 14, 2005, 08:49:52 pm »
Gary what kind of van do you have? do ashbys supply the fresh water tank and advise on the set up? Hope you don't mind the questions but it looks a very good set up.

Arthur

the red carpet

« Reply #42 on: December 14, 2005, 08:54:14 pm »
thanks for that gary when i am ready i will let you know,
how much would you say the full setup would cost not including van, machine tanks pumps etc?
and in the van you use would there be space left for power brush, turbo dryer vac etc?
or would a bigger van be required?

thanks again

Daniel

cleaning co

« Reply #43 on: December 14, 2005, 09:00:05 pm »
hi arthur,its an new dyhatsu extol 1200 cc twin side doors central locking power steering air con twin air bags  etc etc  great van to drive really nippy its the only small van i could find that had right height twin doors etc ideal ,nearly perfect for runing a porty truckmount setup and a fantastic price, water tank came from www.cleantec.com  as did the 12vlt pump , there really is nothing to the setup ,no advice needed
gary

cleaning co

« Reply #44 on: December 14, 2005, 09:05:17 pm »
dan, about £11000 all new including vat, yes u can put loads things on top of the water tank, also it has a false floor which u can store wands,hand tool etc
gary

the red carpet

« Reply #45 on: December 14, 2005, 09:09:09 pm »
Gary
are you sure you put up the right web adress for cleantec, i tried to click on it and its going to a domain registration thing ???

the red carpet

« Reply #46 on: December 14, 2005, 09:15:23 pm »
is that £11000 with the van,
 if not how did you get up to £11000 for the equipment i thought the ninga was a couple of grand and i thought it was you who posted before that they paid £300 for tanks and pumps i belive the steam thing is about £500.

if you did mean £11000 with the van, could you please let us know what the equipment roughly comes to?

cleaning co

« Reply #47 on: December 14, 2005, 09:18:45 pm »

cleaning co

« Reply #48 on: December 14, 2005, 09:23:21 pm »
 yes it includes full cost of van about£ 7500 with vat,machines and tanks pipeing, 12vlt pump about £3500 with vat
gary
p.s what steamie thing do u mean ?

the red carpet

« Reply #49 on: December 14, 2005, 09:24:57 pm »
thought you had the v2 steam mate thing

NZ Lee

« Reply #50 on: December 14, 2005, 09:58:01 pm »
Some of you guys make me laugh :) :) :) :)

Why is that some UK carpet cleaners have to justify in their own head that a portable is better than a TM.

Guys in NZ, Australia and US have fleets of TM's, portables are for people who cannot afford TM's, if I gave any of you a cheque for 20,000 pounds to spend only on carpet cleaning gear what would you buy? 1 or 2 TMs or portables.

If you want a quality TM buy Prochem or Hydramaster, you pay for what you get, the same thing you should be telling your customers!

If this upsets anyone then sorry.

cleaning co

« Reply #51 on: December 14, 2005, 10:01:24 pm »
 yes ihav v2 heater built inside the machine,  what ashbys do is build the machine to your spec i think the base model is about £1200 pounds  then u add your spec big pump, bigger vacs,built in heaters etc etc iam sure mine was just under £3000
gary

cleaning co

« Reply #52 on: December 14, 2005, 10:06:09 pm »
hi nz u had bad nights sleep lol  ,no one is saying which is better its what is best needed for the type of work u do  and what is overkill and what isnt
 regards garyuk
p.s ud be a fool to giv me £20000 because id hav £11000 to spend down the pub luvly jubbly ;)

Mike Halliday

« Reply #53 on: December 14, 2005, 10:10:51 pm »
Steve whats up with  the T/M?

I give all the machines I sell a 5yr money back guarentee with free repairs :) :)

Mike

Ps Did I say 5yrs? I meant 5 minutes ;D ;D

Mike Halliday.  www.henryhalliday.co.uk

cleaning co

« Reply #54 on: December 14, 2005, 10:13:19 pm »
hi mike,whos steve did i miss something lol

mark_roberts

« Reply #55 on: December 14, 2005, 10:18:07 pm »
Yes a TM will be £7000 plus depending on what you want/need but how much is a new Ninja with all the bits?  around £4k so for a few grand more you have your TM.

I'll be honest if you dont want to grow your business and only do domestic then stick with a portable.  But if you want to grow and need more time and want  a physical easier job then the TM is an option other than employees.

Regarding money all I can say is I now can earn on average 30% more per hour from arriving to leaving because the TM is quicker on set-up/down, not having to fill it and slightly faster wanding.  Quality of job is not compromised.

As I said Ive a Ninja, heatmate, vacuum booster box from America etc etc and would NOT use it more than 50ft without the vac box which is more time and hassle.

The best way for anyone to see the advantage of any equipment is to go out with another cleaner preferably on a job that youve done before with the portable and compare results and time savings.

In the New Year I hope to convert to gas which wil bring the running costs down even more.

Im not going to argue more on this.  Email me if you want more info.

Mark

cleaning co

« Reply #56 on: December 14, 2005, 10:30:51 pm »
o marky marky,u not reading the post again proper, i dont fill my machine it fills it self !!, heavy duty 3 stage vacs and a booster box and u wouldnt use it over 50ft! i am lmfco i really am if was u id check u anit got petrol fumes leaking from that truckmount becasue i think u are in a coma and aint woke up yet, still lmfco

Mike Halliday

« Reply #57 on: December 14, 2005, 10:33:00 pm »
Gary. look a the last post on page 2, RE; Steve Gunn, he bought a Blazer of me 6 month ago. (£800)

Mike
Mike Halliday.  www.henryhalliday.co.uk

cleaning co

« Reply #58 on: December 14, 2005, 10:37:16 pm »
o i c now lol ;D   did it really work when u sold it for £800? what the hell did it look like lol ;D

garyj

« Reply #59 on: December 14, 2005, 11:08:56 pm »
Gary, thanks for the chat tonight, I'll look forward comeing to see your set up after Xmas.
This thread has  been a real eye opener for me, I didn't know it would still take 30 mins to set up a t/m when you arrived at a job, I really thought they were  'point and squirt', the rotovac doesn't extract  and the running costs for a t/m seem to be horrendous.
Might have saved me a fortune!!
Thanks everyone.