Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here
Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

Alan Brooker. Aqualink Carpet Care

Re: New Machine
« Reply #80 on: January 07, 2006, 04:18:48 pm »
Get Ashby's 400 psi V2 Ninja. You'll never regret it. Especially with their new TRIPLE vac system. Oh and by the way... check out the 'FANTASTIC CC EQUIPMENT DEAL' advert in the used equipment for sale section of Cleanitup.

Regards
Alan
Experience does not qualify as Knowledge and Understanding.
Understand how and why and you'll produce great results.

IICRC, Woolsafe, Fenice & LTT trained.
Member of Eco Carpet Care, NCCA & Woolsafe.

DANIELSON

« Reply #81 on: January 19, 2006, 05:29:54 pm »
hi, y not try a t/m from woodbridge commercial, entry level machine only ~£6250 + vat and they have dual operator machines that styart at around £9000 + vat.

if your ninja cost £3000 and a t/m is £7500 and you can get it in a smaller van as the machines are tiny, they look good too, check them out if you like.

cheers

All the posts I have read from you concern The Woodbridge truckmount.

This Forum does not allow constant pluging.

I have removed two of your posts so far.

Regards

Ian Gourlay Moderator

Geoff Jewkes

« Reply #82 on: January 22, 2006, 08:56:56 pm »
Danielson.................... wasn`t hee the total ass in karate kid???? ;D ;D

garyj

« Reply #83 on: January 22, 2006, 11:25:21 pm »
 ;D wob on, wob off.

Liahona

« Reply #84 on: February 10, 2006, 03:46:31 pm »
if we are in the business to give the best cleaning poss to most carpets then forget the prices and costs for a moment. Without any doubt there is no way a portable can out perform a truck mount. Period. I will go head to head with any truck mounted company to get work, going against a portable is just plane unfair. Why else would the largest carpet mills in the world only suggest and guarantee their carpets if they are hot water extracted with a truch mounted machine. Again when we use portable machines we are not giving the customer the best job poss., doesnt matter if they are happy or you are as a tech, truth is the truck mount is better.

cleaning co

« Reply #85 on: February 10, 2006, 04:00:51 pm »
they say they recommend hwe on thier carpets but dont say only with a truckmount

Spot On cleaning

« Reply #86 on: February 10, 2006, 04:37:24 pm »
I think shaws and Dupont recommend HWE, with the truckmount being the preferred choice. I used portables for 3 years, but when i got a new tm in Aug 05 there is no comparrison. Anyway, when marketing, i always try to point out the superior cleaning of the tm over a porty.

As they say, if you can't beat em, join em. I will endeavour over the next 3 years of business to then buy a top of the range tm for 2 people operation. For reference, i now charge between £40 - £60 an hour which in that time i can do a lounge and possibly stairs etc by charging more again. My fuel bill works out at 8% so profit per hour = £46.80 to £55.20 per hour, but with the right customer this price can go up again. Another advantage is that i can take on serious commercial work.

I am probably cheap with my prices, but am now starting to realise that if people are willing to pay for superior cleaning then i will charge them.

Dave

therapist

« Reply #87 on: February 10, 2006, 05:25:32 pm »
Think you should qualify your statement regards guarantees and t/ms

r m

therapist

« Reply #88 on: February 10, 2006, 05:37:14 pm »
Although it's undoubtedly true that t/m's have More Usable Power, how often is it used ?

When using a powerful portable, such as Ninja, or CFR the carpets are practically being ripped off the floor if you attempt to use full power.

Some portables have 1000 psi at their disposal and with superior tooling are capable, in the right hands of competing with a t/m.

There is no absolute ' black and white ' in the world and currently in America, there is more support for powerful portables and o/p machines than truckmounts.

r m

Spot On cleaning

« Reply #89 on: February 10, 2006, 06:23:15 pm »
I am not criticising portables, but after using an Extracta Excel for 3 years adaquately, then moving on to a tm and back again, you recognise a lower suction straight away. It took us 3 years of trading to get a tm and hopefully in another 3 we will get a better one again. The reason that we bought one in the first place is because we believe that it out performs my twin vac portable, and whil'st delivering leaflets last year where a lot of work had been forthcoming, we noticed an old tm/van working the area, which i think had been sold for £6000 a couple of months earlier. If we didnot join them, surely we would have lost business.

I know that the majority of customers do not know much about equipment, but the other tm owners advertise their machines superiority over others, so i have to follow suit. It is nice to get as much money out of a business with little investment, but sometimes you have to speculate to accumulate. If a business grows, it would be nice to have a smaller van and portable set up for different work loads. If everybody looks at the situation, there should be work for everybody as you can't be in twenty or so places at once.
Dave

cleaning co

« Reply #90 on: February 10, 2006, 06:59:35 pm »
u would not hav lost work to this gezzer using the truckmount no way  u might hav lost to him becuase he was cheaper on his leaflets   u think 99% of custy read the tosh about "a truckmount machine "  blah blah ? of course they dont  tuckmount ,portys etc etc its all big boys toys the custy dont giv a sxxit

Spot On cleaning

« Reply #91 on: February 10, 2006, 09:18:05 pm »
Fair comment, but i don't believe it. If this is the case why do you advertise your set up as a truckmount when technically it isnt? All im saying, as long as you have got enough work that youre happy with, great. But surely there could come a time for you when you want to make more money. Since i have had the tm, the most that i have earned for 8 hours work was £305. This was 2 empty rental properties, 4 bedroom and 3 bedroom. The latter had carpets that i know the porty would'nt touch. When the temp gauge on the tm says 95 degrees, you are not loosing hardly any heat at the wand.

Based on this, if i worked a bit harder and acquired this type of work 5 days a week and even a sunday job, life would be sweet. I believe a lot of people buy on image and And if you can tap into this sector, then you are set, so feel every penny spent on the tm was well spent.

On an end note, if you look at a tm, all they basically are is an engine in the middle driving a blower at the back and a water pump at the fvront. As a trained motor vehicle techncian, who has rebuilt old cars in the past, i believe that as these parts are available off the shelf, and the fact that my brother in law owns his own engineering business, i have often thought about getting him to knock up the framework and all the welding, then i could go about setting everything else up. Not to sell or anything, but as a project and to use for myself. Their working principal is very simple.

What do you think? ;)

therapist

« Reply #92 on: February 10, 2006, 11:22:09 pm »
S.O.C

I and others can assure you, that using the power available in a modern portable is capable of much more than some t/m owners will agree to.

What is,  most important,  is the choice of and correct use of, chemicals and equipment which only comes from, training, experience and application.

I have earned €650 in a shift working with a Ninja and with 5 others, twice completed a contract which paid  just under €3000.

So, don't assume you can't make money without a t/m.

Incidentally, I've been working in this business for over 20 years and fully appreciate that there are times when a t/m might be more suitable, but not always.

r m

Spot On cleaning

« Reply #93 on: February 11, 2006, 08:01:53 am »
Therapist,

what does s.o.c stand fot at start of your message?

Dave

cleaning co

« Reply #94 on: February 11, 2006, 08:29:18 am »
spot on cleaning

Mike Halliday

« Reply #95 on: February 11, 2006, 08:59:21 am »
Spot On,

you mention building your own T/M, it can be done, I've built 4 in the past and my latest is in the engineering workshop now, this one will end up costing me about £2800 but is the cultivation of all the lessons learned on the last 4. It has a 45 blower, 1000psi pump and water temp up to 100degrees, a machine with the same spec from prochem or Hydramaster would cost over £12000.

if you ever fancy building one get in touch

Mike
Mike Halliday.  www.henryhalliday.co.uk

Spot On cleaning

« Reply #96 on: February 11, 2006, 02:28:43 pm »
Cleaning Co, thank,s mate. S.O.C obviously stands for spot on cleaning. I will have to get my head straight. I thought it might have stood for something insulting, only joking.

Mike, yes i would be interested in ideas about truckmount manufacture and could possibly exchange ideas. Have you ever thought about manufacturing them for sale? It seems to me that the profit on these things is astronomical compared with the price of the basic components. I think the only problem would be the testing to achieve certification.

Another thing Mike, mr Lamborghini started out his business utilising old us army jeeps to make farming machinary then sportscars. What do you think?

In the past i have made air compressors from car engines by running it on three cylinders, and using the fourth by removing the exhaust valve and altering the inlet manifold to stop petrol from entering this cylinder.

Dave

Vernon Purcell

« Reply #97 on: February 15, 2006, 08:04:45 pm »
Mark
What make of motor does your machine have