Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here
Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

mark_roberts

Re: New Machine
« Reply #20 on: December 13, 2005, 07:17:20 pm »
Im not getting into the TM v portable debate but the facts speak for themselves.

Cleaning CO.  If it cost me £480 on fuel per month for the TM then I would be making around £9000 so you figures are way off as is your reasoning.  You need to think outside the box ie. your Ninja.

Neil

Your making a mistake.  Time is your most important asset no matter what type of market your in.  I clean for middle to upper income types and small commercial.  If i save 30% time on each job its an extra hour or two per day to work or play.  Your choice.  Work is not rushed merely completed quicker and dryer.

My turnover for December is around 40% up on last year.  This is because i can do more jobs per day with the TM and feel fresher as less tiring and can work 6 days if required.

At the end of the day its what you want from your business.

Mark

Glynn

« Reply #21 on: December 13, 2005, 07:59:20 pm »
Mark,
Your wasting your valueable time trying to convert the hecklers into the values of having a TM, if I were you I'd keep it to yourself and proffit from it. ;)
Regards
Glynn

Neil Grainger

« Reply #22 on: December 13, 2005, 08:47:57 pm »
Truckmount and portable are both good for different reasons.

Mark

All I am saying about time is that if you have the right jobs it does not really matter if you have a truckmount or a portable when all you are saving is about 10 minutes filling up with water on each job. Whilst the water is heating up you can always do the vac and pre spray which you truckys seem to neglect when cleaning carpets.
Saving time leeds to shortcuts thats why Time should not be an issue.

2 jobs a day 10 a week, how much money is enough £2000 grand a week is fine by me and I know I wont be burnt up after this and the weekends off. Why do you need to work 6 days a week

This is supposed to work for you. Work to live dont live to work.

Michel Roberts

« Reply #23 on: December 13, 2005, 08:53:42 pm »
Mark

Correct me if I am wrong, but I seem to remember from your previous posts that you run a MWB Trannie.

Why would you like a smaller van?

Do you still carry you porty as back up?

What in your opinion whould be the ideal size van for someone who wanted to run a boxer but still carry porti,envirodry,rotary ect?

Regards Michel

mark_roberts

« Reply #24 on: December 13, 2005, 09:39:33 pm »
Michel

Ive a LWB Transit and tons of room to spare.  I carry the portable all the time but only used it about 4 times since mid October.

Dont know about a SWB but a MWB would be fine.

Neil

Youll save a lot more than 10mins.  I do pre vac, prepspray etc.  Saving time isnt shortcut taking.  The time saved is setting up, not filling with water, faster wanding.  To be fair real time savings are best on multiple room jobs.  Working 6 days as its CHRISTMAS and the rush is on.

Glynn

Ah I suppose your right.  After all we too had to be converted at one time.

Mark

Phil Marlor

« Reply #25 on: December 13, 2005, 11:51:13 pm »

Mark,

I like to read your veiws on TM's because I feel you give an honest insight. People who spend £1000's on a machine would never come on here and criticise their purchase in any way, where as I think you would.

My biggest problem about stepping up is simple, its the cost, £12K + Vat for the machine then the cost of running it, I dont care what anyone says they would all have one but for this reason.

You are a lot younger than me, the thought of having to double the amount of work to justify having one puts me off, so would you recommend I stay as I am.

Phil
Stevenage, Herts

LUTON TOWN 3-0 SUNDERLAND

garyj

« Reply #26 on: December 14, 2005, 12:10:09 am »
I'm no further forward. Cleaning co's argument is well put and would save thousands, I was emailed and told a tm won't save me any time!!! but I can't see that.

The don't go half way view also seems true, and if it wasn't for the cost I would have just bought a tm, but IS it worth the extra money??? I do like the thought of being able to run 2 hoses at the same time though.

I'm more confused than ever, I hate setting up the portie and like the idea of just rolling out a hose and getting on with the job, the constant in / out and filling and emptying could send me nuts!!!!  (nuttier :P)

The rotovac doesn't pick up?? Thats a shame, it looks a good piece of kit, just presumed it would extract as well.

Jeeeeez, is it worth the extra money, I just don't know ??? ???

cleaning co

« Reply #27 on: December 14, 2005, 03:07:58 am »
hi, my reasoning mark is well thought imo,also u say u know what both are capable of did u ever run your ninja as a truckmount?  and whatever u say u cannot do more jobs aday than i can full stop,u will not be quicker  u still didnt explain y u would be quicker  ::) and u said it costs u £4 a hour to hav u truckmount running  i came to the figure what it would cost "ME" (sorry but sometimes u twist a reply because u aint read it proper) using one  at £4 hour x 5 hours =£20 x6 days=£120 weekx 4 weeks =£480 how many hours u using it a day ?
hi garyj, i dont set up my porty  i  just run a hose in and a lead it takes  seconds machine is allready full of hot water and as i work away it fills again with hot water that then goes throw the v2 heater givin me instant very hot/steam if u need it , if i am doing a large job say 5 bedroom house after walking in with the hose and leads(if the carpets are not bad u only need to plug in one lead as the ninjas vacs and pump auto dump work off one lead) i never go back outside unless i fancy f*g break , i hav used couple diffrent truck mounts and it is noway faster than how i do it honest tust me mate before u waste thousands  ;) also think what happens when it breaks down u cant just pop it in the post back to say cornwall can u lol u hav to take two days of work one day to drive it there and then will it be fixed that day ? with an ashbuys u can use their service that picks it up for u fixs it and sends it back whilst u are still cleaning with a back up machine even if its a small machine that u hav to offload and take in house u still working and not loseing jobs or money  iam lucky as i carry another powerfull porty in van at all times which i can run same way as the ninja if needs be ,i can allso take someone with me if its a large job and run two machines out of my van which both dont need filling or emptying,also if u ever feel a job needs more vac power u just get two ft hose put it on the vac outlet of ninja then vac inlet of second machine turn on the sechand machines vacs first then the ninjas and hay presto u sucking with four 3 stage vacs !! if your core work is domestic then i woudnt dream of a truckmount imo
gary
p.s garyj when u say two hoses do u mean a dual operater truckmount? if so put few more thousand on the price as u cant run two of a bog standerd one

cleaning co

« Reply #28 on: December 14, 2005, 03:34:06 am »
more pics

Ian Gourlay

« Reply #29 on: December 14, 2005, 08:11:54 am »
One of the Sad things about Moderating this Forum is that I cannot download the pictures.

Mike has not been able to crack the reason why.

Gary Cleaning Co any chance of sending them to email address in my personal details?

lee_gundry

« Reply #30 on: December 14, 2005, 02:41:37 pm »
cleaning co

your quote of 480.00 per month for fuel for the truckmount  saying that if you were to use this amount,which is approx 95 gallons of fuel

95 gallons = 95 hours running time for a truckmount
most truckmount guys earn £100.00 per hour running time
so income would be approx £9500.00 per month

i bet you wish you could earn this??

Lee G
cumbria

cleaning co

« Reply #31 on: December 14, 2005, 03:27:57 pm »
hi lee, the reason i wouldnt earn this with or without a truckmount is because i dont charge that sort of money ,its not a case of i would if i had truckmount my prices would be the same and i wouldnt do any more work than i am now ;D

benny d

« Reply #32 on: December 14, 2005, 04:58:26 pm »
I jumped straight in in Aug 2004 and bought a TM from Alltec. I hadnt been a CC before but decided after alot of thought to "go for it" with a TM.
The Steamway is a brilliant machine I would definatly say that, but it should be at £12,000.00 +++!
At the same time I also bought a Rotovac. I never used it. But Robert at Alltec was a diamond, and I took it back and swapped it for an Alltec Advantage portable.

I use the advantage in flats  when I cant get the TM near enough. Even though the Advantage is a great machine, when I have to use it I cant believe what lack of power it has compared to the TM. I look back at the machine thinking, "is it working properly"? There is hardly any suction, where through the wand with the TM the wand "sticks" to the carpet! It does clean to a degree, but nowhere near the TM, but thats how it should be!!
Looking at the photos above, that would have been a great idea to have a Truck mounted portable with all the gizmos attached. It would have saved me thousands and thousands 15-20 times over!!

Also the TM is very hard work as far as hoses and cables go etc etc. It takes me 20-30 mins to get sorted, and yes I do have an idea as to what I amn doing! So it is no easier that a portable, and possibly harder work!
Obviously I promote that I am using a TM, but 99% of people have no idea anyway, so I guess a van mounted Portable is as good as a TM.
Finally the TM is EXTREAMLY NOISY!
Ben
"If i'm not in action, I'm in traction"
Voted 397th best looking carpet cleaner in West Sussex 2015. Up 10 from last year...

cleaning co

« Reply #33 on: December 14, 2005, 05:17:41 pm »
great post benny
gary

garyj

« Reply #34 on: December 14, 2005, 05:24:23 pm »
Nice pics Gary, is that your BMW  convertable in the background?

You TART ;) ;D

cleaning co

« Reply #35 on: December 14, 2005, 05:33:20 pm »
 ;)

John Kelly

« Reply #36 on: December 14, 2005, 06:14:45 pm »
Gary

Looks a good setup. Used portables for over ten years but now using a truckmount. Main reason is ease of use, less filling & emptying of buckets. Could have used a set up like yours, would be fine for most domestics
However done a commercial job today, citizens advice bureau, carpets never been cleaned in 10-15 years absolutely minging.
Wacked the pressure up to 700psi and made a resonable impression with the added bonus a lot of the chewing gum came up with the wand. I honestly don't think I could have touched it using a portable.

cleaning co

« Reply #37 on: December 14, 2005, 06:28:45 pm »
hi john, sort of job u just descibed is the reason i dont touch work like that ,dont want it  , and yes u are prob right a bestist porty u can get would hav found it hard going
gary

the red carpet

« Reply #38 on: December 14, 2005, 06:37:28 pm »
cleaning co,

i like the look of your setup its seems you have the best of both worlds and when i hopefully upgrade my equipment next year think i will go for somthing simualar.

if i do decide to go down that route would it be okay with you for me to spend the day with you and get a feel for the setup and see how you have fitted it all up, i dont mind helping you out with a bit of pre-spraying or doing some leaflets for you etc.

do you not think you would benifit by using a dif portable like the scorpion or eclipse?

Daniel

stevegunn

« Reply #39 on: December 14, 2005, 07:17:53 pm »
T/m user in my area carpet £15/suite £30 :o Why would you charge these prices its a new t/m too going to take a while to pay for that charging them prices.My t/m is broke at the moment and I'm using the portable cannot wait till after xmas so I can find the time to repair it.Give me a t/m anytime so much better than a portable