Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here
Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

♠Winp®oClean♠

Re: what do most sole operators try and achieve daily
« Reply #180 on: December 20, 2011, 08:23:13 am »
You can "SMELL" Concept20!! ;D ;D

Richard iSparkle

« Reply #181 on: December 20, 2011, 02:05:05 pm »
sometimes richard 400 a day in the areas
i clean aswell
no lad ive being a wc 27yrs never done 4 ton a day
so yr trying to tell me yr busier than me
wiv a hell ov a lot dearer than me nahhhhhhh
m8 we'll av to meet up like
rich im fast trad or wfp so lets ava chat  ;)
cuz i must be doing it wrong like
even after nearly 30yrs  ???

we did £440 yesterday with me and my christmas helper working 8-4:10 and need to get thru £460 today...

i cant comment on your round or your prices, but remember i've been trained and coached by some very high achieving WCs so i;m benefiting from their experiences.

only doing those numbers because i;m taking a holiday over christmas
if you are that high trained with all that surport behind you,then why the hell does you come on here and ask question.

me think richard that you are a bit porky pie teller

i didn't ask this question?  i was responding to richie wilts Q. 
iSparkle Window Cleaning

www.isparklewindowcleaning.uk

Dave Willis

« Reply #182 on: December 20, 2011, 03:19:49 pm »
What are you doing on here Richard? You've got work to do or have you had a blinder and finished early with £460 in the bag?

« Reply #183 on: December 20, 2011, 04:49:12 pm »
richard £400 a day and some of the houses u do for £10? are  you sure? im lost about all this now !

keen n clean

« Reply #184 on: December 20, 2011, 05:46:22 pm »
Not going to get to involved in this one,but i say fair play to richard .........the question was posted and the chap has responed simple as that!!! he has no reason to lie and if he is (which i for one don't think he is) then he's lieing to HIMSELF.........this game is quite simple,you get out what you put in,do things correct,be polite,look professional and you will acheive what ever you want to,because there are plenty of idiots out there who offer a  crap service!!!     ;) ;)

gary999

« Reply #185 on: December 20, 2011, 06:03:04 pm »
i smell jealousy in the air ;D come on ladies if your
not achieving ricardos figures after years and years at this
game well lets face it you re useless and should give up. ;D

cmon get over your insecurities that you are all failing in
this pathetic ping contest ;D

you can keep poking and prodding as much as you like
but the chap aint gonna change his stance whether you believe
him or not.personally ill take it at face value and say well done.

there aint no way i could achieve those figures for one i
dont like working that hard ;D ;D

« Reply #186 on: December 20, 2011, 06:08:10 pm »
we dont get anywhere near that much, but i know some who say they have.  Whether i believe it or not is another thing.

Good comment above tho, if you lie or boast about something, you know it yourself, whats the point?  Wheres the self esteem or pride in that.

Cant see how that much can be earnt, but if he can, good for him!  So long as we are all individually happy with what we do and how we provide for our families, then so be it.  I wouldnt want people telling me im working for peanuts or should be putting my prices up on old peoples bungalows that we do at I feel is a fair price, and i guess likewise other people dont want me to critise them for ripping off people or charging alot, live and let live eh?

Each to their own, ive got enough to worry about without any sort of male anatomy measuring!!  :o :-[  Good luck to you all, i still think its a great place to learn new stuff and new ideas.  And see where i am going wrong or can improve!  So heres to CIU!  and what other forums are out there ;)

Ian101

« Reply #187 on: December 20, 2011, 06:46:02 pm »
ok gonna stick my oar in here and Bob Plumb will back me up as well ....Both Bob and I work in same areas as Richard ... both Bob and I have seen how Richard operates ... we also both understand how he runs his business ... we have both seen how fast he works. ... which is FAST FAST FAST

I would like to think people know im not a bull s hitter on here

also remember he answered a question in all innocence

does he earn what he says

YES ! ..... the guy works so fast its beyond beleif ... personally I would be worried about quality issues.

KS Cleaning

« Reply #188 on: December 20, 2011, 07:18:29 pm »
ok gonna stick my oar in here and Bob Plumb will back me up as well ....Both Bob and I work in same areas as Richard ... both Bob and I have seen how Richard operates ... we also both understand how he runs his business ... we have both seen how fast he works. ... which is FAST FAST FAST

YES !

I like to think I work quite fast as well without compromising the quality of my work,HOWEVER I do stop short of overcharging/ripping customers off because if the figures are correct that is exactly what he is doing.I wonder how many crimbo tips he would get if his customers knew he makes £350 a day on his own :o

Ian101

« Reply #189 on: December 20, 2011, 07:25:44 pm »
think Richard should put a video on youtube but watched his guy ... the one he let go do a 3 bed house in under 5 minutes ... 10 seconds on a bay window  :o :o .. like i said id be concerned about quality but hes still cleaning the houses ?

Richard iSparkle

« Reply #190 on: December 20, 2011, 07:33:19 pm »
What are you doing on here Richard? You've got work to do or have you had a blinder and finished early with £460 in the bag?

i was just back for lunch and needed to do a quick refill at home.  felt like my arms were gonna fall off!  ;D
iSparkle Window Cleaning

Richard iSparkle

« Reply #191 on: December 20, 2011, 07:47:14 pm »

YES !

I like to think I work quite fast as well without compromising the quality of my work,HOWEVER I do stop short of overcharging/ripping customers off because if the figures are correct that is exactly what he is doing.I wonder how many crimbo tips he would get if his customers knew he makes £350 a day on his own :o

its not really for you to judge if you think i'm ripping people off, and you've got no basis top say that anyhow without seeing the properties.  in general for a normal clean, we're a couple of quid more than other decent cleaners in our area.  hardly a rip off.   if our customers feel theyre getting value for money, then they're happy to pay.  dont underestimate customers.  they're not stupid and will judge us on our merits.  nobody signs up with us because they think we're the cheapest.  they sign with us and stay with us because they like the service.
iSparkle Window Cleaning

bobplum

« Reply #192 on: December 20, 2011, 08:41:34 pm »
i agree with Gary regarding jealousy  and some people will be sceptical which is fair but everyone is different,people go about their work in different  ways, i don't leave the house till 9.00am Richard probably as done 3/4 house by then,i finish around 3.30 in the winter, Richard finishes around 4.00 so there is and extra 1/2 houses,i have dinner i doubt Richard does and as i mentioned on a previous post because of the back up from concept he as gone about his business in a different way to most window cleaners.
to give you an example of how Richard set his stall out from the word go,he wouldn't clean his own sisters house because of access to the rear(entry type area) i know this because i do it ;D
I have met Richard on a couple of occasions and had coffee(i am sure he had no money?) and i believe he is not the type to lie but he is business minded and that's probably the big difference between him and some other window cleaners, that's just my view
If he says he can earn£450 a day i have no doubt to believe him and more power to him :)

dazmond

« Reply #193 on: December 20, 2011, 11:52:55 pm »
thats exactly what richard speech is doing!he s ripping people off whichever way you dress is up with customer satisfaction blah blah!! ;D ;D ;D

splash and dash and working at break neck speed charging top dollar!!the fact is mate you dont really give a toss mate do you? ;D ;D ;D

fair play  but just admit it!!! ;) ;D ;D ;D ;D

i for one am certainly not jealous!i have plenty of money for my needs or i wouldnt of just spent £800 on an electronic drum kit!! ;D ;D

im happy with my round and customers.also i do work quickly but not at the expense of quality.i dont take the p***!!

IMO richard is being greedy and you will lose work eventually.your reputation will suffer as well.....eventually.
price higher/work harder!

AuRavelling79

« Reply #194 on: December 20, 2011, 11:59:44 pm »
daz - richard is only doing what you proclaim in your sig line ..... jus' sayin'  ;)
It's a game of three halves!

« Reply #195 on: December 21, 2011, 08:59:33 am »
thats exactly what richard speech is doing!he s ripping people off whichever way you dress is up with customer satisfaction blah blah!! ;D ;D ;D

splash and dash and working at break neck speed charging top dollar!!the fact is mate you dont really give a toss mate do you? ;D ;D ;D

fair play  but just admit it!!! ;) ;D ;D ;D ;D

i for one am certainly not jealous!i have plenty of money for my needs or i wouldnt of just spent £800 on an electronic drum kit!! ;D ;D

im happy with my round and customers.also i do work quickly but not at the expense of quality.i dont take the p***!!

IMO richard is being greedy and you will lose work eventually.your reputation will suffer as well.....eventually.

Just think,if you were business minded like Richard you could have bought a proper electronic dum kit..... ;D

The guy is obviously running a business where most wc's (myself included) just run a wc round...there is a vast differance,and if you dont understand the differance then it is totally unjust to make accusations of ripping customers off etc etc....
All customers have the opportunity to say no to a price,so imo you cannot be ripped off by a wc unless he is not doing the job properly,which is obviously not the case if he is building a succesful business.

Perfect Windows

« Reply #196 on: December 21, 2011, 09:11:17 am »
It is impossible to rip a customer off without some criminal act like short-changing them.  Every single one of them can simply ask you not to come again.

Look at me, minimum charge £16 (prices on my website before I'm accused of lying). Full round (yes, I might be lying but why bother?).  Am I ripping them off?  Given that they keep on paying me, I suspect not.  I don't work in an area with "patches", so it's not like I'm their only choice.

All power to Richard's (and anyone else's) elbow.

Stop worrying about what other people are doing and do your job the way you like, charging whatever you like.

Vin

« Reply #197 on: December 21, 2011, 09:28:25 am »
I picked up a new customer yesterday, 4 Bedroom detached, who already have a cleaner, they want the insides and out done every month, they are looking for another cleaner because the lady only want the same person to do the insides, she is unhappy with different "strangers" turning up each month.

They are trad, so only clean the glass and wipe the frames down and they charge £25 per clean.

I quoted it at £50 with the promise that the inside cleaner will always be the same person.

I also cleaned all of the white facia boards the front and back doors and even the garage door, as well as the low level gutters.

It took one hour to do, which should drop to 30 mintues in future cleans.

They are now happy with the service and they are happy to pay for what they consider is good service, not a wide eye boy who is ripping them off.

TomCrowther

« Reply #198 on: December 21, 2011, 10:07:21 am »
Dazmond is a very helpful member of this board and imo has a good outlook on life. His prices are low but he is happy with what he earns. This is what is so appealing about the business. You can make of it what you want.
Most wc's are in it for the lifestyle. They start when they want, finish when they want and have no pillock over them trying to justify their position.
It does depend slightly on where you work, some areas it would be impossible to have minimum charges of double figures no matter how good your business plan, people just couldn't afford/justify it. Having said that, I believe it is possible for a sole trader to earn around £350 day in day out if he prices high, works fast and looks after himself and his kit.
I don't because I am knackered just thinking about it  :)

gary999

« Reply #199 on: December 21, 2011, 10:12:11 am »
this is like a merry go round you lot cant get off! ;D

first attack old ricardo now dazmond ;D ;D ;D

this post is pointless as long as your happy what you
are doing why worry ;D ;D ;D

you lot eh! ;D ;D ;D