This is an advertisement
Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here

Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

andrewlefkas

Re: what do most sole operators try and achieve daily
« Reply #140 on: December 18, 2011, 11:12:00 am »
Well guys
reading between the lines I reckon Im not doing too badly and as you say 130 quid for a 6 hour shift which is how I see it is okay for me. In winter I do finish a three cos Im not into windows in the dark although falling snow and ping rain isnt too much of an issue.Im heartened to see not ebryone is making zillions from doing exactly what Im doing but if you are well good luck to you and one day I might find the seceret.
I would love to have a £10.. min price but that would mean dumping most of my work so its not really an option for me . Even if punters would stand I just couldnt do it to the old dears in the Trad bungalows that I clean , one of them gave me a tip -okay it was 60 pence !!! yep really but thing is I love doing that street - its like all yer old MUms looking after you and they are always chuffed to see me -like I said Im just a soft touch but it helps that I m an old git with out much to pay out every month .Guess as others say if were happy getting what were getting then thats fine,I just couldnt resist reading the thread .
Im sure HMRC finds these posts very interesting and informative .

Pope vader

« Reply #141 on: December 18, 2011, 11:12:09 am »
so how much a month do you earn richard

H S and Son

« Reply #142 on: December 18, 2011, 11:53:52 am »
Im sure HMRC finds these posts very interesting and informative .

;D ;D   They're far too busy to concern themselves with the miniscule percentage of cleaners that declare their earnings to the worldwide web on here. Its not exactly legally binding is it.

The average window cleaners income stated a while back on here was something in the region of £17,000 as a sole trader. Anything you declare over that they're probably happy to accept and not question any fuirther.

andrewlefkas

« Reply #143 on: December 18, 2011, 12:00:24 pm »
Ha your right
they are getting a right clobbering at moment as well with pay freez , pensions contributions going up etc so I reckon lots of them on 16k will be well peed of and sit twiddling thumbs all day rather than chasing us .
 Did my sons VAT books as he just registered and a guy from VAT came to his house after three months ,he is a locksmith and had claimed a lot of retro vat for tools and stuff.
VAT arrived in builders shirt with rucksac on his shoulder , He was happy with things but i wouldnt like to try and pull the wool on those people ,could turn very nasty  ;)

Richard iSparkle

« Reply #144 on: December 18, 2011, 06:23:55 pm »
If i could go out monday to friday every week, i would like to earn about £120/£140 per day  8)
but im not even close to be able to do that   :-[ Any way that would be in a perfect world, but this is far from that. If some guys on here say they earn £350 a day ( im not saying you dont) What do you do when it rains for say 3/4 days at a time?
The way i look at it is, whats the point of having loads of work when you cant cover it ie: rainy days, ill, holidays. ect ect
All well and good saying my business does 95k a year, but that surely would just be on paper??
im not looking for a row with anyone, just asking how it looked at & done by them   :)

hi purer,

we work all days including rainy, windy, snow...  had all those in the last 3 weeks in fact.  only lost 2 days last year, and like i;ve said our office burned down in a fire, but still worked the same day!

we guarantee every clean, and we dont let people defer because of the weather.

would definately be easier to leave yourself not at full to burst tho.  we're not even half full at the moment so will see how it goes. will want to get the absolute max out of this van before getting another tho

iSparkle Window Cleaning

www.isparklewindowcleaning.uk

PURER CLEAN

« Reply #145 on: December 18, 2011, 06:34:47 pm »
If i could go out monday to friday every week, i would like to earn about £120/£140 per day  8)
but im not even close to be able to do that   :-[ Any way that would be in a perfect world, but this is far from that. If some guys on here say they earn £350 a day ( im not saying you dont) What do you do when it rains for say 3/4 days at a time?
The way i look at it is, whats the point of having loads of work when you cant cover it ie: rainy days, ill, holidays. ect ect
All well and good saying my business does 95k a year, but that surely would just be on paper??
im not looking for a row with anyone, just asking how it looked at & done by them   :)

hi purer,

we work all days including rainy, windy, snow...  had all those in the last 3 weeks in fact.  only lost 2 days last year, and like i;ve said our office burned down in a fire, but still worked the same day!

we guarantee every clean, and we dont let people defer because of the weather.

would definately be easier to leave yourself not at full to burst tho.  we're not even half full at the moment so will see how it goes. will want to get the absolute max out of this van before getting another tho

Well done Richard, thats very comendable of you and your team  ;) but how do you get round the bit ive highlighted please mate?  :-\

Richard iSparkle

« Reply #146 on: December 18, 2011, 07:07:36 pm »
we just say that because of the system we use we are able to achieve the same results.  to be honest it happens very very little that people question us.  i can think of one client in the past 5 months who asked me not to clean and cancelled, and maybe a couple who asked about the rain but accepted my word.  i always remind them we have a guaruntee so if theyre not up to normal standard we'll come back
iSparkle Window Cleaning

www.isparklewindowcleaning.uk

PURER CLEAN

« Reply #147 on: December 18, 2011, 07:15:09 pm »
we just say that because of the system we use we are able to achieve the same results.  to be honest it happens very very little that people question us.  i can think of one client in the past 5 months who asked me not to clean and cancelled, and maybe a couple who asked about the rain but accepted my word.  i always remind them we have a guaruntee so if theyre not up to normal standard we'll come back
that is a very good way of doing it Richard ;) im gonna try the same sort of thing i think  :) but i will make its all my idea  ;D so i will thank you now mate  ;D Have A very merry christmas to you and your family & a happy new year  :)
from
Purer Clean Window Cleaning

windowswashed

« Reply #148 on: December 18, 2011, 07:25:11 pm »
Doesnt matter how much some people earn on here. All that is important is that you earn enough to pay the bills and put aside for a rainy day or two and emergencies.

It can be a hard slog or a lazy day depending on how much you wish to earn or how much time you wish to have off that allows you to live reasonably comfortable.

Have to enjoy working outdoors with joe public to pursue this job with its ups and down just like everything in life. You only get out of it what youre prepared to put into it.

Dave Willis

« Reply #149 on: December 19, 2011, 07:34:50 am »
Why people always look at the daily figures makes me smile, on some jobs if you price it up right and with easy access its possible to go over the £1000 barrier, I have many times, but there are the other days when you are at home looking out of the window at the 10 foot snow drifts or thunder and lightning storms, these days you earn .00.

I would rather look at the monthly figures.

That's nothing I make £2000 a day............................................................................ and that's before I wake up.

« Reply #150 on: December 19, 2011, 08:19:50 am »
who the hell WANTS to work all weather IDIOTS!

♠Winp®oClean♠

« Reply #151 on: December 19, 2011, 08:30:48 am »
Why people always look at the daily figures makes me smile, on some jobs if you price it up right and with easy access its possible to go over the £1000 barrier, I have many times, but there are the other days when you are at home looking out of the window at the 10 foot snow drifts or thunder and lightning storms, these days you earn .00.

That's nothing I make £2000 a day............................................................................ and that's before I wake up.

Let's face it Mark, anything less than 2k isn't really worth waking up for eh?

I lost a 2k bungalow yesterday, however, I walked round the corner & picked up a 1-window shop front up for 2.5k! ;)

Window Washers

« Reply #152 on: December 19, 2011, 08:53:25 am »
who the hell WANTS to work all weather IDIOTS!
do you have staff, and if so do you pay them wages to sit and look out of windows in anything but nice weather ?
I work in all weathers,  I know which I would prefer and sitting watching the rain is not one I like to do, oh can't work today its cold outside, not a very bright thing to say really is it,

From an idiot to another  ;)  ;D.
If your not willing to learn, No one can help you, If you are determined to learn, No one can stop you ;)

« Reply #153 on: December 19, 2011, 09:13:41 am »

Did I say I do that all the time, NO

It has happened on a few occasions and hopefully on more to come, if you want to call me liar, say so and I can show you the jobs involved

Window Washers

« Reply #154 on: December 19, 2011, 09:17:42 am »

Did I say I do that all the time, NO

It has happened on a few occasions and hopefully on more to come, if you want to call me liar, say so and I can show you the jobs involved
William don't fan the flames, let thewm have thier own thoughts, whens your next holiday and where you going this time?   ;)
If your not willing to learn, No one can help you, If you are determined to learn, No one can stop you ;)

dazmond

« Reply #155 on: December 19, 2011, 09:18:11 am »
im not working today its raining and still a bit icy.i do work in bad weather when ive got work i want to get done though.

im off to look at some drum kits with the missus! ;) ;D ;D

the great thing about window cleaning is the flexibilty IMO.ive never worked full time for years now and still earn ok.enough for my needs.

i know plenty of people who are working 40+ HOURS A WEEK and earn a lot less.the problem with window cleaning is if you get enough work for every single day of the month you still get behind from time to time and it becomes a daily grind and you start hating the job.trust me i know!!

worse thing you can do is compare yourself with other window cleaners.you ll become very bitter some of you!!! ;D ;D ;D

as for richard speech you wont last mate unless you change your attitude and working practices.

if you speed through your work at a very fast rate and charge top dollar you ll lose work.customers are not stupid!work at a brisk pace yes but make sure you do a good job!! ;D ;D ;D ;D
price higher/work harder!

Klean07

« Reply #156 on: December 19, 2011, 10:15:36 am »
im not working today its raining and still a bit icy.i do work in bad weather when ive got work i want to get done though.

im off to look at some drum kits with the missus! ;) ;D ;D

the great thing about window cleaning is the flexibilty IMO.ive never worked full time for years now and still earn ok.enough for my needs.

i know plenty of people who are working 40+ HOURS A WEEK and earn a lot less.the problem with window cleaning is if you get enough work for every single day of the month you still get behind from time to time and it becomes a daily grind and you start hating the job.trust me i know!!

worse thing you can do is compare yourself with other window cleaners.you ll become very bitter some of you!!! ;D ;D ;D

as for richard speech you wont last mate unless you change your attitude and working practices.

if you speed through your work at a very fast rate and charge top dollar you ll lose work.customers are not stupid!work at a brisk pace yes but make sure you do a good job!! ;D ;D ;D ;D
I agree 100% with this comment!!
kkleanwindowcleaning.co.uk

Taylor & Taylor WC Services

« Reply #157 on: December 19, 2011, 11:49:23 am »
i set myself £350 pound worth for a full day,

Working on your own?

You're pricing well to earn that alone!!?

« Reply #158 on: December 19, 2011, 02:13:05 pm »
window washers listen up, i dont employ others, but if i did i would employ them on a self employed basis simple as that, and i would not want or expect them to in heavy rain, there are safety reasons here to. when it is raining i do  not sit looking out of window thinking how much money i am losing ,and who said anything about not working because its cold.this is for the idiot obviously

Joff Buss

« Reply #159 on: December 19, 2011, 06:22:39 pm »
How many idiots and billy-bull-pooters can gather in one place