Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here
Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

Darren O

6.6 vacs
« on: November 16, 2011, 05:21:34 pm »
I see you can buy the 6.6vacs on Ebay for £160incl vat and delivery good price but are they realy worth all the hype and how much better are they from the 5.7 vacs.Also posted this on Cleantalk but when ever i post on there i have to wait for approval from one of the mods incase i say something bad or silly.

Darren O

Re: 6.6 vacs
« Reply #1 on: November 16, 2011, 05:33:32 pm »
Its the guy from Accessory Planet thats selling them

Darren O

« Reply #3 on: November 16, 2011, 05:42:28 pm »
Good for you Col and whats a few amps and cfm got to do with anything

from edge2edge

« Reply #4 on: November 16, 2011, 05:54:10 pm »
Hi Guys could you just stick them in an old portie which needs new vacs(i think a new bracket is required though) and save alot on buying a new jaguar or am i missing something as usual.........Alan

Robin Ray

« Reply #5 on: November 16, 2011, 06:00:32 pm »
Hi Guys could you just stick them in an old portie which needs new vacs(i think a new bracket is required though) and save alot on buying a new jaguar or am i missing something as usual.........Alan

Thats what I was thinking!

Basically a 3k machine for under £500 if you include a pump upgrade. Its what ill be doing.

Thackley Cleaning Services

« Reply #6 on: November 16, 2011, 06:16:05 pm »
someone from amtech told me that you couldnt run two 6.6 vacs off a single cord.

Robin Ray

« Reply #7 on: November 16, 2011, 06:19:18 pm »
Why?

john martin

« Reply #8 on: November 16, 2011, 06:37:00 pm »
Think i will post my humble thoughts on this vac and some alternatives later on another thread insted of hijaking your but ....

No reason you cannot fit them to any machine with afew fitting mods ...
I believe they use the same fitting size as a 7.2 so that would be a straight swap ...
No reason why you cant put two  on one cord .... perhaps the guy that told you that was thinking in USA terms ... in the UK the each 6.6 will draw about 5 to 6 amps ...

They are 160 dollers on steambrite but by the time you ship them here +tax etc im sure the e-bay price is good ...

there seems to be no hako tube for hose attachment ... so to fit most machines you would have to get one welded on ... id say any local engineering shop will fit a 1.5 " tube to it for you ...

Good vac overall so snap them up before he sells out  :D

Jamie Pearson

« Reply #9 on: November 16, 2011, 08:27:27 pm »
someone from amtech told me that you couldnt run two 6.6 vacs off a single cord.

How are the Airflex Storm and Jags configured?

Jim_77

« Reply #10 on: November 16, 2011, 09:02:21 pm »
Not sure about the airflex but the jag has one vac and the water pump on one cable, and the other vac plus  pump-out on the other

John, if the motors could be put 2 to a cable don't you think the UK firms would do that and install a heater on the other cable? ;)

john martin

« Reply #11 on: November 16, 2011, 09:19:59 pm »

John, if the motors could be put 2 to a cable don't you think the UK firms would do that and install a heater on the other cable? ;)

isnt that what alltec and extracta do for example ...  certainly the ones iv used .. :)

two 6.6 on one cord in the usa @120v = 24 amps
two 6.6 0n one cord in UK    @230v     = 12 amps

Jim_77

« Reply #12 on: November 16, 2011, 09:27:32 pm »
I think in practice it works out a bit more than that... too close to make it safe.

It's all very well having something intermittently pulling a current close to 13a but something that could be on for hours at a time I think is too dangerous for all that load on a single cable.

john martin

« Reply #13 on: November 16, 2011, 09:33:10 pm »
I think in practice it works out a bit more than that... too close to make it safe.

It's all very well having something intermittently pulling a current close to 13a but something that could be on for hours at a time I think is too dangerous for all that load on a single cable.

these will draw a little less than the usual 5.7 ...  so if alltec are putting two 5.7 and a pump on one cord ... whats the problem  :)

Jim_77

« Reply #14 on: November 16, 2011, 09:35:56 pm »
Time will tell, maybe someone will put two 6.6s on one cable.  Begs the question why it isn't being done already.  After all, what's the most common thing people say about the high performance machines?  Great performance, if it had a heater it would be perfect......

john martin

« Reply #15 on: November 16, 2011, 09:46:40 pm »
Time will tell, maybe someone will put two 6.6s on one cable.  Begs the question why it isn't being done already.  After all, what's the most common thing people say about the high performance machines?  Great performance, if it had a heater it would be perfect......

OK  ...Go through this list of vacs .... look at the amp drawing , which is given for both 120v and 230v versions ... see how the 230v amp rating is almost half the 120 for each similar vac ...
http://www.centralvacuummotor.com/lighthouse.htm

the reasons why no one put two 6.6 on one cord ...
the jag is maxed out for the USA 120v ... there is no other way they could do it and include ... huge ( to big to me ) pump  and auto pump .

Jim_77

« Reply #16 on: November 16, 2011, 10:19:52 pm »
We were born with an autopilot set toward Hell. It is nothing to take lightly - Hell is the single greatest tragedy in the universe - REPENT and Choose Christ Today!

That text is printed on the web page you linked to

If you get your stats from this company who knows what other bull you'll swallow! :D :D :D

Jim_77

« Reply #17 on: November 16, 2011, 10:25:19 pm »
Have a look at this

http://www.centralvacuummotor.com/Product%20Bulletin/122236-18.pdf

Orifice size 1.5" = amp draw of 7.4 amps.

It's a complicated bit of maths but multiply that by two and you get 14.8.  Even further mathematical acrobatics would allow you to subtract 13 from 14.8 to result in a remainder of 1.8 amps more than deemed allowable for a UK circuit.

Even if you use a different orifice size it still comes out too much unless you use the sizes that are way too small for the use of these motors in the machines we're talking about

A very reputable and knowledgeable person in our industry has actually put a voltage meter across a 6.6 motor in use and it gave a real-world reading of 7.19A

Like I said, if it could be done it would have been done surely ???

john martin

« Reply #18 on: November 16, 2011, 10:26:19 pm »
We were born with an autopilot set toward Hell. It is nothing to take lightly - Hell is the single greatest tragedy in the universe - REPENT and Choose Christ Today!

That text is printed on the web page you linked to

If you get your stats from this company who knows what other bull you'll swallow! :D :D :D

lol ... i didn't know what you were talking about ...  i looked at every vac on that site for about an hour ..and didn't spot any of that stuff ...
hope you didn't watch the you tube link ... ::)

Simon@arenaclean

« Reply #19 on: November 16, 2011, 10:52:52 pm »
As I understand it's the initial draw at start up where the problem occurs, both vacs on one cable would draw too much, obviously this has not yet been negated even with seperate switching. Going back to the Alltec pro which included a 3k heater, the vacs were on one cable indivdually switched which never caused me a problem. so the issue is with the 6.6 vacs. The Airflex Storm has the vacs split on to each cable with the remote system on one and the pump on the other. The pump out is mechanical. I agree with Colin I don't know why the twin 6.6 works better than tripple 5.7's but it does.