Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here
Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

Forum Admin

Re: How can we make Cleanitup even better?
« Reply #80 on: February 02, 2012, 02:54:43 pm »
Great thanks for that Hilton, we are currently in the process of putting a rounds for sale section live.

We will have a look at cleaning this section up and making it easier for all.

Thanks so much.

Ashley Brothwood

« Reply #81 on: February 04, 2012, 08:18:31 pm »
It would be great with a section for all documents. Although there is a section now a lot of it is jut people asking if anyone has got any which works well but if there was a section people could upload documents to and anyone could access these documents like sample risk assessments, meathod statements, coshh sheets etc. it would save people sending the same document to a lot of different people

Tom White

« Reply #82 on: February 06, 2012, 10:23:37 pm »
I would like a 'LIKE' button, so people can pay me respect by 'liking' all my funny and/or clever posts.

That is all.

Matt Gibson

« Reply #83 on: February 14, 2012, 02:12:09 pm »

Allan Simmons

« Reply #84 on: February 27, 2012, 03:25:53 pm »
Just a dedicated section on Marketing, that's my passion, and although we already have a successful multivan operation you can always pick up ONE idea on here that makes a difference to the business and makes it worthwhile logging in and seeing what's going on.

Plus the banter is great!

Al.

wolfee101

« Reply #85 on: February 27, 2012, 03:53:41 pm »
some sort of rating system 5 stars like amazon,for a post...you could identify a good post quickly....rather than looking at the number of replies/views

wouldn`t read so much dross......plus a thumbs up or down for certain comments

« Reply #86 on: March 17, 2012, 07:05:20 pm »
get rid of the documents section,it is a waste of bandwidth. People who do not contribute to the forum scrounging documents that they could make themselves if they took the time. I commented on a thread today that was started in 2007 and was added to today and was just "me too".

Most experienced people on here will help others if they contribute to the forum, but not just to scroungers who have less than 100 posts between 50 of them.....

Sorry for the rant..

rosskesava

« Reply #87 on: March 19, 2012, 01:03:49 am »
Speed it up.

I just got fed up with trying to post a reply and went to another website. When I came back to CIU, another person had posted so I hit the 'post' button only for it to time out after ages of waiting.

This problem of the speed of the forum website and how long it takes to load is a repeated complaint.

I post this in the hope that something that has been a bug bear for ages might actually get acted upon but I doubt it.

Like Basil Faulty in Faulty Towers, I'm stating the 'bleeding obvious'.

Actually, thinking about it, does anything posting here ever get acted on or is it just a pr job?
Just chant..... Hare Krsna, Hare Krsna, Krsna Krsna, Hare Hare, Hare Rama, Hare Rama, Rama Rama, Hare Hare. It's beats chanting Tory Tory or Labour Labour.

Mike_Boxall

« Reply #88 on: March 19, 2012, 02:36:45 pm »
Speed it up.

I just got fed up with trying to post a reply and went to another website. When I came back to CIU, another person had posted so I hit the 'post' button only for it to time out after ages of waiting.

This problem of the speed of the forum website and how long it takes to load is a repeated complaint.

I post this in the hope that something that has been a bug bear for ages might actually get acted upon but I doubt it.

Like Basil Faulty in Faulty Towers, I'm stating the 'bleeding obvious'.

Actually, thinking about it, does anything posting here ever get acted on or is it just a pr job?

Hi Ross

Sorry for the frustration but please be assured, if there continues to be a problem we'll keep looking at it. When we last looked at the speed issue it seemed to be an intermittent problem which was put down to the time the backups were being done. This was consequently changed and appeared to solve the problem. I've had no problems recently and until I saw your post here I wasn't aware there was an ongoing issue. We'll look into it again and if anyone else has a speed problem, now or in the future, hopefully they'll post it here rather than assume it's something that's just being ignored - unfortunately if we don't know about it, it won't get fixed.

Will get someone to post an update here once it's been looked at again.

Regards

Mike

rosskesava

« Reply #89 on: March 19, 2012, 10:31:15 pm »
Mike - thank you for replying.

I was getting a little frustrated at the constant waiting and I was assuming the intermittent problem of the speed of the forum was being ignored.

My posting was a bit sarky and a bit unwarranted and for those, I apologise.
Just chant..... Hare Krsna, Hare Krsna, Krsna Krsna, Hare Hare, Hare Rama, Hare Rama, Rama Rama, Hare Hare. It's beats chanting Tory Tory or Labour Labour.

rosskesava

« Reply #90 on: January 16, 2013, 09:12:07 pm »

Page created in 81 seconds.

I'm still getting the same 'intermittent' problem.

Nothing's changed since the last time I posted on here about the same issue.

Please, please can it get sorted out. It sometimes puts me off going on this forum.

formb

« Reply #91 on: February 05, 2013, 05:47:43 pm »
Page created in 81 seconds.

I'm still getting the same 'intermittent' problem.

Nothing's changed since the last time I posted on here about the same issue.

Please, please can it get sorted out. It sometimes puts me off going on this forum.

I get the same issue probably about 1 in 50 takes ages the rest of the time it's fine.

Also SORT THE ROLLEYES  ::)

Forum Admin

« Reply #92 on: February 06, 2013, 10:32:29 am »
Hmm sorry you occasinally get speed issues - I will take a look into how we can streamline the database down and try to make it more efficient.

In terms of the rolly eyes I can't see a problem!?  ::)

Can you not choose them from the list of smileys!?

Edited: Now I see the rolly eyes problem - will look into this also!

::)roll - This is now sorted!!

*Hector*

« Reply #93 on: February 06, 2013, 10:49:57 am »
 ::)roll
Everyday this forum slips further from God.  :'(

formb

« Reply #94 on: February 06, 2013, 10:57:46 am »
Hmm sorry you occasinally get speed issues - I will take a look into how we can streamline the database down and try to make it more efficient.

In terms of the rolly eyes I can't see a problem!?  ::)

Can you not choose them from the list of smileys!?

Edited: Now I see the rolly eyes problem - will look into this also!

::)roll - This is now sorted!!

Yay!

*Hector*

« Reply #95 on: February 06, 2013, 04:20:46 pm »
 ;D

AuRavelling79

« Reply #96 on: February 06, 2013, 09:18:37 pm »
Well done Soapy Souter! I've been trying to get the rolley eyes fixed for years; no one listens to me but as soon as you say it it gets fixed!

I'm back off to Eeyore's gloomy corner.

It's a game of three halves!

didiadmin

« Reply #97 on: February 20, 2013, 06:01:02 pm »
Hi guys, i think a search bar to jump to what it is your looking for would be a great advantage. Didi Floor Shine ADMIN.

*Hector*

« Reply #98 on: February 20, 2013, 06:57:26 pm »

A bit like the one at the top of the page you mean ??

;D

didiadmin

« Reply #99 on: February 20, 2013, 08:15:35 pm »
I`m Aware thats there but i mean like a google search where its basically in your face on the home page and as you type it makes suggestions to what your looking for. i typed advertising and it did not give me much at all. There must be more posts than the menu search is giving me. ???