Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here
Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

Paul Coleman

Re: How can we make Cleanitup even better?
« Reply #60 on: November 24, 2011, 08:03:40 pm »
Hi Jeff

maybe we should have a mod corner at the next cleaning show, so people can come and see that we are human, and have no hidden agendas, and all we want is an easy life.

Apart from over zealous moderators banning people of which i have seen at times .the rest of us wait until we can tolerate no more of certain people who press the self destruct button

A self destruct button?  Now that's an interesting idea.  Maybe that would stop working as well on the next upgrade  :)

Brian Scott

« Reply #61 on: November 25, 2011, 06:04:07 pm »
perhaps a for sale section where people can trade or sell used items they no longer require, I know you can do it on any of the sections but a specific area for that would make things easier to navigate

Billy Russell

« Reply #62 on: November 25, 2011, 07:54:34 pm »
perhaps a for sale section where people can trade or sell used items they no longer require, I know you can do it on any of the sections but a specific area for that would make things easier to navigate

They got one!!!!! Brian is this a wind up???  ;D ;D ;D

Catherine10

« Reply #63 on: November 25, 2011, 08:17:10 pm »
To be honest I think admin are fair.  Think they do the best in the circumstances given

Brian Scott

« Reply #64 on: November 25, 2011, 10:01:08 pm »
no I meant for each section like cleaning issues, generally asked questions, resources and then buy sell or trade equipment. four links for each section

amayze

« Reply #66 on: November 27, 2011, 09:13:18 am »
Split the window cleaning thread in two, one for trad one for wfp.

rosskesava

« Reply #67 on: November 29, 2011, 12:57:23 am »
Split the window cleaning thread in two, one for trad one for wfp.

That is a great idea.
Just chant..... Hare Krsna, Hare Krsna, Krsna Krsna, Hare Hare, Hare Rama, Hare Rama, Rama Rama, Hare Hare. It's beats chanting Tory Tory or Labour Labour.

Brian Scott

« Reply #68 on: December 14, 2011, 01:41:22 pm »
What about a story section where every one can post the funny things they see or do whilst out and about

Forum Admin

« Reply #69 on: December 16, 2011, 03:27:55 pm »
Hi,

The "mark as read" button functions as it should do now and so to does the "new" button which takes you to latest unread post in a topic!

Thanks

geefree

« Reply #70 on: December 20, 2011, 10:51:18 pm »
too many special offers by adin  topics,  not enough curbing of non topical stuff,... and admin guys should listen more and stop being so " i am the gaffer what i say goes."

;D

rosskesava

« Reply #71 on: January 03, 2012, 01:45:05 pm »
I think checking out new members is just not practical or even possible.

What I think would be of benefit is if member had their rough location underneath their forum id.

It's just nice to know where abouts in the country the person is.
Just chant..... Hare Krsna, Hare Krsna, Krsna Krsna, Hare Hare, Hare Rama, Hare Rama, Rama Rama, Hare Hare. It's beats chanting Tory Tory or Labour Labour.

RO-Sheen

« Reply #72 on: January 04, 2012, 11:27:40 pm »
Put a 'like' button on similiar to facebook.
when there is a debate going on and if you agree with a comment it would be good to be given the option to 'like' rather than always having to comment. You would find that threads will not go on to 6/7/8 pages long were people are just repeating our peoples comments.
By pressing like it will display your name for all to see and people can see how many 'likes' a comment would have.
I am thinking about a thread titled 'you're sacked' on the window cleaning website over the past few days.
Formerly known as GARGAAX

Aqua-dapter

« Reply #73 on: January 07, 2012, 02:56:14 pm »
The "mark as read" button functions as it should do now and so to does the "new" button which takes you to latest unread post in a topic!
Thanks.

The "insert quote" button still doesn't work, is there an ETA on a fix?

I don't like the idea of a dislike button.

I think a. 'Thank you' button would give members an easy way to show appreciation
+1

Put a 'like' button on similiar to facebook.
when there is a debate going on and if you agree with a comment it would be good to be given the option to 'like' rather than always having to comment. You would find that threads will not go on to 6/7/8 pages long were people are just repeating our peoples comments.
+1

What I think would be of benefit is if member had their rough location underneath their forum id.
+1 Although perhaps this should be selected from a list?  It wouldn't be that useful if everyone filled it in as "the moon" etc.!

Paul

RO-Sheen

« Reply #74 on: January 08, 2012, 11:39:27 am »
I would like to see a 'star' function that we could click if a particular thread was of interest.

Often in the past I have read a thread that I think would be useful for me in the future and would like to refer back to it at a later date. Threads like a recommendation of a product, service, tips or alternative equipment. I may not be in a position to make use of these threads at the moment but it would be good if I could star them and they will be listed on the side of my screen so I can easily find them when I need them.

Its quite often we see threads from people looking for the thread on such and such.
Formerly known as GARGAAX

dnd

« Reply #75 on: January 12, 2012, 05:56:15 pm »
Hi everyone,

the idea of using real names is a very good one and could help establishing a more professional correspondence, I think.
I am NOT using Facebook, but if our companies' websites are shown, everybody could check the name of a member/company.Even if one does not have a website, they should have a company name, isn't it?
There could be whole sections for non-members/guests with restricted access...

Mike Halliday

« Reply #76 on: January 12, 2012, 06:17:42 pm »
Hi everyone,

the idea of using real names is a very good one and could help establishing a more professional correspondence, I think.
I am NOT using Facebook, but if our companies' websites are shown, everybody could check the name of a member/company.Even if one does not have a website, they should have a company name, isn't it?
There could be whole sections for non-members/guests with restricted access...

errrr.... how about leading by example...'dnd'
Mike Halliday.  www.henryhalliday.co.uk

Pete Miller

« Reply #77 on: January 24, 2012, 02:43:15 pm »
Hi everyone

We're currently looking to put more resources into developing the forum and adding new features to it.

As part of this process we wanted to get some initial feedback on the sort of things you think would make Cleanitup an even more useful resource and thought that a new section would help facilitate that.

So, over to you, what do you think we could do to improve it?

Regards

Mike

Can I suggest a search box, so that you can type in the topic you are looking for information on?

Thanks,

Pete Miller
Solent Maintenance Services

Ian Gourlay

« Reply #78 on: January 24, 2012, 09:19:54 pm »
After Cleanitup heading top of page  third box in Is that what you are looking for ?

Hilton

« Reply #79 on: February 02, 2012, 02:44:29 pm »
The Business For Sale section is a mess and needs tidying up.

Its been taken over by window rounds wanted or for sale which is just work for sale not a business, so they probably need a dedicated board.

I think its putting off people who would like to advertise other real business opportunities,