Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here
Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

Morph

Re: First WFP job lost
« Reply #40 on: November 19, 2005, 09:29:20 pm »
TW CONTRACTS :What a load of rubish,come and look at my windows,any muppet can clean commercial,cus the standard is normally poorer,unless you take every clean as though its your last[like Ido] domestic is more skill than luck.

gaza

This man speaks like a true window cleaner..........on the edge..Maybe of his skills, maybe the windowcill, but he is a grafter.  Salt of the earth.
Don't knock it!  I like your post Gaza

Pj

pjulk

« Reply #41 on: November 19, 2005, 09:42:38 pm »
you will get complaints 9 times out of 10 when using wfp domesticaly

This made me laugh. You must be crap at cleaning windows if you are getting 9 out of 10 complaining.

Paul

How many did you clean with your trolley.
I don't think it will take you long to get up to speed one of my customers said you did an excellent job on there windows.

You do get the odd one which never seems to WFP good you soon learn which one's

I had one yesterday new customer just moved in.
WFP'ed the upstairs and this had years of crap on so used loads of water.
As it was dripping down it was going inside the downstairs windows and they were closed.

Anyway before i even did the downstairs i showed the customer that his windows were leaking and he thanked me for showing him and said he wouldn't have know if i did not wash them with a pole.
But they would have leaked in the rain anyway.
He's getting his dad to sort the windows out as his a builder and got a £2 for pointing out the problem.

Some people just don't like WFP and the first month converting them is the worst but it's still rare they cancel.

All that running water makes me want to pee more
Im having that problem at the moment with the weather now got a bit colder to.

Paul

« Reply #42 on: November 19, 2005, 09:55:34 pm »
HELP!!!!   I am going to lose 9 out of 10 of my customers... oops....  hang on  a mo..  I must be doing something wrong with this new fangled WFP stuff coz I do nearly all domestic and haven't had one complain so far in 6 months.

TW Contracts...  can you teach me how you do it please? I must be doing SOMETHING wrong and I reckon you are the man to show me  ;D

Take PRIDE in your work and it pays off VERY well.

I believe thats the real sentiment behind the origin of this thread.

Andrew

gaza

« Reply #43 on: November 19, 2005, 10:45:09 pm »
Paul:Think of the heat escaping from them as well.I refuused to do a job for the council the other month,about a 250 squid + job after Ipointed out to the problem to the council.The windows in the beam engine room werernt safe,ready to fallout
a couple of them  just up above the public enterance,thankyou was his reply,later I found out due to my report they are sprending several 1000s of pounds rebuilding a new one.Iwas asked once its been built would Ilike to clean it,would I AND CAN iCLEAN THE HALL AS WELL,IT WOULD BE THE SAME AS CLEANING BUCKINGHAM PALACE,TOP CLASS JOB.Im on about Wollo hall Brett mind you you know about it all ready.

gaza
IM AT THAT AGE MY BACK GOES OUT MORE THAN I DO

Paul Coleman

« Reply #44 on: November 20, 2005, 11:53:31 am »
you will get complaints 9 times out of 10 when using wfp domesticaly

This made me laugh. You must be crap at cleaning windows if you are getting 9 out of 10 complaining.

Paul

How many did you clean with your trolley.
I don't think it will take you long to get up to speed one of my customers said you did an excellent job on there windows.

You do get the odd one which never seems to WFP good you soon learn which one's

Thanks for the positive feedback Paul.  I have been back to several jobs since to check the windows over and they vary between "acceptable" to "very good".  Mind you, I didn't ask the customer though.  I take the view that if I'm happy with what I've done, there's a decent chance the customer will be too.
I am going to master this stuff and start earning some very good money from it too.  I can look back to 1991 when I first started squeegeeing and have a chuckle at the stuff I did then.  It will be the same with WFP too I'm sure.  The beauty of this is that in 1991 I had no internet.  Now, I do, and I can get some good indicators of where I might go wrong and how to put it right.
Although I did start frame cleaning the trad way to prepare for WFP, I got fed up with that after a while.  The windows I've been cleaning by WFP recently are ones that I didn't prepare.  So there is a method to me reverting back to ladders for a short while.  It will enable me to switch back to preparing the frames for WFP and to clean the remainder of the house windows with the Unger liquid (as opposed to Fairy).

« Reply #45 on: November 20, 2005, 12:37:08 pm »
You are going to get the very best out of your WFP equipment Shiner.

With your dedication to high standards and the ability to learn from others you will live up to your nic and.. SHINE...  and so will your windows.  In a few weeks you will be noticing just how good the windows are when you go back to clean them. Then all this will seem very worthwhile.

All the very best with it. ( Not that you need me to say so)

Andrew

busydaffodil

« Reply #46 on: November 20, 2005, 01:53:15 pm »
Its like *handbags at dawn* here!! ;)

Thankfully Andrew came along & said sommat nice!

Lizzy waits for the backlash from the handbag brigade! :P

Paul Coleman

« Reply #47 on: November 21, 2005, 07:11:35 pm »
Just to resurrect this thread briefly.  I went out to work for a while yesterday (Sunday) and made up my mind to absolutely flood the windows when rinsing no matter how much water I used.  When I'd done that, I rinsed again.  I used loads  Today, I got the ladder out and checked over all the work I did yesterday.  The results were as perfect as you could wish for.  Even the first job I did a few weeks ago as an experiment, which looked disastrous at the time, came up beautifully.  So thanks to the forum.  My confidence took a temporary knock at the balls up I made the other day but I feel more OK about it now.
Today, one of my customers expressed a certain amount of dismay at my WFPing - even though I warned her a few weeks ago.  It was nothing to do with the window cleaning though.  She was concerned that the water would get on the wooden cladding, freeze up, and then split the wood.  When I replied that it was not really any different to heavy rain followedf by a freeze up she replied "But it's not raining" - totally missing my point I think.  She just said something about seeing how it goes "this time".  Ironically, this is one of those awkward jobs where I used to put a point ladder onto the corners of the bays and, if truth be told, I wasn't totally comfortable with it but did it anyway (should I own up to that on here?)   :) . The ground falls away and it's a bit of a pain off a ladder.  I did say that if she wanted to employ someone who uses ladders, there might be safety issues.  WFP is a particularly good thing for jobs of this type.
I had pre-warned this customer re WFP but I think she wasn't able to imagine the reality of it.  She wanted to come out of her front door while I was cleaning the window above it - oops !! - and I really was giving it a mega rinsing.

Paul Coleman

« Reply #48 on: November 21, 2005, 07:15:41 pm »
You are going to get the very best out of your WFP equipment Shiner.

With your dedication to high standards and the ability to learn from others you will live up to your nic and.. SHINE...  and so will your windows.  In a few weeks you will be noticing just how good the windows are when you go back to clean them. Then all this will seem very worthwhile.

All the very best with it. ( Not that you need me to say so)

Andrew

Thanks Andrew.  Although I do sometimes suffer from arrogance,  I am not too arrogant to be teachable.
I'm one of those people who doesn't suffer fools gladly and that sometimes makes me the fool  :)
Love your trolley mate.  Cant you put and engine and steering wheel on it though?   :)