Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here
Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

Simon@ Clearview contractors

WANTED Diesel pressure washer
« on: October 22, 2011, 09:46:45 pm »
As the title says, I'm after a diesel PW

Blast Away

Re: WANTED Diesel pressure washer
« Reply #1 on: October 22, 2011, 10:15:55 pm »
As the title says, I'm after a diesel PW

Got a Honda Diesel 9hp with a Cat 45 mate.

Took it off the van about 3 weeks ago and replaced with a new Yanmar L100v I bought.

Reason it came off was the starter needs changing and rather than mess about at the time getting it changed we had no time to so did a quick swap to carry on working.
Starters are about £50 from Paul's in Bolton or you could get the one on it recon'd down the road about the same price.

It's on a Brendon frame base only(no wheels) as it was chopped to fit next to IBC tank in van on side door to be connected to hose reel. Still got the white pump cover though with hose reel and hose.

Cat Pump had new seals in May.

£500

« Reply #2 on: October 22, 2011, 11:12:52 pm »
Yanmar L100? i had a good working one of those today until the interpump shattered and covered the van in oil and debris.  It was a cracking machine up until then.

Will have to think about that honda as really I was hoping for 1 with wheels on the frame so I can move it in and out of the van when needed.

Blast Away

« Reply #3 on: October 23, 2011, 01:46:50 am »
Yanmar L100? i had a good working one of those today until the interpump shattered and covered the van in oil and debris.  It was a cracking machine up until then.

Will have to think about that honda as really I was hoping for 1 with wheels on the frame so I can move it in and out of the van when needed.

L100v

How did it shatter?

Why aren't just buying a new pump and gearbox then?

One here for £250
http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/interpump-ws201-15l-per-minute-honda-pressure-washer-/110761693488?pt=UK_Home_Garden_PowerTools_SM&hash=item19c9e95130#ht_500wt_1413

Blast Away

« Reply #4 on: October 23, 2011, 10:16:44 am »
The sale of this would go nicely towards the clutch that's just gone on the van this morning... :(

Kenny83

« Reply #5 on: October 24, 2011, 09:36:42 pm »
The sale of this would go nicely towards the clutch that's just gone on the van this morning... :(
How much have you been quoted for that Lee? Ive just boguht a merc vito, runs mint
Pressure Washing -
www.powerwashcleaning.co.uk

Blast Away

« Reply #6 on: October 24, 2011, 10:14:12 pm »
How much have you been quoted for that Lee? Ive just boguht a merc vito, runs mint

£250 for clutch and flywheel, £90 for starter, £120 labour. The van was already booked in this week for back brakes to be done and MOT. Then will be taxing it, so it's looking like just short of a grand to sort it worse scenario.

Had to borrow a van for tonight. Going out at midnight doing a job that's being filmed for channel 4. Sods law the van does that on me the day before, I wanted my van on TV!  ;D

Kenny83

« Reply #7 on: October 24, 2011, 10:25:23 pm »

£250 for clutch and flywheel, £90 for starter, £120 labour. The van was already booked in this week for back brakes to be done and MOT. Then will be taxing it, so it's looking like just short of a grand to sort it worse scenario.

Had to borrow a van for tonight. Going out at midnight doing a job that's being filmed for channel 4. Sods law the van does that on me the day before, I wanted my van on TV!  ;D
Take my transit, signed up for me!  ;D
Pressure Washing -
www.powerwashcleaning.co.uk

Blast Away

« Reply #8 on: October 24, 2011, 10:29:06 pm »

Take my transit, signed up for me!  ;D

;D

I've had to lift the bowser onto a flat bed pickup and strap it down, look like a right pikey!

Matt Gibson

« Reply #9 on: October 25, 2011, 06:02:49 pm »
shoulda just got your van towed to the job, unloaded, done the job and got your van filmed then towed it home...thats even more like a pikey ;D

« Reply #10 on: October 28, 2011, 11:15:53 pm »

L100v

How did it shatter?

Why aren't just buying a new pump and gearbox then?

One here for £250
http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/interpump-ws201-15l-per-minute-honda-pressure-washer-/110761693488?pt=UK_Home_Garden_PowerTools_SM&hash=item19c9e95130#ht_500wt_1413

Sorry about the delay replying, ive been to Cornwall for a few days.

That's the engine I'm talking about...

Bit of a long story really but here goes...A couple of months ago I notices strange noises while the machine was running but thought nowt of it anyway after I'd unloaded the machine I noticed a sheared-off bolthead, after a good look over the machine I noticed the whole pump unit had managed to untighten itself from the engine /keydrive it had also snapped one of the corners of the pump mount.  I took the machine to be repaired and he told me that the key had been almost flattened by the impact of rotating and catching.  The mech welded a new key into place(he told me he couldn't gaurantee as it should be a scrapper) and bolted the pump back on using better screws and huge washers to spread the load.

Well about 10hrs of work and it's Donald Ducked!!

ARE YOU SURE THAT PUMP ADVERTISED IS THE RIGHT ONE FOR THE YANMAR?

Thanks, Simon

Matt Gibson

« Reply #11 on: October 29, 2011, 05:14:32 pm »
If the keyshaft on the engine has been welded, and then broken, youll need a whole new engine as well as the pump.

« Reply #12 on: October 29, 2011, 09:14:18 pm »
If the keyshaft on the engine has been welded, and then broken, youll need a whole new engine as well as the pump.

I know about this, although I'm not sure if the weld has broken since it was done.

Ive replaced the machine today anyhow, a yanmar L100 with hawk pump £400 8)