This is an advertisement
Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here

Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

sunshine windies

angry customer
« on: September 28, 2011, 05:07:57 pm »
A customer reckons I scratched his car with my pole today, pretty sure I didn't as I didn't feel or hear anything.....he is convinced it was me and threatening to call the police, I just said to him I don't want to claim on my insurance for something I didn't do I'm not even convinced my pole could scratch it as it has rubber and tape on the end .......nightmare  :(

Steve Sed

Re: angry customer
« Reply #1 on: September 28, 2011, 05:11:16 pm »
Tell him to call the police if you are certain it wasn't you. They won't be remotely interested. They certainly won't prosecute. He is a twazzock.

« Reply #2 on: September 28, 2011, 05:14:36 pm »
Offer to do the next time for half.  If it wasn't you, it'll be an idiot on a Toyota in the car park that does it.

Steve Sed

« Reply #3 on: September 28, 2011, 05:16:29 pm »
Offer to do the next time for half.  If it wasn't you, it'll be an idiot on a Toyota in the car park that does it.

If it were my car and I really thought it was you. I'd be insulted. Just tell him it wasn't you, dump him and move on.

david watts

« Reply #4 on: September 28, 2011, 05:53:02 pm »
dont offer to do it for half thats addmission of liabilty ;)
life is like a box of chocolates you get the crap no one else wants

Ian101

« Reply #5 on: September 28, 2011, 05:54:45 pm »
deny deny deny and drop if u have to

Blue Frog Systems

« Reply #6 on: September 28, 2011, 06:09:53 pm »
I once scratched a customers 6 month old bmw ... whipped the pole hose and the rectus 21 made a small scratch on his drivers door.

Over ridden with guilt i knocked the door, owned up, showed him and offered to pay for the repair.

He laughed so much that i thought he was going to go that mad that he would end up on tablets or something. He was laughing for a good 5 mins whilst i stood there feeling really bad.

When he got himself together he said thanks for being honest, but dont worry about it. Told him i would like to fix it as i know its his pride and joy and i felt really bad.

He told me to take a look at the other side of the car

Turned out his mrs had drove her car right down the side of his the day previous and it was going in for a full respray later that day. It was a right mess !
Only those who risk going too far will truly know how far they can actually go

Avo

« Reply #7 on: September 28, 2011, 06:34:50 pm »
I bet he's been waiting for you to turn up the week or two so he can stick the blame on you.. Hey you would of known if you had made contact with it... Just tell him you ain't repairing it as the scratch must of already been there.

Ian101

« Reply #8 on: September 28, 2011, 06:38:25 pm »
I bet he's been waiting for you to turn up the week or two so he can stick the blame on you.. Hey you would of known if you had made contact with it... Just tell him you ain't repairing it as the scratch must of already been there.

exactly wot he said  :)

SHINING EXAMPLE

« Reply #9 on: September 28, 2011, 06:51:10 pm »
Getting on for a year ago, I scratched a custys new Lexus with pole butt. Knocked the door, showed him what I'd done & offered to put it right (possibly £600).
Turned out (his missus telling me later) that he was so gobsmacked that I'd been honest about it, told me not to worry and forget about it. Said they were 'glad to have someone they could trust on their property'.
Phew!
Must admit, I was glad it was me that did it and not my son who was working with me at the time.

sunshine windies

« Reply #10 on: September 28, 2011, 07:09:56 pm »
Going to see him tomorrow, if it ie proved to be my fault does pub
lic liability insurance cover it?

Crystal-clear

« Reply #11 on: September 28, 2011, 07:15:55 pm »

no i don't think it will,

it is possible by the way to scratch a car with the bottom of the pole if you have no base cap on and you aint watching it can be quite bad ,

it happend to me once a while back and i informed the custy so learnt my lesson anytime there is a car im 500% aware and extra carefull

bobplum

« Reply #12 on: September 28, 2011, 08:13:12 pm »
its your word against his and that's it?
police wont be interested.
if he takes you to court how can he prove it
go around stand your ground and part company

sunshine windies

« Reply #13 on: September 28, 2011, 08:38:21 pm »
I did have a rubber base cap taped on the bottom, i could see how a car would be dented by it but i dont see how i could have scratched it

Mike #1

« Reply #14 on: September 28, 2011, 08:43:37 pm »
only a sharp edge even a finger nail could scratch the paintwork but only down to the white , defo not down to the metal .              mike

George P

« Reply #15 on: September 28, 2011, 08:44:25 pm »

public liabillity should cover it, just check what youre excess is,

Neil Gornall

« Reply #16 on: September 28, 2011, 09:09:47 pm »
Tell him the base of your pole has a nasty dent and will he accept "knock for Knock"  ;D

Dave66

« Reply #17 on: September 28, 2011, 10:48:52 pm »
dont go back, stay clear and be more carefull (then egg)
plenty of cream...plenty of sugar!

C-Thru.

« Reply #18 on: September 28, 2011, 10:50:11 pm »
Under NO Circumstances accept liability or responsibility!
Even with Public Lib Ins, don't go there! He's trying it on!
As previous post said, let him call cops, they will tell him its not a criminal matter but a 'civil' one and he will have to pursue you in court privately.
That will cost Him!
He wasn't stood at your side when 'alleged incident' occurred so therefore no proof. No witnesses!
Do Not Under any Circumstances show him your 'Public Liability' Insurance Docs, he will just see those as a way of making money from you + your Insurance company, and go for a full respray of his motor, your premium will double if not treble!
Be polite but VERY firm, deny that you caused damage and by all means try to reason with him and show him your 'Plastic' end caps on your poles, in order to try and convince him that there is no way they could of scratched his car, then after all that if he's still persistent you are to blame, just say 'I'll look forward to seeing you in court then' and walk away!
You'll never hear from him again.....apart from the bullpoop he'll try to spread on the estate of course!
Good luck.
P.S. speaking from experience, had a custy accuse me recently of damaging their conservatory roof with my pole, was kids on estate throwing stones, but they knew I was insured for £3 million Public Liability. Cheeky C++ts, they will all try it on with your insurance before their own!
Always be Polite but FIRM! they will back down every time, remember, NO PROOF..... NO CLAIM!

H S and Son

« Reply #19 on: September 28, 2011, 10:59:56 pm »
deny deny deny and drop if u have to

What if it was him though. It's no good trying to portray an image of professionalism if you behave like a pikey when it is your fault.

I'm not saying admit it if he didn't do it, but don't just knee jerk react and bury your head in the sand. If he did do it he needs to admit it.