This is an advertisement
Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here

Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

LRAZEC

end of tenancy cleaning
« on: October 27, 2005, 11:47:57 am »
Hi all
 As a newbie that I am I am looking for your advice again.  :P

Yesterday I got a phone call for a end of tenancy clean. I don't know what the letting agent is expecting from me to do? I mentioned that we don't do carpet cleaning so I'm fine with that but what do you guys normally do on an end of tenancy clean.

And one more thing - how many hours would you take for a 2 bedroom flat? ???

Cheers

Luke

CMS

Re: end of tenancy cleaning
« Reply #1 on: October 27, 2005, 12:14:48 pm »
I expect that carpet cleaning is something that would normally be required on an end of tenancy clean????

Art

« Reply #2 on: October 27, 2005, 12:29:47 pm »
Usually with end of tenancy cleans you will be given a check out report which highlights the areas that need cleaning. With regards to how many hours for a 2 bedroom, this varies, depending on how much cleaning is involved. 

LRAZEC

« Reply #3 on: October 27, 2005, 02:05:02 pm »
I expect that carpet cleaning is something that would normally be required on an end of tenancy clean?

I've told them before that we don't do carpets so probably the carpets are not too bad... !?!?

I've quoted 4 hours but I don't know if is a set number of hours (minimum) fro that. I hope that I'll finish everything....

And one more thing that just crossed my mind... do you get anyone to sign for the job completed or you just invoice them?

Thanks for you reply

Luke

domestic bliss

« Reply #4 on: October 27, 2005, 02:53:45 pm »
I have done 4 end of tennancy cleans and so far had not had to do carpet cleaning only vacumming.
4 hours sounds ok as long as it is not incredibly dirty.  Are you doing it on your own??
I also have not had to have the property signed off either and so far the tennant has met me at the property and paid me before i start.  Good luck

martin19842

« Reply #5 on: October 27, 2005, 06:07:02 pm »
hi there,

NUMBER OF HOURS, please tell me you are not quoting the client x number of hours at £x.xx therefore charge is £yy.yy

quote for the job so £xxx.xx for the job, and then you dont open yourself up to an enquiry if you are not there that long

and we look at the total amount of time that a crew are going to be on that job, travel to, clean and travel back, so a morning then £xx.xx  off to next site.

regards

martin

preston powerblast

« Reply #6 on: October 27, 2005, 06:18:00 pm »
I do student accomodation.
End of every term the letting agent gives us the key and the address and we totally gut the place. Rip up all carpets and then repaint and clean every room.
I quote by the job and not per hour and if any repairs need doing its an added bonus.
We just put in our invoice and they send us a cheque.

DREAM CLEAN

« Reply #7 on: October 27, 2005, 08:24:21 pm »
Hi,

I do move out cleans and clean every bit of the house inside and a two bedroom house would take about 1 day for one person inc cooker and windows all on a price job

Nick

LRAZEC

« Reply #8 on: October 27, 2005, 09:14:29 pm »
I see many different opinions... I'll get on the job first thing tomorrow morning and I'll let you know how long it took us.

Thank you very much for your posts

Luke

blacksheep

« Reply #9 on: October 27, 2005, 09:38:17 pm »
preston powerblast hi there,do you also replace carpets and if so do most  letting agents expect this ,most of you seem to not only clean but re do the place. Is this the norm

preston powerblast

« Reply #10 on: October 27, 2005, 09:44:20 pm »
The agent gets new carpets fitted as soon as we finish, as the students deposits usually pay for this and when the inspector from the uni comes to inspect it they see that new carpets have been fitted.
We dont ever have to clean them just take them up as its usually cheap and nasty cord carpet anyway.

blacksheep

« Reply #11 on: October 27, 2005, 09:51:59 pm »
thanks for that, not to sure what folks did for end of tenancy, except it has to look new

LRAZEC

« Reply #12 on: October 28, 2005, 02:37:18 pm »
Hi

Just got back form that job... was worst than I thought...
Was a student flat. As I walked in it didn't seem that bad but when I started it took much longer trhen I thought. Two people spent 3 hours to finish it.
 A couple of question if I may:
      - what do you use to clean the window (mouldy) seals in the bathroom ? ??? ??? ???
      - what do you use to remove mould of the walls ?
Cheers

Luke

DREAM CLEAN

« Reply #13 on: October 28, 2005, 10:59:40 pm »
Hi Luke

that was not bad going on time. did you do the cooker?

How many bedrooms?

how much would you charge for that whole clean?

Mold on walls--- what paint work was it?  silk or matt emulsion?

Mold on sealant- well I would have a go with neat bleach which would make it lighter other than that leave it and let the tenanat get charged.

Nick

LRAZEC

« Reply #14 on: October 28, 2005, 11:48:33 pm »
Hi nick

That was a 2 bedroom flat and yes we did the cooker as well but I don't think that they've ever used it  ;D - wasn't bad at all
 That's exactly what I've done in the bathroom but it didn't help too much :(
 About the mould was a matt wall... I've tried something based on bleach but again with not a big difference :(

Anyone any ideeas please....

Cheers

Luke

Art

« Reply #15 on: October 29, 2005, 08:08:27 am »
If the walls are matt explain to the agent if you clean them the paint could come off, better still ask them to sign a disclaimer, then your covered. Bleach is something in my opinion you should never use. There is a product that you can use, which at the moment i can't remember what it's called , when i do remember i'll post. You would be better to ask your chemical supplier. But bleach we never use

Jan K

« Reply #16 on: October 29, 2005, 08:49:34 am »
Nicobond product is good apparently! One of my customer's husband is a builder and they swear by it for removing mould. Haven't sourced it for myself yet tho' so am not writing out of personal experience!

Jan
anyone with facebook can add me at this link ...  jan 'minkeedj' kindon  .... if you can be bothered lol

Paul Forster

« Reply #17 on: October 29, 2005, 02:23:36 pm »
Bleach will remove the mould from viynl silk but not matt. Matt emulshoin should be scrubed with fungicidal soultion and  then re painted. Mouldy ceilings are best reepainted with a kithen and bathroom paint  that will contain a fungicide.

Mouldy silicone is best scraped off and replaced using sanitry silicone. One of my family installs  UPVC windows for a living and recons mould growth  on sealnt usualy arises due to the instaler spitting on there finger in order to prevent the sealant sticking - use a disposable glove instead.

Regards Paul

LRAZEC

« Reply #18 on: October 30, 2005, 08:43:19 am »
Thanks a lot for your posts.
 Monday I'm going to see my chemical supplier and ask him about that as well.

Cheers

Luke

Ian Gourlay

« Reply #19 on: October 30, 2005, 11:47:38 am »
Just

Read about Student Rip off.

If property owner intends to replace Carpets at an end of a tenancy in my opinion landlord should tell students no chance of a Deposit Refund.

Also tenancy agreement should state clearly condition carpet should be left in.

My daughter was charged for carpet cleaning and I had cleaned the carpets twice during the tenancy.

Students are usually charged above the market rate for properties so Landlords should expect to have to do a through end of tenancy clean and include that in their monthly rental calculaction