Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here
Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

Lee Gilroy

edward1

Re: Day Rate for Commercial
« Reply #1 on: July 18, 2011, 05:03:58 pm »
same as any other day rate

cardiffno1

« Reply #2 on: July 18, 2011, 05:26:39 pm »
about 50p to get the work

aztec

« Reply #3 on: July 18, 2011, 05:59:09 pm »
hot water system
operative
trainee lad who has to come!
fully insured
ipaf certificated
nvq level 2
8 hour shift
diesel included within 100 miles from home

total £300.00 per day

Wc Solutions

« Reply #4 on: July 18, 2011, 06:10:20 pm »
250 min!

DaveG

« Reply #5 on: July 18, 2011, 08:07:54 pm »
hot water system
operative
trainee lad who has to come!
fully insured
ipaf certificated
nvq level 2
8 hour shift
diesel included within 100 miles from home

total £300.00 per day

Sure you aint a plumber? ;)
You can't polish a turd

britishwill

« Reply #6 on: July 18, 2011, 08:43:22 pm »
One off £375
Regular £275-£300

Not bothered about one off's I would rather charge high and if I get it I get it.

PureClean Window Cleaning Ltd

« Reply #7 on: July 18, 2011, 10:01:21 pm »
i managed £450 on my 1st big com job, 6hrs work me and my wife, me doing 75% her doing 25%. it was 45ft mind you.

NJWindowCleaning

« Reply #8 on: July 18, 2011, 10:31:58 pm »
charge for an 8 hour day £300 or £37.50 per hour which I get for cleaning three houses... ;D ;D ;D

Dean Taberner

« Reply #9 on: July 19, 2011, 05:34:48 am »
I take it that you guys aren't very busy on the commercial side with those prices?? :-D

Dean.
Operations manager at J.V Price Ltd

http://www.thepricegroup.co.uk

Paul Coleman

« Reply #10 on: July 19, 2011, 06:08:53 am »
I don't have a fixed rate but it's varied between £160 and £200 in recent years.  If it's a fair drive it might be, say, £180 + diesel.  This is if I'm spending the whole day on one (maybe two) jobs that are near to each other.  If I'm expected to clock up miles on different jobs I might charge even more.  It might also vary a bit on how much I want the work/how busy I am/how difficult the work looks etc.  In reality, it's very unusual to be on a day rate though.  The only regular day work I currently do is one day per quarter when I become part of a team on a large job.  I won't write here what I get for that in case any of the other team members look in.  It's reasonable to assume that I get more though as I supply my own tools/van/water whereas they don't.

Small but perfectley formed

« Reply #11 on: July 19, 2011, 07:05:49 am »
If you are subbing £120
Spit and polish

Paul Coleman

« Reply #12 on: July 19, 2011, 09:14:20 am »
I take it that you guys aren't very busy on the commercial side with those prices?? :-D

Dean.

What sort of figure did you have in mind then Dean?

Lee Gilroy

« Reply #13 on: July 19, 2011, 09:17:32 am »
I have picked up a job commercial, 4 floors with 200 windows.

I was looking at a rate of £300 for the day.

Was not sure if this was too much or too cheap.

On a commercial do you think they would want it every 4 weeks as if I was to suggest 6-8 weeks I would increase the rate.

What do you think ?

supernova77

« Reply #14 on: July 19, 2011, 09:36:34 am »
charge for an 8 hour day £300 or £37.50 per hour which I get for cleaning three houses... Grin Grin Grin

Exactly!     You can't beat a good paying domestic round!

Andy

Helen

« Reply #15 on: July 19, 2011, 09:45:17 am »
I have picked up a job commercial, 4 floors with 200 windows.

I was looking at a rate of £300 for the day.

Was not sure if this was too much or too cheap.

On a commercial do you think they would want it every 4 weeks as if I was to suggest 6-8 weeks I would increase the rate.

What do you think ?

How long is it going to take you?
How many people will be working on it?
If you are happy with that price, then doesn't matter what anyone else thinks does it, you've got the job, you can't change your mind on the price now!

Hold up......you have got the job, but have no idea whether it is a one off or what regularity they want  ???

Paul Coleman

« Reply #16 on: July 19, 2011, 04:36:50 pm »
If you are subbing £120

I thought that a bit low when I saw it but maybe day work rates can be regional too.  I probably live in one of the more expensive areas of the country (southeast).

Dean Taberner

« Reply #17 on: July 19, 2011, 06:59:56 pm »

Dean.

As a one off for a one man band then I don't blame the guys for going for a higher rate,

But as regular day to day work then per man the price needs to be a lot less than the 3-400 quid a day that has been talked about.

I'm not going to start talking prices on here but we've got more work than a proverbial stick can be shaked at and are totally snowed under for 5 of us and charge a lot less than the prices mentioned and still more than make it pay.

Its not all smooth though, a clutch went in one of my vans today and put a major spanner in the works for the rest of the week.

Roll on friday,

Dean.
Operations manager at J.V Price Ltd

http://www.thepricegroup.co.uk

Mike_G

« Reply #18 on: July 19, 2011, 07:15:21 pm »

Dean.

As a one off for a one man band then I don't blame the guys for going for a higher rate,

But as regular day to day work then per man the price needs to be a lot less than the 3-400 quid a day that has been talked about.

I'm not going to start talking prices on here but we've got more work than a proverbial stick can be shaked at and are totally snowed under for 5 of us and charge a lot less than the prices mentioned and still more than make it pay.

Its not all smooth though, a clutch went in one of my vans today and put a major spanner in the works for the rest of the week.

Roll on friday,

Dean.

Could not agree more.

Amazing how people come on this site saying they earn bucket loads of money and then ask if somebody has a cheap pole for sale or a secondhand squeegee etc.

the bfg

« Reply #19 on: July 19, 2011, 07:38:17 pm »

Dean.

Roll on friday,

Dean.

Could not agree more.

Amazing how people come on this site saying they earn bucket loads of money and then ask if somebody has a cheap pole for sale or a secondhand squeegee etc.

you just hit the nail on the head there Mike.

I charge £200 per day on day rate and have done since 2007,  for that they me and 650 Litres of water,  when the weater runs out then I'm gone so no more than 5 hours.

I also pay £200 per day when subing out  although on one job I did pay someone £400 per day for 2 days work