This is an advertisement
Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here

Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

Jackal

Re: Day Rate for Commercial
« Reply #20 on: July 19, 2011, 07:51:02 pm »
wont be long before someone says they earn £500 a day everyday,there aint many who dare to say what there day rate is as they will get slated by the rich boys

Sean Dyer

« Reply #21 on: July 19, 2011, 08:11:00 pm »
I take it that you guys aren't very busy on the commercial side with those prices?? :-D

Dean.

What sort of figure did you have in mind then Dean?

As a one off for a one man band then I don't blame the guys for going for a higher rate,

But as regular day to day work then per man the price needs to be a lot less than the 3-400 quid a day that has been talked about.

I'm not going to start talking prices on here but we've got more work than a proverbial stick can be shaked at and are totally snowed under for 5 of us and charge a lot less than the prices mentioned and still more than make it pay.

Its not all smooth though, a clutch went in one of my vans today and put a major spanner in the works for the rest of the week.

Roll on friday,

Dean.

Could not agree more.

Amazing how people come on this site saying they earn bucket loads of money and then ask if somebody has a cheap pole for sale or a secondhand squeegee etc.

you just hit the nail on the head there Mike.

I charge £200 per day on day rate and have done since 2007,  for that they me and 650 Litres of water,  when the weater runs out then I'm gone so no more than 5 hours.

I also pay £200 per day when subing out  although on one job I did pay someone £400 per day for 2 days work

BFG I agree with you , apart from the fact you charge 200 and pay 200 for subbing, = no money made??

Mike_G

« Reply #22 on: July 19, 2011, 08:58:04 pm »
I take it that you guys aren't very busy on the commercial side with those prices?? :-D

Dean.

As a one off for a one man band then I don't blame the guys for going for a higher rate,

But as regular day to day work then per man the price needs to be a lot less than the 3-400 quid a day that has been talked about.

I'm not going to start talking prices on here but we've got more work than a proverbial stick can be shaked at and are totally snowed under for 5 of us and charge a lot less than the prices mentioned and still more than make it pay.

Its not all smooth though, a clutch went in one of my vans today and put a major spanner in the works for the rest of the week.

Roll on friday,

Dean.

Could not agree more.

Amazing how people come on this site saying they earn bucket loads of money and then ask if somebody has a cheap pole for sale or a secondhand squeegee etc.

you just hit the nail on the head there Mike.

I charge £200 per day on day rate and have done since 2007,  for that they me and 650 Litres of water,  when the weater runs out then I'm gone so no more than 5 hours.

I also pay £200 per day when subing out  although on one job I did pay someone £400 per day for 2 days work

BFG I agree with you , apart from the fact you charge 200 and pay 200 for subbing, = no money made??

Never mind that, get a sub work down my way I'm your man!

Paul Coleman

« Reply #23 on: July 19, 2011, 10:48:14 pm »

Dean.

Roll on friday,

Dean.

OK Dean.  I was just trying to clarify which pricing you were referring to as I thought mine was pretty fair - especially for the southeast.

the bfg

« Reply #24 on: July 20, 2011, 12:46:33 am »

[/quote]

Sean.

when I do work for other companies I charge my day rate of £200

on big jobs Ive picked up then I pay other subies £200 per day especially when the job has a limited time scale,   for instance my biggest monthly job is £1K per clean but I only get 2 days to do it and the owners pick the days when we come and clean ( always a wed and thurs )  and between the hours of 9am-4pm AND WE HAVE TO BE OFF SITE BY 4PM

there is no way I could do it on my own in that time scale so I sub 2 days out at £200 per day and I make £600 for 2 days work.

I also sub internal work out to tradders at £100 per day  and as long as I can make some profit from the job I will always sub out

Gav Camm lammy 283

« Reply #25 on: July 20, 2011, 08:17:00 pm »
100% agree with dean
 ;) ;)
LET YOUR PANES BE MY PLEASURE

"If CALSBERG did WINDOW CLEANING
 it would be C.C.C  Probably the best WINDOW CLEANERS IN THE WORLD ..........."

mci services

« Reply #26 on: July 20, 2011, 10:01:35 pm »

Sean.

on big jobs Ive picked up then I pay other subies £200 per day especially when the job has a limited time scale,   for instance my biggest monthly job is £1K per clean but I only get 2 days to do it and the owners pick the days when we come and clean ( always a wed and thurs )  and between the hours of 9am-4pm AND WE HAVE TO BE OFF SITE BY 4PM

there is no way I could do it on my own in that time scale so I sub 2 days out at £200 per day and I make £600 for 2 days work.

I also sub internal work out to tradders at £100 per day  and as long as I can make some profit from the job I will always sub out
[/quote]

Sorry mate I would tell you to shove it, why should a tradder earn less than the wfp guys. A days work is a days work whatever method you use

I have a few jobs on my books that pay better because the main contractor can't/won't do internal

the bfg

« Reply #27 on: July 20, 2011, 10:41:37 pm »

Sorry mate I would tell you to shove it, why should a tradder earn less than the wfp guys. A days work is a days work whatever method you use

I have a few jobs on my books that pay better because the main contractor can't/won't do internal
[/quote]

Stu.

its because the WFP subie will turn up with 650 litres of water and poles up to 60 foot for the job in question.

the tradder turning up to clean the internals will have a bucket mop and blade

its simple mate  do the maths

mci services

« Reply #28 on: July 20, 2011, 10:54:56 pm »
Stu.

its because the WFP subie will turn up with 650 litres of water and poles up to 60 foot for the job in question.

its simple mate  do the maths
[/quote]

I get what you are saying but I don't agree, my day rate is my day rate whatever method, and if it is my own work it will be priced with time in mind whatever method I use, although I will agree if you are expecting someone to do 60 foot work then the rate would be higher, but run of the mill stuff that a few years ago would have been done from ladders then no

just added later I think a day rate for a tradder should be higher than a ton especially down your way, I would want more up here

the bfg

« Reply #29 on: July 20, 2011, 11:58:00 pm »
Stu.

even down these parts mate there are tradders doing day rate for £75 a day.

I pay £100 per day but some of those days will only 4-5 hours max so I think I pay a fair rate considering I do job and finish and the trad work is always internal.    have even had jobs finish after just 3 hours so the £100 doesnt look to bad for those hours.

Sean Dyer

« Reply #30 on: July 21, 2011, 10:22:59 am »

Sean.

[/quote]

Nice job :) Could do with a few of them myself :)

Paul Coleman

« Reply #31 on: July 21, 2011, 07:26:46 pm »
Stu.

its simple mate  do the maths

I get what you are saying but I don't agree, my day rate is my day rate whatever method, and if it is my own work it will be priced with time in mind whatever method I use, although I will agree if you are expecting someone to do 60 foot work then the rate would be higher, but run of the mill stuff that a few years ago would have been done from ladders then no

just added later I think a day rate for a tradder should be higher than a ton especially down your way, I would want more up here
[/quote]

I'm not so sure.  There is definitely a much higher, ongoing cost to running a WFP business - even for a sole trader.  If, purely for example, a trad business costs £2 per hour to run and a WFP business costs £5 per hour to run, then the WFPer is shelling out £32 per day more than the tradder (assuming 8 hour day).  The daily rate for subbing would need to reflect this.  It's nothing to do with doing down a trad cleaner.
I do agree that a ton is too low for a decent trad window cleaner who is self-employed.  But I would say that because I' in the southeast.

Just my opinions.  Not looking for a quarrel with anyone.

Paul Coleman

« Reply #32 on: July 21, 2011, 07:31:26 pm »
Stu.

even down these parts mate there are tradders doing day rate for £75 a day.

I pay £100 per day but some of those days will only 4-5 hours max so I think I pay a fair rate considering I do job and finish and the trad work is always internal.    have even had jobs finish after just 3 hours so the £100 doesnt look to bad for those hours.

Have you tried the Vikan Easyshine kit with spare pads.  I find it knocks a lot of time off the internal cleans and the quality is Ok so long as you change pads enough.  It would cut your costs enormously.