This is an advertisement
Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here

Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

Pole2pole

Bird Flu
« on: October 16, 2005, 09:50:51 pm »
1st posting on here, but something we "may" have to take very seriously sooner or later. Been looking up on it and if it should hit our shores, it is something that can be caught by dried faeces being inhaled.ie,scraping it off windows and dust particles going up our noses. Pretty dramatic posting i know,but its hitting europe and if it hits us,maybe we should be taking it (quite) seriously. I know that none of us have any answers for this(cos it isn't really a question) but if we do get it here,maybe we should think about wearing masks,boil washing scrims etc etc. Better to be safe.don't ya think? I'll probably get banned for being such an optimist but........hey?  :)

Re: Bird Flu
« Reply #1 on: October 16, 2005, 10:01:18 pm »
Welcome to the forum, Dino.

Apparently, there's loads of germs in bird-poo that aren't routinely good for you.  Luckily enough I use a WFP now, but Wor Lass does the 'bottoms' traditionally, so I guess she's most at risk.

She always washes her hands before she eats and I've got a good life-insurance policy out on her.

So I reckon I'm covered!

matt

« Reply #2 on: October 16, 2005, 10:10:29 pm »
funny, i was only thinking the same thing last week when it was on the news

would WFP the whole house make it safer ?? ?? ?

Pole2pole

« Reply #3 on: October 16, 2005, 10:17:17 pm »
I guess it would matt. Like i said,no questions really on this one,just that if it comes to it,be careful. Tosh has been spending endless hours on this one :) He's on the case. Bet he loves wor lass really  ;)

matt

« Reply #4 on: October 16, 2005, 10:20:31 pm »
think i will be typing a letter to the customers shortly

at least expalining the worries about it, and the possible change

Pole2pole

« Reply #5 on: October 16, 2005, 10:27:49 pm »
Maybe just avoiding and windows with pony and trap on it would be ok. And if they say anything, just point out the implications. And if they gotta problem with it........well....you know the score by now. Byeeeeeee punter. Cos should we get it........we'd be bringin it home to our nearest and dearest. Happy posting or what?  ???

Ian_Giles

« Reply #6 on: October 17, 2005, 05:59:41 am »
Mmm, Note to self; Do not use fingernails to pick off recalcitrant bits of dried on bird poo and then bite my nails :-\

Ian
Ian. ISM CLEANING SERVICES

jb1975

« Reply #7 on: October 17, 2005, 10:33:26 am »
Maybe just avoiding and windows with pony and trap on it would be ok. And if they say anything, just point out the implications. And if they gotta problem with it........well....you know the score by now. Byeeeeeee punter. Cos should we get it........we'd be bringin it home to our nearest and dearest. Happy posting or what?  ???

A window cleaner could use a mask, can get them at B&Q. I wonder if there has been a health and safety analysis of the dirt, grim on windows and how it could affect window cleaners ( I wouldnt have thought there was much risk though as many 60yr+ windows cleaners seem quite healthy)

I was thinking about health hazards as I walked past shop windows today. Eg. How is blood or dog mess cleaned off a window, and how to sterilise the equipment after use?

matt

« Reply #8 on: October 17, 2005, 10:54:29 am »
but whilst dog mess isnt nice, bird crap with P.haps Bird flu germs on it would stand a good chance of killing you

« Reply #9 on: October 17, 2005, 11:48:01 am »
Dog poo brings a disease that causes blindness, can't remember it's name.
That's why no sand pits in public playgrounds.

Yikes!

I'm going back to my old job...

Brain surgery was far less complicated! :P

Pj

thewindowcleaner1

« Reply #10 on: October 17, 2005, 04:23:53 pm »
Mmm, Note to self; Do not use fingernails to pick off recalcitrant bits of dried on bird poo and then bite my nails

Good point me too
The secret is not doing as you like but liking what you do
www.thewindowcleaner.biz

« Reply #11 on: October 17, 2005, 04:40:29 pm »
What do you do if a bird poos on your windscreen?

Don't take her out again! :o

Moderator David@stives

« Reply #12 on: October 17, 2005, 04:44:25 pm »
At one of the nursing homes i do a lady used to drop her excrement (s--t)  out of the window and it used to go all over the glass along with half chewed wine gums which she spat out and stuck like glue on the window .
So you could not just give it a quick wipe.
So you newbies beware ,you never know what lies ahead,i also stood in it once or twice.

yuk yuk

Pole2pole

« Reply #13 on: October 17, 2005, 05:33:39 pm »
Its a matter of time til this one is closed down. Seems to me we're all talkin S**t  ::)

busydaffodil

« Reply #14 on: October 17, 2005, 06:56:29 pm »
What do you do if a bird poos on your windscreen?

Don't take her out again! :o

ROFLMAO!

busydaffodil

« Reply #15 on: October 17, 2005, 07:01:58 pm »
Part of the cleaning job I do involves cleaning human poo, wee wee & drug stuff.  Its not nice.  I ALWAYS clear litter with a litter picker. Steel boots(including the soles), special gloves & long reach litter pickers !! Unfortunately, there is no electric supply there, so all the work is done manually.    :o  Yep, MANUALLY  !!!   

thewindowcleaner1

« Reply #16 on: October 17, 2005, 07:59:43 pm »
Part of the cleaning job I do involves cleaning human poo, wee wee & drug stuff.  Its not nice.  I ALWAYS clear litter with a litter picker. Steel boots(including the soles), special gloves & long reach litter pickers !! Unfortunately, there is no electric supply there, so all the work is done manually.      Yep, MANUALLY  !!!   

MAny years ago when working Night Clubs normally on a friday or sat night the toilets always got backed up, I spent many a happy hour down the man holes in my best gear moving lumps and the ladies monthly needs.

Another story going back to my early years is of a shop keeper that I used to deliver to had to have a lung removed as he caught a rare tropical desease, as he never left the country the only way he could have caught it was by counting the shops bank notes by licking his finger as he counted..
I tend not to worry about all these possible deadly deseases any more, I know its out there but there again so is a double decker bus
The secret is not doing as you like but liking what you do
www.thewindowcleaner.biz

poles apart

« Reply #17 on: October 17, 2005, 08:06:16 pm »
Talking of sh*t, be careful when laying out your hoses on grass as you may well end up reeling in sh*t! :o
Rod

Sarah Sarill

« Reply #18 on: October 17, 2005, 08:08:55 pm »
Rod, where is South Wales are your from ?

Noticed you have some tanks for sale - collection from South Wales. Dont need one but saw the welsh connection AGAIN on this forum !!!   ;D

Regards,

Sarah
Sarah

Moderator David@stives

« Reply #19 on: October 17, 2005, 08:10:32 pm »
south wales is to the west of england