This is an advertisement
Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here

Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

Sarah Sarill

Re: Bird Flu
« Reply #20 on: October 17, 2005, 08:11:50 pm »
Hiya David,

On a good day I can see you acrosss the water - beware big sisters watching you  ;D ;D

Sarah
Sarah

poles apart

« Reply #21 on: October 17, 2005, 08:16:33 pm »
Im in Pontardawe but I travel all over South Wales fulfilling my obligations ;)
Rod

rosskesava

« Reply #22 on: October 17, 2005, 09:46:11 pm »
I was reading tonight that most people infected in Asia have been those who worked in chicken houses and the like.

So far it appears to have gone for geese, ducks and chickens.

It seems that what the authorities are most worried about is if a human catches it and it mutates into a form that humans can spread like ordinary flu.

http://www.nhsdirect.nhs.uk/news.asp?articleID=1304

Having written the above and looked at the NHS website, our tight fisted government would hardly spend tons of dosh on vaccines for no reason would they?

Cheers

AuRavelling79

« Reply #23 on: October 17, 2005, 10:36:24 pm »
south wales is to the west of england

Actually South Wales is to the North of the West of England too!
It's a game of three halves!

buzz06

« Reply #24 on: October 17, 2005, 11:40:57 pm »
Having written the above and looked at the NHS website, our tight fisted government would hardly spend tons of dosh on vaccines for no reason would they?
yes they would !! its a con if bird flu MUTATES it means its changed, so the old cure wont work. its a bit like saying water is water is water  but when it comes to wfp we know thats not true, tap water dont work but its still water ! we are all being lied to , until bird flu mutates & we  know what it has changed into,  how the hell can they tell us they have already got a cure for it !!!!
oops bit heavy, sorry 

rosskesava

« Reply #25 on: October 18, 2005, 12:18:49 am »
hmmm...

I don't think they are saying they have the cure.

I think they have made a vacinne from those that caught the bird flu. Aferall, 60 people have died from it and all died from exactly the same thing.

I did read that that the vaccine may or may not work but they think it may.

I just can't imagine a governmant spending a fortune otherwise.

I don't think there is a cure? Is there? It's a type of flu and anyway with regards ordinary flu, 12 000 in the UK die of that every year already.

Cheers

williamx

« Reply #26 on: October 18, 2005, 12:22:21 am »
Did you know that if you a have cancer and have the treatment, your poo turns Radioactive. :-[

thewindowcleaner1

« Reply #27 on: October 18, 2005, 07:51:31 am »
Did you know that if you a have cancer and have the treatment, your poo turns Radioactive.

Does that mean it glows in the dark

Part of the cleaning job I do involves cleaning human poo, wee wee & drug stuff.  Its not nice.  I ALWAYS clear litter with a litter picker. Steel boots(including the soles), special gloves & long reach litter pickers !! Unfortunately, there is no electric supply there, so all the work is done manually.      Yep, MANUALLY  !!!   

There you are the Cleaner service Problem solved..

The secret is not doing as you like but liking what you do
www.thewindowcleaner.biz

busydaffodil

« Reply #28 on: October 18, 2005, 07:44:19 pm »
You guys are so funny sometimes!   Just when you think its time to log off, someone gets me giggling.

I'm buying my Xmas Turkey tomorrow.  I refuse to be without bird on Xmas day, even if it has to be a frozen cheapo!!!!    lmao   This is, of course, just incase we have a cull.

« Reply #29 on: October 18, 2005, 08:03:47 pm »
I'm buying my Xmas Turkey tomorrow. 

Christmas is December the 25th.  Over two months away.  It's still only October.  It's all a big marketing con that we've been sold.  Charles D ickens started it all and we've swallowed it. 

Kids driving you up the wall telling you day in day out, from NOW, what they want for Christmas; changing their minds on a daily basis and informing you of their wishes at 6.30 am isn't my idea of fun.

You spend a fortune on one day.  Cook a feast for a family you only see once or twice a year and dislike mostly.  Feel obligated to visit others.

I hate Christmas and any further mentions of 'it' - before December the 1st - will result in a locked thread. ;)

Bah humbug.

« Reply #30 on: October 18, 2005, 09:05:18 pm »
Chr

busydaffodil

« Reply #31 on: October 18, 2005, 09:11:56 pm »
Christmas is December the 25th.  
:o
  It's all a big marketing con that we've been sold.    
I agree.
Kids driving you up the wall telling you day in day out, from NOW, what they want for Christmas; changing their minds on a daily basis and informing you of their wishes at 6.30 am isn't my idea of fun.
I know nothing about that...........kid free zone here.
You spend a fortune on one day
NOt in this house.    Actually cutting down this year & will be saving approx £300.
Cook a feast for a family you only see once or twice a year and dislike mostly.  Feel obligated to visit others.
Nope.....only invite people we WANT to see.  Same applies for weddings here too.  Its why I got married in the caribbean.  Didnt have to invite people I didnt want.

I hate Christmas and any further mentions of 'it' - before December the 1st - will result in a locked thread. ;)
You have no chance of me NOT mentioning Xmas (now I know you hate it  ;) )

Lizzy

rosskesava

« Reply #32 on: October 18, 2005, 09:15:33 pm »
There's a song I like to sing as I'm merrily cleaning windows.

The first 2 lines are:

Good King Wencelas looked out
On the feast of Stephen.....

It just so happens that I like good old King Wencelas. Especially on the day that is the feast of Stephen.........

And good old St Swithin's day. When we all go out boxing like wot they do around here after all being tanked up on St Stephens day.

At least I never mentioned THAT word unlike the previous posting who dismally failed to follow Mr Moderator's request.....

;D

busydaffodil

« Reply #33 on: October 18, 2005, 09:20:59 pm »

At least I never mentioned THAT word unlike the previous poisting who dismally failed to follow Mr Moderator's request.....

;D

CHICKEN!

Now Mr Motivator......hows that for bringing postings back in line with this topic!!
 ;D

rosskesava

« Reply #34 on: October 18, 2005, 09:35:25 pm »
I did mention that I like to sing my song whilst cleaning windows.

;D

thewindowcleaner1

« Reply #35 on: October 18, 2005, 10:00:08 pm »
Christmas is December the 25th. 

I put my prices up on Jan the 1st really look forward to xmas..(the missus stops spending money) for a while then the birthdays start...

The secret is not doing as you like but liking what you do
www.thewindowcleaner.biz

« Reply #36 on: October 18, 2005, 10:05:36 pm »
what came first?

Bird?  or Flu?

busydaffodil

« Reply #37 on: October 18, 2005, 10:06:50 pm »
what came first?

Bird?  or Flu?

DUH   topic thread reads  BIRD FLU.   So BIRD obviously!!    ;) ;D :P

AuRavelling79

« Reply #38 on: October 18, 2005, 10:07:23 pm »
Good King Wenceslas looked out - on the feast of Stephen
Rosskesava's a layabout - that's what I'm beleivin'

He's got the flu and an iced up pole -  the winter has been cru-el
Eight pints of beer will have to do - just for his winter fu-el.

You've got to admit - they don't write 'em like that any more!
It's a game of three halves!

busydaffodil

« Reply #39 on: October 18, 2005, 10:26:49 pm »
Do you know you had me singing that, seeing if the words fitted!

No "saddo" comments please.  Already called myself it OK!