Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here
Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

cozy

Re: Facebook
« Reply #120 on: June 24, 2011, 04:37:17 pm »
I'll type slow so you get the point I'm making. Assume other customers have got a computer, and with your successful Facebook page full of carpet cleaners, some of these customers find their way onto your "Vanity" named page and see what you post about how you were shocked to find such a minging bunker.

So go get a "Vanity name" for your page, post what you like and hope only carpet cleaners read your comments.

I come onto this section for advice. If I get advice, I tend to look at who is giving it and look at their post history to see if they know what they are talking about when it's about a subject where I need advice. There are people that I ask directly, like Joe Hatton, or Neil Willams, or sometimes Clinton.

Wouldn't bother asking you about Facebook or customer respect.As I said, good luck, you'll need it with your attitude mate.

Adam P

« Reply #121 on: June 24, 2011, 04:43:17 pm »
got to agree with cozy here. paul you know who you were talking about but your customers don't. was you talking about them when you judged them? if they use you it's obviously because they think their carpets are dirty. will they feel comfortable knowing that you'll then post online about how can they leave in a property with dirty carpets. common sense really. don't go judging and slagging off your customers who have dirty carpets to your customers (who all think they have dirty carpets so are looking to get them cleaned).

Paul Simpson

« Reply #122 on: June 24, 2011, 04:57:30 pm »
I'll type slow so you get the point I'm making. Assume other customers have got a computer, and with your successful Facebook page full of carpet cleaners, some of these customers find their way onto your "Vanity" named page and see what you post about how you were shocked to find such a minging bunker.

So go get a "Vanity name" for your page, post what you like and hope only carpet cleaners read your comments.

I come onto this section for advice. If I get advice, I tend to look at who is giving it and look at their post history to see if they know what they are talking about when it's about a subject where I need advice. There are people that I ask directly, like Joe Hatton, or Neil Willams, or sometimes Clinton.

Wouldn't bother asking you about Facebook or customer respect.As I said, good luck, you'll need it with your attitude mate.

No need to get sarcastic or insulting about it, I didn't ask for your comments on it, I was just responding to what you wrote.

Easter bunny, how am I "slagging off" my customer ???

Adam P

« Reply #123 on: June 24, 2011, 05:03:29 pm »
tbh I don't use facebook so haven't read what you said but from what has been said in this thread it would appear you've said something along the lines of "i'm surprised that someone was living there" what else is this if not slagging off? people in this thread have even said it's fine as you haven't put a name/address so why are they defending it if it isn't an insult? if you had put name and address this would mean then it's bad right? that sentence basically reads. "the place was so dirty that no one could live there". the point was clear i think you're just defending now simply on the fact you don't want to be wrong. I can't see how anyone could think it makes sense to tell customers how bad other customers  places are

what you think of the site cozy?  :P

cozy

« Reply #124 on: June 24, 2011, 05:14:50 pm »
I seem to have offended you Mr Simpson, easily done, so it would seem. Hope your customers aren't as sensitive as you seem to be. Not a nice feeling is it?

Paul Simpson

« Reply #125 on: June 24, 2011, 05:19:25 pm »
Just to let you know it says "a recent bad one, and yes someone was living there"

I am not "defending it because I don't want to be wrong" I just do not see any harm in the comment, but like I said before, maybe I think differently. If of course everyone comes on agreeing with you, then maybe I am wrong.

Paul Simpson

« Reply #126 on: June 24, 2011, 05:21:05 pm »
Not offended, mate  ;D

cozy

« Reply #127 on: June 24, 2011, 05:24:29 pm »
Ahhh, I've stumbled over a keyboard hero from the carpet section who is never wrong. Sorry, I was trying to help people who wanted to actually use Facebook to earn money and promote more business. You stick to your "I'm right" tactic and keep posting unhelpfull comments on your page. Please stay away from my pages, they are for customers.

Adam P

« Reply #128 on: June 24, 2011, 05:29:16 pm »
this is how i see it paul.

every customer in the last 10 days that has used you has used you simply because they thought their carpets were dirty that they now didn't want to live with them. I wash my cloths when i find them too dirty to wear, customers clean their carpets when they consider them too dirty to live with (sounds extreme but can't think of a better way to say it). now their opinion of dirty will be different to yours but they simply thought they had dirty carpets that needed to be cleaned. if they now go on facebook and see you pointing out that you've just done a dirty carpet clean that was so bad that you had to comment that someone was even living there then they'd be justified in thinking it's them you're talking about. it's a pointless comment that doesn't have any benefit but only risk. you could easily say another bad one today that come up great, customer very happy now living with fresh like new carpets.

Paul Simpson

« Reply #129 on: June 24, 2011, 05:43:32 pm »
this is how i see it paul.

every customer in the last 10 days that has used you has used you simply because they thought their carpets were dirty that they now didn't want to live with them. I wash my cloths when i find them too dirty to wear, customers clean their carpets when they consider them too dirty to live with (sounds extreme but can't think of a better way to say it). now their opinion of dirty will be different to yours but they simply thought they had dirty carpets that needed to be cleaned. if they now go on facebook and see you pointing out that you've just done a dirty carpet clean that was so bad that you had to comment that someone was even living there then they'd be justified in thinking it's them you're talking about. it's a pointless comment that doesn't have any benefit but only risk. you could easily say another bad one today that come up great, customer very happy now living with fresh like new carpets.

Thanks for the advice.

garry22

« Reply #130 on: June 24, 2011, 05:46:42 pm »
1/ With the internet, you have to assume that anything is in the public domain (including many forum comments).

What is humour to friends in the pub does not translate to the written word quite so easily. We are in a world where a couple of negative comments or reviews can snowball and wreck a business.

I have a client who drives me nuts. He is repeatedly late replying to e mails. He cannot grasp that a few comments about that on a forum or Q & A site could mean (in their business) tens of yhousands of lost revenue.

2/ Would it not be better to have a few "normal people" liking pages rather than businesses? It looks a bit false, like swapping web links.

derek west

« Reply #131 on: June 24, 2011, 05:57:13 pm »
i think the idea of forums is to offer advice, not to ram it down peoples throats then get all shirty when someone doesn't listen.

Adam P

« Reply #132 on: June 24, 2011, 06:02:23 pm »
force?

garry22

« Reply #133 on: June 24, 2011, 06:07:23 pm »
Paul,

I'm not taking sides either way but something similar happened to me a while ago.

I used a sub headline... "To all office managers who think they are being fed bullpoop by carpet cleaners".. It did not seem a big deal to me.
It came up during a "focus group" discussion (all the wives & girlfriends in the pub) and the girls all hated it. It got changed shortly afterwards.

Robert Watson

« Reply #134 on: June 24, 2011, 06:10:44 pm »
Thought its about time I got involved in this. Facebook, not the wee "Debate"  ;D
what is the word count on facebook?
Cheers

The Kitchen Door Centre

wynne jones

« Reply #135 on: June 24, 2011, 06:19:24 pm »
 One day this guy will be back in fashion, don't think anything reciprocal on the web will be again though.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ekhvwzPcD64

It's not expensive, you just can't afford it.

Adam P

« Reply #136 on: June 24, 2011, 06:21:18 pm »
is that derek on the drums?

Simon Gerrard

« Reply #137 on: June 24, 2011, 06:25:45 pm »
How do you get the big advert type image to the left of your Facebook page?

Simon

Paul Simpson

« Reply #138 on: June 24, 2011, 06:29:47 pm »
Thanks Gary, noted!

Simon, if its what I think your talking about you just add a copy of your advert or logo as your profile picture.

Simon Gerrard